Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, Wilson looks like he came back a few weeks too early. Hopefully for him and the team that doesn't have long-term consequences. But he's clearly not right.

The o-line has quietly or not-so-quietly been a problem for years. But Wilson's physical issue is much more concerning right now. Previously, he was able to make plays in spite of a bad line. But right now it seems like he has no command, which suggests that the finger isn't quite right.

And, unfortunately for Metcalf and (to a lesser degree) Lockett owners in FFB, that is hurting their value a lot.

I got lucky this week. Lockett got JUST enough yards in the first half to secure me a win. But I don't feel good about starting him moving forward, which is a concern for me because Mike Williams is struggling again and Julio Jones is on my IR. So my WR2 is shaky.
    Before the finger issue, Russ was able to cook. Like you said, the oline has been bad for years. Pete Carroll has to share the blame some because he has a say on what plays should be called. In the league that I'm 9-3 in, I have Metcalf, Thielen, Chase, Mooney and DeVonta Smith. We have a max of 5 wrs and 4 rbs in that league. I was able to pick up Mooney, Hubbard(bye), and Jamaal Williams last night. I also have Henry, Michel Carter and Calvin Ridley on IR but the only one that will probably come off the IR is Carter. The bad team is now in a 4-way tie for 2nd place and only one game out of first. I love that league because there's no max on waiver pickups. I've used the waiver list to get back into contention. My other league has a 80 max on pickups. I'll come close to using all 80.

Put Geno back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Put Geno back in.
    This^. At least Metcalf was thrown to.

So, I'm keeping Pollard in the starting lineup this week, right? Over guys like Boston Scott, Goedert, Beasley, and DeSean Jackson?

So, I'm keeping Pollard in the starting lineup this week, right? Over guys like Boston Scott, Goedert, Beasley, and DeSean Jackson?
    Oof. Yeah, probably. Assuming it is standard and not PPR. If PPR, I might consider Beasley. But still probably Pollard even then.

Would you guys go with Taysom Hill or Derek Carr this week for a bye week fill-in?

Would you guys go with Taysom Hill or Derek Carr this week for a bye week fill-in?
    I had that choice and went with Carr.

I had that choice and went with Carr.
    I did the same ultimately.

I did the same ultimately.
    Looking like a good choice...

Edit: already back in.
    Last edited by Acymetric; 12-02-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Looking like a good choice...

Edit: already back in.
    My friend picked up Hill and had the benefit of his 100 rushing yards, 264 passing yards and 1 TD but also had his 4 INTs. He had a broken finger that will probably cause him to miss several games. He had 25 fantasy points. I would have gone the safer route and taken Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    My friend picked up Hill and had the benefit of his 100 rushing yards, 264 passing yards and 1 TD but also had his 4 INTs. He had a broken finger that will probably cause him to miss several games. He had 25 fantasy points. I would have gone the safer route and taken Carr.
    Yeah, in hindsight I wish I'd started Hill. That solid 20 points (in our league he was a 20.5 point scorer) would have been just what I was looking for. But hopefully Carr ends up in the same neighborhood and makes it mostly moot.

But, process over outcome, and I agree that Carr was the safer play (which is why I started him).

Josh Jacobs or Devonta Smith today?

Josh Jacobs is questionable but expected to play. He had the most Carrie’s of the season last week, however, Washington has been really good against the run lately.

As far as Devonta is concerned, the Eagles most likely will throw the ball more today if Minshew starts in place of an ailing Hurts.

I benched Goedert and played Boston Scott at the flex. Also started Theilen. Brutal. Now I get to decide between Jerry Jeudy and Cole Beasley for my last WR spot...

Down by 2. I have NE defense and the Bills kicker. He has Stefan Diggs.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Down by 2. I have NE defense and the Bills kicker. He has Stefan Diggs.
    Well I won by less than 3. Mostly due to the weather.

RB

Which running back do you like best in week 14?

James Robinson

or

Chuba Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Which running back do you like best in week 14?

James Robinson

or

Chuba Hubbard
    I would stick with Robinson. I don't trust the Panthers RB situation with Newton at QB, and I'm not ready to write Robinson off after a week in which he was clearly banged up and missed time.

Down to the nitty gritty time.

I've got a "win and I'm in, lose and I'm out" situation in the last regular season week in the league with my bad team (6-6-1 record). In the league with my good team (8-5), I'm in first in my division with 2 weeks left. I have the tiebreaker (points) over the two 7-6 teams, so I need one more win or a loss each by those two teams.

In my first league, I'm favored as my opponent (who is the other team in a "win and you're in" situation) has been decimated by injuries/illness (McCaffrey, Ridley, Carter, Drake, Russell Wilson). But basically I'm just starting the playoffs a week early. And am doing so with my best player (Jonathan Taylor) on a bye.

I am hoping that Melvin Gordon sits again so that Javonte Williams can repeat his awesome performance. At RB, I've got Elijah Mitchell (if he's healthy) and then 2 of James Robinson/Barkley/Javonte Williams. At WR, with Big Mike Williams potentially out with COVID restrictions (in protocol now), I've got to choose between Elijah Moore and Tyler Lockett alongside Justin Jefferson.

I would stick with Robinson. I don't trust the Panthers RB situation with Newton at QB, and I'm not ready to write Robinson off after a week in which he was clearly banged up and missed time.
    Well, I don't know how much you've followed the Jaguars, but Robinson has been treated weirdly all year. And Meyer has had a weird year of coaching this year. They benched Robinson for more than 20 plays for fumbling. They seem to like Hyde for some reason although he is a much less talented player. Then Hyde fumbles and he goes right back in the game. Urban Meyer was asked about it and blamed the personnel decisions on his offensive coordinator and running backs coach. If Robinson is still injured and the Jaguars value him at some point they may consider shutting him down for the season.

Down to the nitty gritty time.

I've got a "win and I'm in, lose and I'm out" situation in the last regular season week in the league with my bad team (6-6-1 record). In the league with my good team (8-5), I'm in first in my division with 2 weeks left. I have the tiebreaker (points) over the two 7-6 teams, so I need one more win or a loss each by those two teams.

In my first league, I'm favored as my opponent (who is the other team in a "win and you're in" situation) has been decimated by injuries/illness (McCaffrey, Ridley, Carter, Drake, Russell Wilson). But basically I'm just starting the playoffs a week early. And am doing so with my best player (Jonathan Taylor) on a bye.

I am hoping that Melvin Gordon sits again so that Javonte Williams can repeat his awesome performance. At RB, I've got Elijah Mitchell (if he's healthy) and then 2 of James Robinson/Barkley/Javonte Williams. At WR, with Big Mike Williams potentially out with COVID restrictions (in protocol now), I've got to choose between Elijah Moore and Tyler Lockett alongside Justin Jefferson.
    How bad is your bad team if Jonathan Taylor can't even carry you to the playoffs?