Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1630
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You know what... ignore me. I am reading too much into this.

It's too easy to say, "you know what, you WERE reading way to much into it." It's fun to be the fanboy sometimes, it's a vicarious thrill, a simple pleasure that for all our erudition we shouldn't try to squelch..but yeah, that was fanboy choc-o-holic OD'ing on Chunkies.

Dariq Whitehead is shown wearing number 0... which is currently Wendell Moore's number. Is this a sign that Duke does not expect Wendell to come back next season?
    Hate to be that guy, but he's currently being projected in the 1st round (#27) by ESPN analyst Jonathan Givony, so I definitely would expect him to go pro. There's also a fair chance that if he keeps playing like this, he's going to starting climbing those rankings.

But, no point in thinking about that now. We have a whole season left to watch

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Hate to be that guy, but he's currently being projected in the 1st round (#27) by ESPN analyst Jonathan Givony, so I definitely would expect him to go pro. There's also a fair chance that if he keeps playing like this, he's going to starting climbing those rankings.

But, no point in thinking about that now. We have a whole season left to watch
    Is this possible? A player stays 3 years at Duke and game improves such that he’s drafted in the 1st round instead of washing out/hoping for Europe or G-league after a year of college? Could this be a trend?

Great potential news for Wendell.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Is this possible? A player stays 3 years at Duke and game improves such that he’s drafted in the 1st round instead of washing out/hoping for Europe or G-league after a year of college? Could this be a trend?
    Wow…so bizarre. I know it’s possible at other schools, but could anyone have imagined that some of our other players who left after one year would have improved their draft status with another year or two at Duke? Wow…if only they had known…

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Wow…so bizarre. I know it’s possible at other schools, but could anyone have imagined that some of our other players who left after one year would have improved their draft status with another year or two at Duke? Wow…if only they had known…
    Yeah, but who would want to miss out on the chance to play in front of crowds like this...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Yeah, but who would want to miss out on the chance to play in front of crowds like this...

Wow; and assume you didn’t photoshop this.

Wow; and assume you didn’t photoshop this.
    Do you recognize the player?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Do you recognize the player?
    Guess it’s DJ. Course my memory of him is short😒

Guess it’s DJ. Course my memory of him is short😒
    Yup

Who doesn't dream of someday... maybe... playing for the Stockton Kings?!?!

Who doesn't dream of someday... maybe... playing for the Stockton Kings?!?!
    I know this is sad, and we wished DJ could have stayed for another year, but do we even get Trevor Keels if DJ stays? Probably not.

And I'll go ahead and affirm that I would much prefer Trevor Keels on this squad than DJ Steward. Love them both, but I'll take keels 100 times out of 100. He's the much better defender, 10 times physically stronger, and that shooting stroke is going to come around soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I know this is sad, and we wished DJ could have stayed for another year, but do we even get Trevor Keels if DJ stays? Probably not.

And I'll go ahead and affirm that I would much prefer Trevor Keels on this squad than DJ Steward. Love them both, but I'll take keels 100 times out of 100. He's the much better defender, 10 times physically stronger, and that shooting stroke is going to come around soon.
    Agreed. Keels is the better player by far, and it's not like Steward lit it up from outside last season. (34% to 30% for Keels so far)

I believe that Dariq Whitehead's Montverde team is playing on ESPNU at 7:30pm tonight 12/2/2021.

Yes he is!

Playing Oak HIll with Caleb Foster (Junior Duke recruit).

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Last edited by DevilHorse; 12-02-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    I believe that Dariq Whitehead's Montverde team is playing on ESPNU at 7:30pm tonight 12/2/2021.

Yes he is!

Playing Oak HIll with Caleb Foster (Junior Duke recruit).

Larry
    DevilHorse
    It was a blowout victory for Montverde over Oak Hill, 86-51.

Whitehead finished with 15 points on 7-12 shooting, including 1-1 from 3 with 3 rebs, 4 ast, 0 tos, and 1 stl.

Foster had a rough game to match his team's effort. He had 6 pts on 3-11 shooting with 1 ast to 3 tos.

Looks like Mark Mitchell will be announcing his commitment tomorrow at 4p ET. What do we think?

https://twitter.com/Mark_mitchell25/...505157130?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Looks like Mark Mitchell will be announcing his commitment tomorrow at 4p ET. What do we think?

https://twitter.com/Mark_mitchell25/...505157130?s=20
    Does the reveal on CBS give us any clues ( vs ESPN, other media)?

Quote Originally Posted by FUBARDoorBuster View Post
    Does the reveal on CBS give us any clues ( vs ESPN, other media)?
    Five-star forward Mark Mitchell set to announce on CBS Sports HQ (Article from free side of 247 Sports)
    https://247sports.com/Article/Basket...iew-177812292/

There are quotes where Mitchell gives his impressions of Duke, Missouri and UCLA. Hard to read any preferences into that.

Duke was his last visit in Mid October. He's being recruited directly by Scheyer. No crystal ball predictions have been made or flipped the last several months.

The only downside for him would be if one or both of Moore or Griffin would stay for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Five-star forward Mark Mitchell set to announce on CBS Sports HQ (Article from free side of 247 Sports)
    https://247sports.com/Article/Basket...iew-177812292/

There are quotes where Mitchell gives his impressions of Duke, Missouri and UCLA. Hard to read any preferences into that.
    of course I have no idea, but since he's revealing his choice at 4pm Eastern time, maybe that's good for us since Californians are busy eating their sushi rolls at that hour...

Since there's no "Welcome" thread, I'm assuming it wasn't us

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    Since there's no "Welcome" thread, I'm assuming it wasn't us
    I think it's 4pm tomorrow.