Page 72 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3204
    Although he and the Giants won’t likely beat Tom Brady and the Bucs coming off a loss tonight in Tampa Bay, gosh do Daniel Jones and the Giants look good in the all white throwbacks or what?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Although he and the Giants won’t likely beat Tom Brady and the Bucs coming off a loss tonight in Tampa Bay, gosh do Daniel Jones and the Giants look good in the all white throwbacks or what?
    I prefer the transitional gray pants, but the all-whites with the blue lids are good too. Better than the non Bucco Bruce Tampa unis. (Although they’re better than past years with the alarm-clock numbers.

I like the uniforms, but I'm still waiting for Mark Bavaro, LT and Carl Banks to show up...

would look better if they threw the ball downfield....I hate the play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    would look better if they threw the ball downfield...I hate the play calling.
    How can they throw the ball downfield when the offensive line is a sieve? Without time for the receivers to run longer routes and for Jones to find them, the short passing game is the only reliable offense the Giants have.

That was tough to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That was tough to watch.
    I’d say the chance of the Giants moving on are getting close to 100% at this point. It’s probably a good thing for all parties involved. Jones will probably get one more shot somewhere else to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I’d say the chance of the Giants moving on are getting close to 100% at this point. It’s probably a good thing for all parties involved. Jones will probably get one more shot somewhere else to be a starting QB in the NFL.
    Yea I agree. He’s 26th in the NFL among QBs in QBR, 25th in TD passes, and 21st in yards. I’d say his leash is getting short for the NYG.

Yea I agree. He’s 26th in the NFL among QBs in QBR, 25th in TD passes, and 21st in yards. I’d say his leash is getting short for the NYG.
    only so much you can do when you have no playmakers and no line.

AFAICT people in NY don't especially think that DJ is the biggest problem on that team. Doesn't mean moving on is the wrong decision, only that the stats you provided are kind of meaningless when it pertains to DJ.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    How can they throw the ball downfield when the offensive line is a sieve? Without time for the receivers to run longer routes and for Jones to find them, the short passing game is the only reliable offense the Giants have.
    This so many times. The Giants are ineptly coached. The OL is terrible. There is simply no time to throw and when there is the play calling is conservative and predicable. If I were Jones’s agent I’d be compiling data on time to throw, pressures, hits and sacks compared to other teams. There is a reason why Jones is ranked 26th and it’s not his ability as an
    NFL starter. If you put him on the Buccaneers or Cowboys he’s be in the top 10.

For some food for thought, check out this tweet and the absolute disaster of a play all around by the Giants. https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/1463157085261254657?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I tend to agree. Daniel has the physical skills but his decision-making is suspect as the announcers alluded to last evening. That stated, I'm glad I don't have to play QB behind an offensive line that includes Will Hernandez.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    For some food for thought, check out this tweet and the absolute disaster of a play all around by the Giants. https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/st...261254657?s=20
    Management needs to call the O-Line and WR coaches into the office, sit them down, put that tape on and then say, "can you give me any reason why we should not fire you right now?"

I am sure Daniel wakes up every more and, just before he checks his phone, says a little prayer that he will see, "you've been traded" on his alerts.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    only so much you can do when you have no playmakers and no line.

AFAICT people in NY don't especially think that DJ is the biggest problem on that team. Doesn't mean moving on is the wrong decision, only that the stats you provided are kind of meaningless when it pertains to DJ.
    Saquon when healthy is elite. He was the NFL’s offensive rookie of the year in 2018. Toney is a first round wideout. Rudolph is an above average TE and two time pro bowler. Golladay is above average. I agree their line stinks but I feel like the NYG have plenty of playmakers around Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Management needs to call the O-Line and WR coaches into the office, sit them down, put that tape on and then say, "can you give me any reason why we should not fire you right now?"

I am sure Daniel wakes up every more and, just before he checks his phone, says a little prayer that he will see, "you've been traded" on his alerts.
    I'm hard pressed to even think of a good landing spot. Feels like the NFL has a lot of deficient coaching right now, and QB evaluation/development almost appears to be a lost art.

Saquon when healthy is elite. He was the NFL’s offensive rookie of the year in 2018. Toney is a first round wideout. Rudolph is an above average TE and two time pro bowler. Golladay is above average. I agree their line stinks but I feel like the NYG have plenty of playmakers around Jones.
    I think Saquon's best days are behind him. You can't be injured that much and not have it impact your long term performance, especially at RB where the wear and tear is pretty severe.

And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That was tough to watch.
    Thankfully I watched it on the DVR this morning much quicker, less painful.

One thing is for sure. Daniel Jones won’t be running plays as the QB of the NYG that Jason Garrett draws up anymore.

Garrett just got fired as the offensive coordinator of the NYG.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tt-sources-say

One thing is for sure. Daniel Jones won’t be running plays as the QB of the NYG that Jason Garrett draws up anymore.

Garrett just got fired as the offensive coordinator of the NYG.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tt-sources-say
    Should have never been hired, but tough for Judge to bring in quality assistance when nobody respects him as an HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Should have never been hired, but tough for Judge to bring in quality assistance when nobody respects him as an HC.
    If Jason Garrett had been paid by Jerry Jones as a saboteur to destroy the Giant's offense and Daniel Jones' confidence, he could not have succeeded better than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon
    But would she, though?