Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cameron Indoor Stadium Safety Protocols

Hot of the internet via email!

Dear Blue Devils fan,

Duke University has announced health and safety protocols for men’s and women’s basketball events in Cameron Indoor Stadium. The protocols will include proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of each event in Cameron, in addition to a mask requirement for all guests.
    The policy takes effect with Countdown to Craziness, set for Friday, October 15 at Cameron Indoor Stadium at 7 p.m. ET, and will remain in place for all home men’s and women’s basketball games until further notice.
    Detailed Information in regards to Duke University's protocol can be found below:

• All guests and staff are required to present proof of a COVID-19 vaccination, which shows two dates for the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines and one date for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
    • Guests and staff who are exempt from or ineligible to receive the vaccine can still attend by showing a negative COVID-19 (antigen or PCR) test result within 72 hours of the game you plan to attend.
    • For those unable to complete a test prior to game day, a testing site operated by SafeSite (testing partner of the ACC for its championship events) will be available in Blue Devil Tower on game day. The rapid antigen test is $45, and all positive antigen tests will be confirmed with a PCR test for no additional charge to guest.
    • Guests and staff may upload their vaccination card or negative test for each event at DukeCheckIn.com. (Please note, DukeCheckIn.com will function, beginning Tuesday, October 12 at 5 p.m. ET)
    • Guests and staff preferring not to submit online can verify in person at one of six (6) verification tent locations prior to entering Cameron Indoor Stadium. Staffing will also be available at these sites to assist with registering on DukeCheckIn.com for future games.
    • A confirmation from DukeCheckIn.com or a wristband from a verification tent must be displayed prior to entering the security screening area at all Cameron Indoor Stadium entrances.
    • Season-long credentialed staff who are vaccinated will be pre-verified before credential distribution and will be permitted entry/exit from the building as needed by presenting their credential at all Cameron Indoor Stadium entrances.
    • Single-game credentialed staff must be verified by DukeCheckin.com or by securing a wristband from a verification tent. Once verified, single-game credentialed staff should enter Cameron Indoor Stadium at the South Credential entrance to receive a verification sticker permitting entry/exit as needed without having to show verification again.
    • All guests and staff ages 5 and older are required to wear a mask upon entry and at all times while inside Cameron Indoor Stadium, except when actively eating or drinking.
    • Children under the age of 12 do not need to provide proof of full vaccination or a negative test result, but they must comply with all other policies, including the mask mandate set by the University.

As a reminder, Cameron Indoor Stadium’s existing Bag Policy remains in effect: small bags and personal items (less than 12” x 12” x 6”) are permitted to enter Cameron Indoor Stadium. Guests are strongly encouraged to utilize clear bags for faster entry screening. Backpacks, duffel bags, and all bag types larger than 12” x 12” x 6” are not permitted. Reasonable exceptions may be made for medical or childcare reasons. All bags will be screened prior to entering the stadium.
    As always, we thank you for your continued support of your Blue Devils!

Sincerely,

The Duke Athletics Ticket Office
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I nominate this one as the most readable.

"...required to wear a mask upon entry and at all times while inside Cameron Indoor Stadium, except when actively eating or drinking"

This is a pretty common exception, and feels to me like it completely negates the mask requirement. Just hold a coke in your hand the whole game and then go mask-free. Why do people think that covid can't be transmitted when you're holding a drink or sitting at a restaurant table?

Still, I'm glad to see that Cameron will be at the forefront of game day restrictions. These are among the most stringent I've seen for sporting events.

Another thing I'm curious about... the first bullet point states

Guests and staff who are exempt from or ineligible to receive the vaccine can still attend by showing a negative [test]...
    Does this mean that someone who chooses not to be vaccinated cannot attend period? I don't want to get into a whole discussion about vaccinnation choice, that's a whole different topic, I'm just trying to understand the policy.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Another thing I'm curious about... the first bullet point states

Does this mean that someone who chooses not to be vaccinated cannot attend period? I don't want to get into a whole discussion about vaccinnation choice, that's a whole different topic, I'm just trying to understand the policy.
    That would be outstanding if true, although I bet it is not.
    Last edited by chrishoke; 10-07-2021 at 12:42 PM.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    No, but you have to provide a negative test. If you don't bring one, bring $45 and get tested at entry.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Over/under as to when the Dukecheckin.com for uploading your card really gets up and running? They say Oct 12. I’m guessing somewhere around Oct 19, after CTC.

I’m not understanding something. Do I have to do this for each individual game or can I do it once for the entire season? Also, how do they know that the person presenting the ticket is the same person who uploaded the vaccination card?

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I’m not understanding something. Do I have to do this for each individual game or can I do it once for the entire season? Also, how do they know that the person presenting the ticket is the same person who uploaded the vaccination card?
    Can’t they just scan the microchip that’s in the vaccine? Or is that scanner only available to the guvment?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    No, but you have to provide a negative test. If you don't bring one, bring $45 and get tested at entry.
    Just wait until the first fans who paid thousands of dollars for tickets through a resale website fly to RDU, show up at Cameron, test positive, and are denied entry to the game. Can you imagine the commotion that will ensue?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Just wait until the first fans who paid thousands of dollars for tickets through a resale website fly to RDU, show up at Cameron, test positive, and are denied entry to the game. Can you imagine the commotion that will ensue?
    Actions like not getting vaccinated have consequences.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

These procedures are becoming more and more common. They are already being streamlined. I don't think the commotion or the inconvenience is a reasonable excuse to not take these precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    These procedures are becoming more and more common. They are already being streamlined. I don't think the commotion or the inconvenience is a reasonable excuse to not take these precautions.
    Don't misunderstand -- I'm an enthusiastic advocate of these restrictions. In fact, I've previously expressed my preference as a season-ticket holder that entry be limited to people who can prove that they are fully vaccinated. I expect that the "rapid test on site" option is not only going to prove unwieldy, but is likely to provoke some unwelcome and potentially violent reactions from Refuseniks. That's what I mean by suggesting that it will at some point cause a commotion.

Don't misunderstand -- I'm an enthusiastic advocate of these restrictions. In fact, I've previously expressed my preference as a season-ticket holder that entry be limited to people who can prove that they are fully vaccinated. I expect that the "rapid test on site" option is not only going to prove unwieldy, but is likely to provoke some unwelcome and potentially violent reactions from Refuseniks. That's what I mean by suggesting that it will at some point cause a commotion.
    Someone on another message board says there are several apps competing to become the gold standard for vaccination verification. In other words, there's an app that has your verified vaccine on record than can easily transmit this information (along with a photo ID of some sort I imagine) to a person at the venue to quickly and efficiently move folks along.

I'm sure there will be growing pains, but the market will create something cheap, reliable, and secure.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Well if they are smart, they'll test before they go. Time limit is 72 hours, and that's easily doable.

Side note, two of my clients are an elderly couple who two years ago paid for a Danube river cruise. This morning, per protocol, they both got tested a day before their trip. Both positive. They are crushed of course, but at least they didn't find out at the airport.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Well if they are smart, they'll test before they go. Time limit is 72 hours, and that's easily doable.

Side note, two of my clients are an elderly couple who two years ago paid for a Danube river cruise. This morning, per protocol, they both got tested a day before their trip. Both positive. They are crushed of course, but at least they didn't find out at the airport.
    Though typical results are less than that, nobody guarantees results in 72 hours without ponying up hundreds of dollars. Source: just flew internationally and had to pray I got results back in time.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Though typical results are less than that, nobody guarantees results in 72 hours without ponying up hundreds of dollars. Source: just flew internationally and had to pray I got results back in time.
    Well I'm guessing those folks Stray was referencing are flying locally, and don't have to test to get on the plane. But if they do, even better, since they'll know they are good to go for Cameron before they even get on board. Regardless of travel, they can probably find some place local to get tested for free or for a nominal charge.

PS, Duke guarantees results in 15 minutes for $45, so nobody needs to spend hundreds. Most test centers don't cost hundreds, and all guarantee with 72 hours, obviously within minutes if it is a rapid test.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Seems like Duke accepts rapid antigen tests. Those take minutes...72 hours is PLENTY of time. Your requirement was probably PCR.

Is this in compliance with HIPPA?

Quote Originally Posted by roge054 View Post
    Is this in compliance with HIPPA?
    The short answer is that it doesn't violate HIPAA
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide