Page 57 of 161 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3204
    Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    I have to give him praise for handling (like a pro) the grousing and sniping of some teammates who feel under-utilized - and made that clear, publicly.
    On the Golladay sniping, the NY Post has a good article today...as some had speculated, the camera angle blocked Garrett (offensive coordinator) who was the true target of the abuse, but Jones "took a bullet" and just said that it was no big deal, just some frustration...Garrett owes him one.

DJ with a 52 yard TD pass to John Ross - who? 7-0 over New Orleans in the 2n Q.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    DJ with a 52 yard TD pass to John Ross - who? 7-0 over New Orleans in the 2n Q.
    Yeah, that was a long bomb.

In the end they ruled that to be not a TD pass, I guess there was a fumble into the end zone? After the meaningless int on the Hail Mary at the end of the half his box score won’t look great, but I’m seeing tons of support for him in the giants Reddit lately. The people watching see tons of improvement and are focusing their ire on Judge and the play calling. If anything Danny Dimes is about the only guy they like right now.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    In the end they ruled that to be not a TD pass, I guess there was a fumble into the end zone? After the meaningless int on the Hail Mary at the end of the half his box score won’t look great, but I’m seeing tons of support for him in the giants Reddit lately. The people watching see tons of improvement and are focusing their ire on Judge and the play calling. If anything Danny Dimes is about the only guy they like right now.
    They showed that TD pass during a game break and my first thought was "that sure looked like a fumble, they were lucky he got across the line first". Guess not.

AWESOME game by Jones! Much needed W for him and his team.

402 passing yards, wow

Jones looked great down the stretch. The line seemed to be playing better, giving Jones time and opening holes for the running backs.

Thought this thread might get revived today.

Nothing but completions on the winning drive..what, six for six?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Thought this thread might get revived today.
    This football weekend needed a bright spot...Thanks DJ!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    This football weekend needed a bright spot...Thanks DJ!
    You mean like the Longhorns and the Cowboys winning again? 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    You mean like the Longhorns and the Cowboys winning again? 😉
    Cowboys are looking pretty good so far. No rust on Dak. Cream of the NFC East is t saying much but still…

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Cowboys are looking pretty good so far. No rust on Dak. Cream of the NFC East is t saying much but still…
    Lol.

Hey, after last season I’ll take it! 😊

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    402 passing yards, wow
    Outstanding !

A season saving win ...on the road in NO no less !!

For those outside the NYC area who probably don't look at the NY Post, here is a piece about DJ after yesterday's game. It goes a little overboard and this tone can change at any second. However, nice to read about him, at least after this game.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/03/giants...-comes-of-age/

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post
    For those outside the NYC area who probably don't look at the NY Post, here is a piece about DJ after yesterday's game. It goes a little overboard and this tone can change at any second. However, nice to read about him, at least after this game.

yes indeed! As you indicate, should he have a bad game next week they'll gut him like a fish. But finally the OL did its job (notice that old Dukie Matt Skura played right guard) and Ross and Golladay give them competent receivers...very impressive performance by Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post

Yeah reading it made me think of a Winston Wolf quote from Pulp Fiction about getting ahead of ourselves. But Jones played well yesterday, particularly when the chips were down, and has generally played pretty well this season. It was nice to see Toney get some play, and he looks like he might be a nice weapon going forward. The offensive line will probably be an issue all year, but Jones looks to have the best group of receivers he's had yet, and Barkley continuing to regain form will certainly make a big difference. The team's still got plenty of problems, and I think we'll see a lot of up and down, but Jones has taken some nice strides so far this year, and that's really encouraging to see.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yes indeed! As you indicate, should he have a bad game next week they'll gut him like a fish. But finally the OL did its job (notice that old Dukie Matt Skura played right guard) and Ross and Golladay give them competent receivers...very impressive performance by Daniel
    The line is still shaky but looked a better, especially later in the game. Play calling also seemed better. And I think Barkley is getting healthier by the week.

I just checked the Giants upcoming schedule - it is going to be tough:

At Dallas
    Rams at home
    Panthers at home
    At KC (Sunday night)
    Raiders at home
    Bye
    At Bucs (Sunday night)

If things get tough, hopefully the Yanks will be deep in the playoffs and distracting everyone!

Daniel gets strong support and praise from his teammates:

His teammates say the world is finally starting to see what they already believe they have with their quarterback.

"He showed them what we've been [seeing]. Hopefully you started seeing it too," Barkley said. "Ever since the day he's been drafted he's been criticized. That guy does nothing but come in and work and get better and lead every single day. He's a competitor. He showed today he's a special player.

"Man, that was a great performance by Daniel!" rookie wide receiver Kadarius Toney said after having the most productive afternoon of his young career. "Nobody in the locker room doubts him no matter what, whether he had a bad game or a good game. There is never no doubt there because we know at the end of the day our faith is the strongest belief we have."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...1st-win-season