Page 882 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 382782832872880881882883884892932982 ... LastLast
Results 17,621 to 17,640 of 22200
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    "The article entitled “Mask mandate and use efficacy for COVID-19 containment in US States” by Drs Damian D. Guerra and Daniel J. Guerra was initially reviewed and then accepted for publication without peer-review (Per our policies, we may accept and publish a few manuscripts of authors without peer-review. click here for details)."

The first researchers recent papers were on: Estrogen Regulates Local Cysteine Metabolism in Mouse Myometrium

Only one of the researchers is affiliated with UofL. The other works in private practice. It should be noted the second author is a plant biologist: PhD 1984: Biochemistry and Physiology-Plant Science, Utah State University; MS 1981Plant Biochemistry, University of Arkansas; BS 1978: Agriculture, Agronomy, University of Illinois.

My takeaway: follow the money

Okay, even better investigative skills than mine. Neither person is even qualified to perform this study. Good job, Ymo!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Friends now using Ivermectin after being diagnosed with COVID. One has such a severe case he's was rushed to the hospital with critically low blood oxygen levels. But he and his wife say they were told by others that had COVID (one had been hospitalized weeks ago) that it's a miracle cure. Makes folk better within 24 hours. Sigh...
    Ugh. Sorry to hear about your friends. Sadly, I know 2 people who passed from covid after taking ivermectin. One actually went to the ER with ivermectin poisoning. Her liver was so messed up that she couldn’t take anything for the covid until her liver enzymes were under control. I bet the ivermectin pushers skip the dangers of accidental overdose/poisoning when they encourage people to take the stuff that’s formulated for large far, animals.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I'd laugh if it weren't so tragic. And no talking them out of it either. I guess on the plus side it can't do much damage if taken in the human tablet form and they don't OD on it. At least that's what I've read. But still...
    There is one problem: you can’t take anticoagulants if you’ve taken ivermectin. Not sure how much time you have to allow for the ivermectin to clear your system before you can give anticoagulants. Recall that blood clots are a common problem with covid.

When something goes badly, for bad reasons, I tend to think of one saying:

If you’re disillusioned, that means you were illusioned in the first place .

Unfortunately, that phrase pops into my head multiple times a week, for a variety of reasons.

The international vaccine program is going badly, and it’s because rich countries are behaving selfishly and without coordination/thoughtfulness. The promises, which were thin gruel to begin with, are not being kept. Lots more information here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/21/o...ine-world.html

Inhaling Hydrogen Peroxide

Now folks are recommending that one inhale hydrogen peroxide, using a nebulizer, to treat covid-19. It's gotten so bad that an association dedicated to fighting asthma is warning against this treatment:

https://community.aafa.org/blog/dang...+Blog+Posts%29

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Now folks are recommending that one inhale hydrogen peroxide, using a nebulizer, to treat covid-19. It's gotten so bad that an association dedicated to fighting asthma is warning against this treatment:

I mean, at this point, part of me just wants to let Darwin take over.

I’m not going to like, I though a nebulizer was what they used to erase memories in Men in Black.

It's heartbreaking. Because, imagine how AMAZING it would be if hydrogen peroxide, or UV light, or bleach, or vet medicine WORKED? It would be a magical moment we could all celebrate!

But I think we are all aware that it's snake oil.

People can truly only believe this crap out of sheer desperation. Which is just really, really sad.

The Onion has obviously seized control of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    People can truly only believe this crap out of sheer desperation. Which is just really, really sad.
    Yes, it is truly sad that scientists cannot come up with, I don’t know, like a medicine or something that these people could take to avoid getting sick in the first place. Maybe even multiple ones.

And wouldn’t it also be great if — hear me out on this one — everyone could get this magic for free?

Pipe dream, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yes, it is truly sad that scientists cannot come up with, I don’t know, like a medicine or something that these people could take to avoid getting sick in the first place. Maybe even multiple ones.

And wouldn’t it also be great if — hear me out on this one — everyone could get this magic for free?

Pipe dream, I know.
    People who are anxious about vaccines are inhaling toxic chemicals to get well.

I can't even...

I can't even...
    This pandemic from The start has had sort of a reality show/game show vibe to it. (i’d suggest a reason why but it’s PPB territory ) It’s like an episode of Survival with contestants who have absolutely no survival skills or or common sense.I’m surprised people haven’t started pushing strychnine or Drano as a cure. It’s nuts.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 09-22-2021 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Look hon, those spasms tell you it’s working!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I mean, at this point, part of me just wants to let Darwin take over.
    Nothing further...

It's heartbreaking. Because, imagine how AMAZING it would be if hydrogen peroxide, or UV light, or bleach, or vet medicine WORKED? It would be a magical moment we could all celebrate!

But I think we are all aware that it's snake oil.

It's like they'll try ANYTHING so long as it isn't the one measure (easy and free) demonstrated to actually work. That's easier than admitting you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The Onion has obviously seized control of the world.
    The Onion is losing incredibility. No one believes any longer that their stories are outlandish.

Note: Never have I ever used the word, "incredibility" before. I thought I made it up, but someone beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    The Onion is losing incredibility. No one believes any longer that their stories are outlandish.
    I remember post 9/11 there was discussion about the effect on comedy. Some even declared the death irony/cynicism/satire. Clearly, that was overstated.

The last five years or so seem to have a more profound impact - at least from my perspective. How do you lampoon that which is "unlampoonable?"

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    This pandemic from The start has had sort of a reality show/game show vibe to it. (i’d suggest a reason why but it’s PPB territory ) It’s like an episode of Survival with contestants who have absolutely no survival skills or or common sense.I’m surprised people haven’t started pushing strychnine or Drano as a cure. It’s nuts.
    There’s an old question about what the first guy who milked a cow thought he was doing. Same idea applies. “I can’t breathe because of this damn covid. I wonder if eating horse paste or huffing hydrogen peroxide would help!”

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    It's like they'll try ANYTHING so long as it isn't the one measure (easy and free) demonstrated to actually work. That's easier than admitting you were wrong.
    If there is one thing the last few years should have taught us, it's that people will go to extraordinary lengths to prove they haven't been taken for a sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    If there is one thing the last few years should have taught us, it's that people will go to extraordinary lengths to prove they haven't been taken for a sucker.
    There’s so much truth to this. I know this is only anecdotal but many of the people I know who refuse to take the vaccine, and yet believe these other methods work, absolutely have a stubbornness attached to their mindset. They don’t want to admit they might’ve been wrong from the start. That is a reality. Human beings, absent humility, take some really bad turns in life.

While entertaining, it’s also sad that a video like this is needed to convince even one person.

“Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block