Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Congrats to DPJ. But some spectacularly bad play by the FSU secondary.
    You just cannot let anyone get behind you if you are the FSU secondary on that play.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Guess who caught the winning TD?

Damond Philyaw-Johnson. Try that one on for size. He couldn't get a win over FSU at Duke but he gets one at Jacksonville State!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    That play was amazing. Great work by Philyaw-Johnson, on the catch and the run, but also some appreciation for the helpful block by his teammate Edwards (#9). Another highlight of that video is the stunned FSU male cheerleader walking away, mouth agape.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    That play was amazing. Great work by Philyaw-Johnson, on the catch and the run, but also some appreciation for the helpful block by his teammate Edwards (#9). Another highlight of that video is the stunned FSU male cheerleader walking away, mouth agape.
    Absolutely horrible awareness by the FSU defense. No way should that catch have ended up in the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliottHoo View Post
    As someone who attended today’s game, my biggest takeaway is that Nebraska must be startlingly awful to have been solidly beaten by this Illini team.

Hard to tell if UVA’s passing game is legit or if Illinois’ pass-coverage is top-shelf awful. Either is possible.

Edit - two fun facts about the game:

- At one point UVA was up by 28 despite Illinois being +2 in takeaways.
    - The game had 4 turnovers, 2 by each side, which collectively resulted in 0 points.
    Yeah hard to see how Nebraska got trucked by Illinois. We will know a lot about how good UVa is Saturday night after their game at UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Yeah hard to see how Nebraska got trucked by Illinois. We will know a lot about how good UVa is Saturday night after their game at UNC.
    Will we?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Will we?
    Eh, I think so. UNC-CH is still ranked 21st right now. Even if one doesn’t think they’re that good this year, they’re still a lot better than UVa’s previous two opponents (William & Mary and Illinois). Plus it’s UVa’s first road game and a conference game, night game. I imagine UNC-CH will be fired up for this one and will have a good crowd ready to go. It likely will be a pretty imposing place to try and win a road conference game.

FWIW, the line is UVa +9 right now.

Plus it is the South’s Oldest Rivalry!

Eh, I think so. UNC-CH is still ranked 21st right now. Even if one doesn’t think they’re that good this year, they’re still a lot better than UVa’s previous two opponents (William & Mary and Illinois). Plus it’s UVa’s first road game and a conference game, night game. I imagine UNC-CH will be fired up for this one and will have a good crowd ready to go. It likely will be a pretty imposing place to try and win a road conference game.

The only reason UNC is still ranked is that they were ranked so high in the preseason that it was too far to have them drop all the way out. I'm not convinced UNC is better than Illinois at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    The only reason UNC is still ranked is that they were ranked so high in the preseason that it was too far to have them drop all the way out. I'm not convinced UNC is better than Illinois at all.
    Further evidence of how unfortunate the preseason ranking affect both the final rankings and the general perception of teams.

The Pitt Panthers took care of business at the University of Hooters (I hate that color scheme, and your orange-and-white checkerboard overalls). The transfer QB from VT almost brought them back, a late pick closed it out. I enjoy watching Kenny Pickett at QB. Might come down to Derm in November to see the game.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Eh, I do agree preseason rankings are pretty meaningless but I’ll be shocked if UNC-CH doesn’t win more games this year than Illinois. UNC-CH should be favored in to close to, if not all, of their remaining regular season games. Illinois beat Nebraska but looked terrible when they got skunked by UVa Saturday.

Eh, I do agree preseason rankings are pretty meaningless but I’ll be shocked if UNC-CH doesn’t win more games this year than Illinois. UNC-CH should be favored in to close to, if not all, of their remaining regular season games. Illinois beat Nebraska but looked terrible when they got skunked by UVa Saturday.
    Yeah, but UNC has to play Duke, so...

You're probably indifferent to the Cavaliers winning, but UVA will do what it can to ensure UNC loses and I think we can all get behind that.

Unfortunately, UVA has a *huge* Home/Road split. In ACC play over the last 3 seasons, UVA is 11-2 at home and 3-10 on the road. So, not feeling as confident as I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliottHoo View Post
    You're probably indifferent to the Cavaliers winning, but UVA will do what it can to ensure UNC loses and I think we can all get behind that.

Unfortunately, UVA has a *huge* Home/Road split. In ACC play over the last 3 seasons, UVA is 11-2 at home and 3-10 on the road. So, not feeling as confident as I'd like.
    Hey, Duke would kill for that road record in ACC play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Hey, Duke would kill for that road record in ACC play.
    Road… I’m not sure Duke is 3-10 at home over their past 13 ACC games.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Road… I’m not sure Duke is 3-10 at home over their past 13 ACC games.
    I'm so confident that we aren't, I'm not going to bother looking it up.

Duke is 4-12 in ACC home games over the past four seasons.

2020: 0-4
    2019: 2-2
    2018: 1-3
    2017: 1-3

Duke won six ACC road games during those four seasons.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Duke is 4-12 in ACC home games over the past four seasons.

2020: 0-4
    2019: 2-2
    2018: 1-3
    2017: 1-3

Duke won six ACC road games during those four seasons.
    To the specific question of whether we are 3-10 in our last 13, we are actually 4-9 in our last 13, because our one win in 2017 (over Georgia Tech) happened to be the last home game of the season. Unfortunately that obviously means we lost the first three home conference games that year.

2019 - Georgia Tech
    2019 - Miami
    2018 - UNC
    2017 - Georgia Tech

To the specific question of whether we are 3-10 in our last 13, we are actually 4-9 in our last 13, because our one win in 2017 (over Georgia Tech) happened to be the last home game of the season. Unfortunately that obviously means we lost the first three home conference games that year.

2019 - Georgia Tech
    2019 - Miami
    2018 - UNC
    2017 - Georgia Tech
    Ummm.. yay?