Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Crabtree smacks a 2 run homer to make it 6-2.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Crabtree smacks a 2 run homer to make it 6-2.
    What hole is he on?😀😀

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    What hole is he on?😀😀
    Watching baseball, following golf on the computer and posting on DBR seems to have got the best of me.
    Bob Green

Watching baseball, following golf on the computer and posting on DBR seems to have got the best of me.
    Two out of three ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Mina Harigae (+2, T-18), Yu Liu (+4, T-36) and Celine Boutier (+4, T-36) made the cut at the US Women's Open in San Francisco. It is being played at the Olympic Club's Lake Course.

Missing the cut were Gina Kim (a), current Duke player, and Brittany Lang -- and perhaps some others I overlooked.
    The Olympic Club is an amazing venue. Love watching the LPGA US Open.

Streelman navigates the back nine in -1. Birdies on 11, 13 and 14 but a double bogey on 16 when he hit his tee shot in the water. On to the front nine...
    Bob Green

Streelman navigates the back nine in -1. Birdies on 11, 13 and 14 but a double bogey on 16 when he hit his tee shot in the water. On to the front nine...
    Streels was hot early but limped home at +1. The course is playing tough today, and he is improving his position relative to the field (T-39). Adam had a strong second nine, finishing at -1, currently T-23.

At the US Women's Open, Celine Boutier is making a move -- at -2 after 12, she is T-16. Mina Harigae and Yu Liu are having problems and dropping back.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Leader is O-U-T with COVID Positive Test

Jon Rahm, #2 in the world, is out of the Memorial tournament after a positive COVID test. He was IDed through contact tracing of someone close to him. He had a six or seven shot lead when he dropped out.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I'm not a fan of Rahm ... but that has got to be heartbreaking for him, after shooting a 30 on the back side to take a 6 stroke lead and then immediately have to withdraw. (Snide comment removed, no necessary correlation between presence of virus and lack of vaccination).
    Last edited by 75Crazie; 06-05-2021 at 08:59 PM.

Round 4 tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 10:10
    Adam Long, 11:30

Disappointing news on Jon Rahm testing positive for COVID 19. I am surprised he was told on the course immediately after finishing. It would have been appropriate to break the news away from TV cameras.
    Bob Green

Streelman shot -4 (68) today to finish -3 for the tournament. He is currently T14.
    Bob Green

Streelman shot -4 (68) today to finish -3 for the tournament. He is currently T14.
    And he went from making about $44,000 to about $170,000. And he is projected to move up about five spots in the FedEx. Get ready, Kevin, mama is looking forward to seeing you come in that door tonight.

Adam finished T26, Kevin T13. In Raleigh Max Greyserman shot 66,71,66,69 and was T23. He is 33 on The 25. Brinson Paolini was a Monday qualifier but missed the cut by a stroke. Don't know what happened to Ryan Blaum as he withdrew on the 14th hole Friday.

Golf Channel was running a special on the 2008 US Open at Torrey this AM. I didn’t realize that tour rookie Streelman was actually tied for the lead after the first round. Ultimately his play Friday and Saturday doomed him to a T53 finish but maybe he can recapture that day one magic in a few weeks.

Streelman improved his OWGR ranking five spots to 53 and also moved up to 53 in the FEDEX Cup standings.
    Bob Green

The tour stop this week is at Congaree, S.C. (about 30 min. north of Savannah) which replaces the RBC Canadian Open for this year only. Ryan Blaum and Wes Roach are in the field.

Streelman improved his OWGR ranking five spots to 53 and also moved up to 53 in the FEDEX Cup standings.
    Being top 50 in the OWGR is a key qualifier for some majors and other hard-to-get-into tournaments, I believe. It would be good for Streels to move up there and take the worry about qualifying off his plate.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Out of the blue, Wes Roach leading this week’s tour event in nowhere SC off I-95. Wes shot -7 and one ahead of several including Dustin Johnson. He needs a top 10 badly.

Wes has been due for a strong tournament. Hope this is it.

And, Leona Maguire currently leading LPGA event in California by 3. She shot a 65.