Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    What was the show in the late '70s/early '80s that was a monkey going to congress? A riff off of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington? (Can't remember the title enough to search on IMDB.) Another wonderful show, I believe, from the NBC mind of Fred Silverman (speaking of Supertrain!)
    Answering my own question, the forgetful series was called, simply enough, Mr. Smith. “Starred” the orangutan that was in Clint Eastwood’s Every Which Way But Loose.

While searching, I found out the J. Fred Muggs, of the original Today show, is still alive. He’s 69.

Answering my own question, the forgetful series was called, simply enough, Mr. Smith. “Starred” the orangutan that was in Clint Eastwood’s Every Which Way But Loose.

While searching, I found out the J. Fred Muggs, of the original Today show, is still alive. He’s 69.
    I think we have viewmasters of him.

The sequel, Any Which Way You Can, for those who have not seen it, IMO, is a far better, funnier, more enjoyable movie than the first. Please give it a spin, if you like silly, mindless, B movies.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.