Page 2044 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 104415441944199420342042204320442045204620542094214425443044 ... LastLast
Results 40,861 to 40,880 of 67372
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    now it's 94...beer and lamb burgers loom
    Hotter than Boston! (By a lot.)

87 in The Old North State.

Sigh. That's it. That's the post.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The Vermonters probably got a good laugh out of that one.
    My dorm group had a vermonster from Ben and Jerry’s in Durham one of my first nights at Duke.

This weekend I will endeavor to learn to use a router table. Want to rip shiplap flooring for shed.

My in-laws are definitely separatists.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    This weekend I will endeavor to learn to use a router table. Want to rip shiplap flooring for shed.
    I am envious!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am envious!
    I expect YouTube to be my friend. Need to get the floor down, so I can put all our "stuff" in there.

I just bought shares today in a company that makes routers.

51Fk9J10tFL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I know, I know, different router.

I expect YouTube to be my friend. Need to get the floor down, so I can put all our "stuff" in there.
    We are having the floors done this summer...while we are on vacation. The tool I am most skilled at operating is a checkbook.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    My in-laws are definitely separatists.
    You can tell them that my weekly highlight at PMQs is Ian Blackford. Oh, and that I’m working the independence angle for the good island of Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    We are having the floors done this summer...while we are on vacation. The tool I am most skilled at operating is a checkbook.
    Any job worth doing is worth paying someone else to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I live by that and "Never put off until tomorrow that which you can put off until the day after tomorrow".

Time to make the donuts, ummm, I mean Pop Tarts.

Still interviewing for my replacement. My coworkers all agree on the same person...and I have my reservations. Which means we will definitely hire him. I made them mad when I suggested that they all have the tendency to like people who are like them but that we need some fresh ideas and we need to make an outside the box hire because we tend towards ideological purity. This was NOT well received.

My dorm group had a vermonster from Ben and Jerry’s in Durham one of my first nights at Duke.
    Do they still have Little Vermont over near or on 9th St? There used to be a Ben and Jerry's and a Brueggers, maybe even a Green Mtn Coffee spot?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Do they still have Little Vermont over near or on 9th St? There used to be a Ben and Jerry's and a Brueggers, maybe even a Green Mtn Coffee spot?
    Nope, they closed it and put in a Supercuts, or something. The landlord would not renew B&J's lease. Still don't understand that one. Loved free cone day!

Bruegger's is still there, but not what it used to be. Just not as good, IMO. The coffee place changes hands, and the old Francesca's spot is going to be a Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    This is such an important lesson in life. Understanding what you can/should do and when you should pay for someone to do something.

I wish there were more things I liked and had the inclination to do but handiness isn’t my jam. I do like to cook and do garden work but house systems, fuggetaboutit.

I’ve also discovered I enjoy dad stuff and go splitsy on all the baby duties, which my wife appreciates to no end. She comes from an old school Scottish family and dad has never changed a diaper, done laundry, cooked a meal, etc in his life.

A great poet of our time once wrote:

It's Friday, Friday
    Gotta get down on Friday
    Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
    Friday, Friday
    Gettin' down on Friday
    Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin')
    We-we-we so excited
    We so excited
    We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes after wards
    I don't want this weekend to end

This is such an important lesson in life. Understanding what you can/should do and when you should pay for someone to do something.

I wish there were more things I liked and had the inclination to do but handiness isn’t my jam. I do like to cook and do garden work but house systems, fuggetaboutit.

I’ve also discovered I enjoy dad stuff and go splitsy on all the baby duties, which my wife appreciates to no end. She comes from an old school Scottish family and dad has never changed a diaper, done laundry, cooked a meal, etc in his life.
    I have known several older men who lost their wives or their wives were no longer able to do for them as they had, and they were totally clueless. Did not know how to heat a can of soup, use the microwave, make a sandwich. Sad.