Page 2035 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 103515351935198520252033203420352036203720452085213525353035 ... LastLast
Results 40,681 to 40,700 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    For me, the definition of who gets to be considered my friend or family has shifted.
    It's always fun when you are visiting family and an argument over nothing erupts.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It's always fun when you are visiting family and an argument over nothing erupts.
    You and I have different definitions of the word fun.

We could argue about though, that might be fun.

If there is an extinction level meteor coming and getting to a secret military underground bunker is the only hope of survival for you and your family and you actually get the there despite all odds, then your wife will forgive your infidelity. But that is the only pathway to reconciliation.

Pretty sure I nailed the moral of that story.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    If there is an extinction level meteor coming and getting to a secret military underground bunker is the only hope of survival for you and your family and you actually get the there despite all odds, then your wife will forgive your infidelity. But that is the only pathway to reconciliation.

Pretty sure I nailed the moral of that story.
    I believe this is the plot to "The Greatest Story Ever Hula'd".

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I believe this is the plot to "The Greatest Story Ever Hula'd".
    Is Gerard Butler in that, too?

Is Gerard Butler in that, too?
    Troy McClure.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Right, that’s why “family” for me moving forward is chosen. In my case, it’ll be roughly a 50/50 breakdown of people I’m actually related to and then friends whom I trust and love that deeply. But not all “family” are relatives for me anymore, and not all relatives are family.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Right, that’s why “family” for me moving forward is chosen. In my case, it’ll be roughly a 50/50 breakdown of people I’m actually related to and then friends whom I trust and love that deeply. But not all “family” are relatives for me anymore, and not all relatives are family.
    Yup.

5E86B8A3-8135-4155-9F08-EBEAC180531E.jpg

On Friday our son graduated from VaTech. A great day and accomplishment for a fine young man.

Yesterday, I shaved my beard(!), clambered into my uniform for the first time in 10+ years, and commissioned him a 2ndLt in the USMC. The uniform was a "dad prank" - as only my bride knew of my intention. The rest of the family was totally unprepared - and the prankster in me was appropriately rewarded.

My sincere worries that I'd be making his day about me proved unfounded. And our family has photos that could never have been achieved in any other way.

..headed out for a 50 minute jog and to see if the Virginia sunshine can dry my wet cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    On Friday our son graduated from VaTech. A great day and accomplishment for a fine young man.

Yesterday, I shaved my beard(!), clambered into my uniform for the first time in 10+ years, and commissioned him a 2ndLt in the USMC. The uniform was a "dad prank" - as only my bride knew of my intention. The rest of the family was totally unprepared - and the prankster in me was appropriately rewarded.

My sincere worries that I'd be making his day about me proved unfounded. And our family has photos that could never have been achieved in any other way.

..headed out for a 50 minute jog and to see if the Virginia sunshine can dry my wet cheeks.
    Fantastic and congratulations!!!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Great story - and congratulations!

Congrats and thank you both for your service!

I do not recommend DIY expressing your dog’s glands.

I do not recommend DIY expressing your dog’s glands.
    You support their right to self expression?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You support their right to self expression?
    Dogs don’t have thumbs, CD. At least not in 2021.

Good news! I've got gas!

Dogs don’t have thumbs, CD. At least not in 2021.
    Do you know if that's the problem or if they just don't do it themselves because you do it for them and they never have to take responsibility? I'm not a dog owner, so I don't know the answer to this. I'm just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Good news! I've got gas!
    Not ideal for your camping trip with Angelina!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Good news! I've got gas!
    Congratulations! I saw that in the other thread.

Not ideal for your camping trip with Angelina!
    Wait. So I make the obvious gas joke about one of your posts and you demure, but then you take the same opportunity and we are supposed to celebrate this?