Page 2099 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 10991599199920492089209720982099210021012109 ... LastLast
Results 41,961 to 41,980 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    4th tasting was and third experimental IPA was also with Citra and Mosaic. Dry hopped. Stone fruit.

All three were fresh and drinkable, no hint of the 7.9 abv. Very slight differences.

Topped off the evening with a Bourbon Cru on draft. Margherita Pizza for me, Mushroom for wife. Fun night, excellent beer. They promised more tastings for members from this site.
    Interesting to see the same hops combo yet still imagining different tastes based on amount of hops and how incorporated (dry, double dry, powder, pellets, etc).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

4th tasting was and third experimental IPA was also with Citra and Mosaic. Dry hopped. Stone fruit.

All three were fresh and drinkable, no hint of the 7.9 abv. Very slight differences.

Topped off the evening with a Bourbon Cru on draft. Margherita Pizza for me, Mushroom for wife. Fun night, excellent beer. They promised more tastings for members from this site.
    Food, too? Next thing you know, you'll be mentioning what the weather was.

From earlier -

Imperial Chickow! - BBA
    Listermann Brewing Company

Style: Brown Ale - aged in bourbon barrels with hazelnuts - 16.3% abv

That’s right, someone put beer in my bourbon.

“Another Chickow in the books from Listermann. This was a bourbon barrel aged variant and it is a very intense experience at 16.3%. This is a perfect 3 to 4 oz. pour; you can't have too much in one sitting. It is very sweet with big hits of caramel and brown sugar.”

I sipped all 12oz. over 3-4 hours. Lots of reviews go on about how the abv is hidden, it’s not hidden here. It is up front and boozy. I like that it is a brown ale, not as strong as a stout but more than an ale. Well done. Do get the nuttiness and sweetness from the hazelnuts. Not for the faint of heart, strong but excellent cat3. Gift from sister in Columbus via Kenny’s Market - out of Cincinnati.
    Great find by your sister in Columbus! Sadly, our son has never mentioned this one to me and semi-scoffed at Cincinnati breweries.

Dogfish Head 120-Minute Imperial IPA

A dd acquisition (thanks!) that was laying down for some months. Less five-alarm fire. More “Belgian trippel with a bite.” Poured a muddy light’ish brown this time. Aging has definitely mellowed it. I got quite a bit of caramel in this. Less bitterness. More drinkable, but still clear it’s high gravity. A world-class beer that’s worth hunting.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post

A dd acquisition (thanks!) that was laying down for some months. Less five-alarm fire. More “Belgian trippel with a bite.” Poured a muddy light’ish brown this time. Aging has definitely mellowed it. I got quite a bit of caramel in this. Less bitterness. More drinkable, but still clear it’s high gravity. A world-class beer that’s worth hunting.
    I have a few that I forgot about until you posted this, they’ve probably been in the cabinet for about 3 years. I’m afraid to try ‘em . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I have a few that I forgot about until you posted this, they’ve probably been in the cabinet for about 3 years. I’m afraid to try ‘em . . . .
    Don’t be. And, if you really are, I’ll take them off your hands.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I assume you finished it all in one sitting? That's one b-i-g beer for a mid-week sipper .

If you're that afraid, bring 'em up for a tailgate and I'll be delighted to take off your hands .

It you do decide to drink one, set it upright for a day or two, chill it for 15-30 minutes and decant slowly and very gently into a snifter and leave the last 3-5 ml in the bottle as it won't make for a pretty pour with all the sediment that'll be present.

Forgot to say, "You're most welcome!"

Don’t be. And, if you really are, I’ll take them off your hands.
    I see Mr. Nimble Fingers beat me to the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If you're that afraid, bring 'em up for a tailgate and I'll be delighted to take off your hands .

It you do decide to drink one, set it upright for a day or two, chill it for 15-30 minutes and decant slowly and very gently into a snifter and leave the last 3-5 ml in the bottle as it won't make for a pretty pour with all the sediment that'll be present.
    Thanks for the info. I’ve had this beer a few times and always feel it is more of a novelty than a beer I really want to drink. But have never had an aged one so perhaps that will change my mind.

{goes to check storage fridge to check date on bottle}

Thanks for the info. I’ve had this beer a few times and always feel it is more of a novelty than a beer I really want to drink. But have never had an aged one so perhaps that will change my mind.
    Both perspectives are reasonable: some folks think it's fabulous, especially after laying it down for several years and others think it's waaaay too "hot" at about 18% ABV, even after 3-5 years of cellaring.

Maybe the bourbon analogy would be Angel's Envy neat or with a drop or two of water.

Or would that be anagram?

Or acronym?

{goes to check storage fridge to check date on bottle}
    I just checked, did not see a printed date on my label.

Although the label says you can age for a decade so I’m in that window.

The printed date for that beer is almost always on the neck of the bottle and not on the label.

I have a single from 2015 and about a dozen from 2017 and I'm pretty sure TW has the 2017 version.

I have a single from 2015 and about a dozen from 2017 and I'm pretty sure TW has the 2017 version.
    Thanks. Mine are 2017’s.

Thanks. Mine are 2017’s.
    One for this week, one for next year and one for tailgate and I'll bring my 2015 bottle. Deal?

I know I can trust you for a trader unlike another poster.