Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, we definitely have a lot of bodies, a lot of guys who played a lot last year (e.g. Manown and Quigley. But I have no idea if Danowski will try to reformulate things...
    On a side note, I am happy to see that Reilly Walsh worked his way back onto the second midfield unit. Coach D has commented several times in post game interviews that the seniors and post grad students who have not seen the same amount of playing time this year have made other contributions.

Chronicle article on loss to CHeats

Chronicle has a similar take to many of the posts here. We still should be a lock for a top 4 seed, but not sure we will have any easy games.

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...caa-tournament

Duke was #2 in this week's RPI. I'm having a hard time seeing us less than 3. That assumes MD is #2, which is not a given. Hop and MD rematch in the Big 10 tournament finals. I'm not sure what you would do with a 5-8 Hopkins team that earns the AQ.

Syracus star Chase Scanlan, previously suspended, was arrested today for criminal mischief and harassment.

Syracus star Chase Scanlan, previously suspended, was arrested today for criminal mischief and harassment.
    Per a Syracuse web site:

Syracuse lacrosse player Chase Scanlan was arrested and charged with criminal mischief on Friday, according to the Onondaga County’s inmate database. He is accused of a physical altercation with a female and breaking her phone, according to the District Attorney via Syracuse.com. Scanlan is scheduled to be arraigned Friday afternoon but will be released without bail per state law (bail cannot be set on misdemeanors). Also according to Syracuse.com, the broken phone is the crux of the charge as “the physical altercation did not result in any legally defined injuries, so is charged as a harassment, a violation akin to a traffic ticket.”
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Per a Syracuse web site:
    Is this what he was originally suspended for or is this in addition to that?

High Point wins the SoCon title, 11-8 over Richmond.

In the Patriot semis, Lehigh is being given a surprisingly hard time by Colgate.

Lehigh’s defense takes over after halftime. 13-9 is your final.

Army and Loyola face off at 7:00 p.m. Eastern on CBSSN.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Is this what he was originally suspended for or is this in addition to that?
    Re: Chase Scanlan -- I have no knowledge of the incidents or the case, but one would have to believe there was more to it than breaking the GF's mobile phone. Perhaps that's just a place holder for charges while the investigation continues. The damage shown in prior posts may also trigger University punishment but not criminal charges.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Today is arguably the most fun day of the season, as six AQs get handed out.

In the America East, budwom’s hometown team, UVM, faces Albany.

The Big Least final features Denver and Georgetown.

In the Big Integer, it is, quite surprisingly, Murlund and Hop. Scarlet Knights turned into the Black Knight, and it is not just a flesh wound.

Top seed Delaware bought it in the semis, so the Colonial final pits Hofstra and Drexel.

In The MAAC, it’s Manhattan (for my money, the surprise team of the year) against Monmouth.

Finally, we get to root for Coach Pressler in the NEC final, as Bryant faces St. Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Re: Chase Scanlan -- I have no knowledge of the incidents or the case, but one would have to believe there was more to it than breaking the GF's mobile phone. Perhaps that's just a place holder for charges while the investigation continues. The damage shown in prior posts may also trigger University punishment but not criminal charges.
    This is very very true...in fact the team made it clear that IF Scanlan were reinstated, they would walk off the field, so obviously something far more serious happened...

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Today is arguably the most fun day of the season, as six AQs get handed out.

In the America East, budwom’s hometown team, UVM, faces Albany.

The Big Least final features Denver and Georgetown.

In the Big Integer, it is, quite surprisingly, Murlund and Hop. Scarlet Knights turned into the Black Knight, and it is not just a flesh wound.

Top seed Delaware bought it in the semis, so the Colonial final pits Hofstra and Drexel.

In The MAAC, it’s Manhattan (for my money, the surprise team of the year) against Monmouth.

Finally, we get to root for Coach Pressler in the NEC final, as Bryant faces St. Joseph.
    yessir, Catamounts vs. Albanians on ESPNU at 10 a.m...the Cats may not win, but they're not to be taken lightly, they have a really good team this year.

yessir, Catamounts vs. Albanians on ESPNU at 10 a.m...the Cats may not win, but they're not to be taken lightly, they have a really good team this year.
    If you were looking for another reason to root for Vermont, their coach Chris Feifs is a Durham native and his brother is a fellow Duke ‘99 grad.

Ignore the fact that Chris played at Maryland and was an assistant at UNC.

https://uvmathletics.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster/coaches/chris-feifs/2580

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    If you were looking for another reason to root for Vermont, their coach Chris Feifs is a Durham native and his brother is a fellow Duke ‘99 grad.

Ignore the fact that Chris played at Maryland and was an assistant at UNC.

https://uvmathletics.com/sports/mens...ris-feifs/2580
    hey, good info, I did not know that...Vermont lax doesn't get as much publicity here as they deserve, they've been in and out of various top 20s most of the year...

hey, good info, I did not know that...Vermont lax doesn't get as much publicity here as they deserve, they've been in and out of various top 20s most of the year...
    Well, at least one of us will be rooting for the Great Danes. Woof!

Coach Marr dismissed Tehoka Nanticoke, Albany's best player earlier this year. That says something for integrity. We can all stand behind that.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Albany Undergrad
    Duke Overgrad
    Uncle to Vermont Undergrad/Albany Overgrad
    Related to many Albany Grads.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Well, at least one of us will be rooting for the Great Danes. Woof!

Coach Marr dismissed Tehoka Nanticoke, Albany's best player earlier this year. That says something for integrity. We can all stand behind that.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Albany Undergrad
    Duke Overgrad
    Uncle to Vermont Undergrad/Albany Overgrad
    Related to many Albany Grads.
    Tip of the Hat to UVM. Made very few mistakes. Face-off guy was awesome.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Tip of the Hat to UVM. Made very few mistakes. Face-off guy was awesome.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    First-ever NCAA berth for the Catamounts, Duke’s likely first-round opponent.

I"m happy for the Cats..very tough for them to get to the NCAAs with all the vicious dogs in the conference, Albany Great Danes and Merlin-Ballmer County Retrievers, both have very strong programs...

I know comparative scores are a dangerous tool, but Albany played Syracuse reasonably tough (lost 13-8) so the America East has to be taken reasonably seriously.

We may be on the verge of finding out just how sick the selection committee’s sense of humor is. Bryant has a five-goal lead on St. Joe’s in the fourth quarter.

Congratulations to Coach Pressler and the Bryant Bulldogs! Winners over St. Joseph - 16 to 10.