Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

What is your fast food "go to"

im a pretty frugal guy. I just so happen to also be broke. I usually stick to mcdonalds value menu and use the $2 coupon off any $10 order from the mobile app and rack up mcchickens and hamburgers. If I am feeling really indulgent I might get a crunch wrap from Taco Bell or a few sandwiches from chick fil a. What's yours?

Biggie Bag from Wendy’s.

And Arby’s if I’m ever where there is one.

Spicy chicken sandwich from Popeyes. Yum.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Yep. This.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

There is a chance that this will be seen as a cry for help. I eat two meals a day but they are huge meals. On the road for work my go-to meals are 4 double cheeseburgers with no bun from McDonald's, 3 baconators with no bun from Wendy's, burrito bowls with no rice from either Chipotle, Moe's or Qdoba. If I really have a hankering for them I will do 30 nuggets from Chick-fil-A.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Biggie Bag from Wendy’s.

And Arby’s if I’m ever where there is one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Yep. This.
    Yes to the Popeyes chicken sandwich. And yes to Arby's - hate their TV ads but they have the best assortment of sandwiches and they are really good. The "Beef and Cheddar" is my go to, their various turkey clubs and their Reuben are very good. And we routinely get coupons in the mail that the local store honors but doesn't "take the coupon" so I can reuse it! 2 Beef and Cheddars for $5, better than their normal 2 for $6. And I've always loved their Jamocha shakes! And for an afternoon snack, their sliders are $1 each from 2 - 5 pm. All good!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    And for an afternoon snack, their sliders are $1 each from 2 - 5 pm. All good!
    Wow did not know this I will definitely be trying that. That is a great deal

Gotta go with the Redhead

I enjoy the 4 for $4 from Wendy's with a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger. You get a little variety and it's pretty filling!

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    I enjoy the 4 for $4 from Wendy's with a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger. You get a little variety and it's pretty filling!
    If you’re in certain states, the Cookout Tray is a fantastic deal along these same lines. I used to get a cheeseburger with sides of chicken nuggets and a corn dog (yes, seriously) with a milkshake at the location on Hillsborough Road for like 5 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    If you’re in certain states, the Cookout Tray is a fantastic deal along these same lines. I used to get a cheeseburger with sides of chicken nuggets and a corn dog (yes, seriously) with a milkshake at the location on Hillsborough Road for like 5 bucks.
    Yeah, since we discovered Cookout, we have no more use for McDonald's. The burgers are so much better, and the chicken strips are actually decent quality. The fries are not McD's, but they aren't terrible, either, and you can always get hushpuppies, instead. And, of course, the milkshakes are awesome.

Two slices of pizza in NYC or surrounding suburbs.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Big Mac meal at McDonald's or 3 crunchy tacos and a bean burrito(no red sauce) from Taco Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by PSurprise View Post
    I agree with this though I go for the chicken sandwich. But this is a pretty incredible combo from a value perspective. Worst case you can top it off with 4 more nuggets for about $1.

I am a big Arby's fan. There aren't many near me so my family has learned to humor me and that is often where we stop on road trips.

McDonald's often has random specials that are good deals. Unless you really like french fries, don't get the combo meals. Drinks at McDonald's are $1 so you can more easily deconstruct the combo and leave out the overpriced fries.

I live in New York City so my go-to fast food is often two slices of cheese pizza from a random pizza-by-the-slice place.

Moe's burritos used to have a really good deal on Mondays where I think it was $7 and that includes chips. The ones near me closed with the pandemic so I haven't been in a while.

Get apps for places you go to. Some are better than others but if you occasionally spend money, they will periodically throw something at you to come back. Worst case you get something on your birthday.

Yes, I like fast food and I am cheap, so you have hit my area of expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Yeah, since we discovered Cookout, we have no more use for McDonald's. The burgers are so much better, and the chicken strips are actually decent quality. The fries are not McD's, but they aren't terrible, either, and you can always get hushpuppies, instead. And, of course, the milkshakes are awesome.
    Cookout for the milkshakes and hushpuppies.

Chick-fil-A for the chicken. Popeye's has disappointed me too many times (both times I have gone there), so sticking with CFA.

I love Steak N Shake's burgers and shakes, but so many of them have closed it's hard to find one.

Wendy’s for me. A single and large chili. Fries if I’m really hungry.
    Bob Green

Shackburger, Fries, Vanilla Shake. Add a Chicken Shack if hungry.

This has been the #1 "bad habit" I've picked up during COVID. Since haven't been able to go out to eat or bring the kids anywhere really, going through the "drive through" is the indulgence/special treat. Have definitely increased fast food consumption considerably. McDonald's, Chick Fil A, Portillo's are the go to's...occasionally, Culver's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    This has been the #1 "bad habit" I've picked up during COVID. Since haven't been able to go out to eat or bring the kids anywhere really, going through the "drive through" is the indulgence/special treat. Have definitely increased fast food consumption considerably. McDonald's, Chick Fil A, Portillo's are the go to's...occasionally, Culver's.
    YES! I kept telling my wife we needed to stop but she made a good point in that this was our only “outing” of the week really. We had to do something and fast food was an easy way to get out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Maaaaan, I wish we had Portillo’s down here. We do have a very good local Chicago dogs & Italian beef joint near my house, but they don’t have those amazing chocolate cake milkshakes and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Maaaaan, I wish we had Portillo’s down here. We do have a very good local Chicago dogs & Italian beef joint near my house, but they don’t have those amazing chocolate cake milkshakes and stuff.
    Yep, those are GOOD!! But do NOT look at the calorie count! But a dipped BIG Italian Beef with all the toppings is fantastic. Combine that with crinkle cut fries and a milkshake and you've got a winner. I often get the chopped salad as a second meal too.

Portillo's has expanded somewhat to other states (AZ, FL, CA) beyond its Midwest origins, but is definitely not ubiquitous yet. On the other hand, I would love to have Cookout nearby. I think the places taste more delicious when they become harder to get / you don't get it very often because it seems more special.