Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilStop View Post
    Front court is looking really good.

Mark Williams / Theo John

Paolo Banchero / Henry Coleman

Very physical group.

Hoping that front court is set in stone.

Wrote about the addition of Theo John, which I think will prove to be a valuable addition:

https://www.bluedevilstop.com/former...sfers-to-duke/

Brings experience, toughness, and rim protection to the team. Think he will a valuable backup center.

I like this dude's hair... fashionable, but tight back on his head so it is clear he is all business.

I hope he keeps his beard trim like in the full body pic, as opposed to the face pic.

Excited to have a Marquette ex-pat on the squad.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Hoping that front court is set in stone.
    Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    More great news.

Now let's focus exclusively on backcourt depth.
    One more ball handler and this team is ready to go. Seems like it is just a matter of time before Blakes commits. Would love a transfer guard as well, but not sure how realistic that is.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I'm assuming Henry is cool with this and it should help his development.
    Why would you assume that?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    The crazy thing is how much he's remade his body in college. He was a skinny, 6'8", 210lb kid coming out of high school. Now? He is absolutely chiseled and massive, at 6'9", 255lb. A BIG, strong dude.
    I dunno. In that mixtape video, he didn't look that skinny. Was pretty strong then, too. I mean, not THIS strong, but still...

8797089.jpg

He's going to be 23 when the season starts. I'm a big fan of getting some older guys on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    He's going to be 23 when the season starts. I'm a big fan of getting some older guys on the roster.
    Underrated point. Sporkz!

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Why would you assume that?
    As I've said repeatedly in my responses to everyone's hyperventilating about Henry, I don't think Coach K just called Henry up and said "hey Henry, guess what, we're bringing in a guy who is kind of similar to you. Deal with it." The needs of the team and the program are greater than what Henry wants, and if Henry was asked and said "don't do it" that doesn't mean they wouldn't do it. But he seems like a smart guy with a positive attitude who knew from day one that he was in this for the long haul. So perhaps I am wrong and Henry isn't OK with it.

Contrary to your assertations otherwise, the team needed more bodies to be able to run practice, be prepared for injuries, etc. So Henry had to know this was a possibility. And having a guy come in for one year is a better end game for him than if Duke had somehow found a sophomore or junior transfer.

So, long story short, perhaps I overstated it by saying that Henry is likely OK with it, but I felt that something needed to be said in light of all of the handwringing about the impact of this on Henry. And if Henry announces tomorrow that he is transferring, I will admit I was wrong.

Can we now return to being happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Really like the physical maturity and hope he brings mental toughness that experience fosters. He's 6-9 but with a 7-4 wingspan. Our frontcourt has size and beef.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Really like the physical maturity and hope he brings mental toughness that experience fosters. He's 6-9 but with a 7-4 wingspan. Our frontcourt has size and beef.
    Mmmmm...beef

I'm sure we all remember how many times this past season we heard K begin a post-game presser following a loss with some variation of "they pushed us back" or some such.

This does not look like a guy who gets pushed back.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The former Marquette C/F has announced via twitter that he will play his final year at Duke. Welcome!

Theo wore #4 at Marquette.

Pictured here wearing Wojo's old number.

Duke MBB Twitter having some fun

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1...620213250?s=20

They posted "Or 2?" sounds like Blakes could be next...

Kind of looks like Joakim Noah. What a great pickup, he'll push Williams in practice which will be huge, and provides a capable guy off the bench so that when Williams is off the floor we won't have to play Banchero or Coleman at the 5. I didn't think a guy of this caliber would be willing to transfer in given our current roster, so kudos to the staff for landing him.

Nice! Boozer-esque.

As I've said repeatedly in my responses to everyone's hyperventilating about Henry, I don't think Coach K just called Henry up and said "hey Henry, guess what, we're bringing in a guy who is kind of similar to you. Deal with it." The needs of the team and the program are greater than what Henry wants, and if Henry was asked and said "don't do it" that doesn't mean they wouldn't do it. But he seems like a smart guy with a positive attitude who knew from day one that he was in this for the long haul. So perhaps I am wrong and Henry isn't OK with it.

Contrary to your assertations otherwise, the team needed more bodies to be able to run practice, be prepared for injuries, etc. So Henry had to know this was a possibility. And having a guy come in for one year is a better end game for him than if Duke had somehow found a sophomore or junior transfer.

So, long story short, perhaps I overstated it by saying that Henry is likely OK with it, but I felt that something needed to be said in light of all of the handwringing about the impact of this on Henry. And if Henry announces tomorrow that he is transferring, I will admit I was wrong.

Can we now return to being happy?
    yes, as long as basketball big men have feet, I don't worry about having too many big men. Not in the least.

If Coach K can bring in MBIII and deal with Wendell Carter's mom, he should have no issue bringing in Theo John and smoothing out any issues with Henry Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    If Coach K can bring in MBIII and deal with Wendell Carter's mom, he should have no issue bringing in Theo John and smoothing out any issues with Henry Coleman.
    I'm not convinced that Henry is really that much of a "big man." Solidly built, but a land based 6-7...