Page 2055 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 105515551955200520452053205420552056205720652105 ... LastLast
Results 41,081 to 41,100 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Gizmo Brewing Raleigh North Carolina IPA. Very tasty and very drinkable 7.0 shared by Devildeac as part of my ghost in the machine trade. I sit here celebrating a big promotion at work and plotting the downfall of my enemies and this beer and the cigar I'm smoking make me feel like a benevolent overlord. Excellent work Devildeac.
    Congrats on your promotion! Well deserved and well earned. Cheers!

Benevolence is overrated. No mercy on your enemies (take that with a grain of salt, this is coming from the dark side of the off-topic-forum force after all)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Never had a beer/wine/mead combo.
    I know right?

And this one wasn't even Hardywood. Richmond beer drinkers are spoiled, but thankfully benevolent.

Chicanery would be a good name for a Hardywood ale, along with some other shenanigans.
    Shenanigans is definitely a worthy name for a Hardywood beer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nt3bDFAGKg

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Vasen
    They have a series of their stout - velvet walrus - I don’t know why it’s called that. I’m enjoying their latest and so far best now -

BBA Velvet Walrus on Raspberry

This rich milk stout was first conditioned on a generous addition of raspberry puree, after which it spent months aging in Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels, imparting flavors of brown sugar and vanilla. Smooth dark chocolate and rich roasted malty character round out the flavor profile of this complex barrel-aged brew. 9% ABV.

There is a lot of raspberry in this one, chocolate, hint of bourbon. Their stout is thinner than Hardywood’s, this one is sweeter too. 16oz. cans. I have one to trade 5/1.
    devildeac I'll let beergoddess fight you for this one.

Nah it's yours to share with your Mrs. It sounds like I'd maybe love it but possibly think it was too sweet. But if accfan says latest and best, you know it's good..

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post

Veil

Every Veil beer I’ve had.

Tefnut and their other smoothies. Their BBA beers like Lord Whangdoodle. Their Hornswoggler series including Oreo and Reese cup. Their Miata series, orange was the last one I had. Their Witness, etc. series. We Dead Mon.

Their beers have been reviewed extensively here by RJ, DD, fuse, Nerrvous. Virtually all are cat3.

That’s cheating to get to 99. And I left off my favorite salted caramel porter from RJ, Incendiary, Choosey Mothers, Wiseman...so many others. But I’ll stop here at 99
    CONGRATS accfan on completing your #99 bottles of beer on the wall challenge. Mods please add a 12th spork. Or 99 bottle shaped sporks.

This is the Ymm Beer thread equivalent of 2200 push-ups, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading about every one while salivating

No better way to do it than with Veil!

I need more Lord Whangdoodle in my life (gotta be careful typing such things - could land me in divorce court). Maybe just some smooth Tefnut? Thankfully none of that was posted on a public forum and no Witness. Otherwise We Ded Mon.

No orange miatas or yellow ferrari's for me after I get hornswaggled with this settlement.

But I'd settle for a Reese cup or definitely an oreo. The best things in life are cheap, just not the best Veil beers.
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 04-13-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Attachment 12938

Ghost in the Machine — Parish Brewing Co.

Local beer hole had it on tap (had two). I would say pretty good, not great. Lacked the punch of Tropicalia by Creature Comforts or Alpha Abstraction by Wild Leap.

Would like to try it in a bottle or can, perhaps it was near the end of the keg or maybe it was tapped a day or two ago. Will compare when I get to Nawleans in a month or two.

(SonPK with hippie COVID hair in the fuzzy background).
    It sounds like I'm going to find out soon about this elusive ghost thanks to a fellow 336 connection!

Word on the street is that after trading us this beer he got promoted... to Ymm Beer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEcwAWi6dk

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    It sounds like I'm going to find out soon about this elusive ghost thanks to a fellow 336 connection!

Word on the street is that after trading us this beer he got promoted... to Ymm Beer
    The question is, does he play poker . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The question is, does he play poker . . . .
    Any man who drinks good beer, saves babies, and smokes cigars is worthy of a seat at the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Never been during the "season." Just September through February.

I was social distancing before it was cool.
    I'm told by those in the know that is by far the best time to visit the beach. Walking along Ocracoke beach for miles without seeing another soul is the best feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    #65 - Cerveceria Centro Americana, S.A. - Gallo (Formosa Gallo)

How could I leave off of my list my most favorite beer to drink in Guatemala? A lager, a basic lager. But nothing better on a rooftop in Antigua, Guatemala!
    32 beers to go, Nrrrvous. 32 - That's like 1 set of push-ups.

You can do it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx0cJwC5TVs

Any man who drinks good beer, saves babies, and smokes cigars is worthy of a seat at the table.
    Awesome! I’m 2/3 of the way there ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Gizmo Brewing Raleigh North Carolina IPA. Very tasty and very drinkable 7.0 shared by Devildeac as part of my ghost in the machine trade. I sit here celebrating a big promotion at work and plotting the downfall of my enemies and this beer and the cigar I'm smoking make me feel like a benevolent overlord. Excellent work Devildeac.
    I'll look forward to my pint can as that brew is new to me and I'll be sharing/trading pints with son and younger son-in-law and I can tell them of your excellent review.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Awesome! I’m 2/3 of the way there ...
    If anyone brings their baby to the party, we can throw him in the pool for you to save. You get bonus poker chips if you can do it without spilling your beer or putting out your cigar. But please prioritize saving the baby. Clemmons you and beergoddess are on Ventilator duty. I'll be looking around the table for a good lawyer and a psychiatrist.

Tomorrowland- Fulsteam Brewery

Pretty darn local

Credit-a trader from fuse recently; thanks!!
    Style-"modern IPA"
    Format-pint can
    Stemware-nonic pint
    Appearance-white grapefruit juice with foam
    Nose-citrus bowl
    Mouthfeel- a little bitter a lot of juice
    Tastes-white grapefruit juice, papaya, mango, guava, pith
    Grains-Locally malted barley (Chit), Locally malted barley (Foundation), Flaked wheat, Two-row brewer's malt
    Hops-Cascade (cryo), Amarillo, Centennial
    IBU-50?
    ABV-7.5%
    Overall impression-high quality product, as expected from Fullsteam
    Ymm, Beer rating-straddling high cat 2 and low cat 3

Tomorrowland- Fulsteam Brewery

Pretty darn local

Credit-a trader from fuse recently; thanks!!
    Style-"modern IPA"
    Format-pint can
    Stemware-nonic pint
    Appearance-white grapefruit juice with foam
    Nose-citrus bowl
    Mouthfeel- a little bitter a lot of juice
    Tastes-white grapefruit juice, papaya, mango, guava, pith
    Grains-Locally malted barley (Chit), Locally malted barley (Foundation), Flaked wheat, Two-row brewer's malt
    Hops-Cascade (cryo), Amarillo, Centennial
    IBU-50?
    ABV-7.5%
    Overall impression-high quality product, as expected from Fullsteam
    Ymm, Beer rating-straddling high cat 2 and low cat 3
    The good stuff, too.

Oh yeah Wow how this beer reads. Great call by your sister! I'm with you - if I could try one beer only from Rhinegeist, this sounds like the one to pick. Some special occasion beer there.
    I'll see what's available this weekend in our travels...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You are thinking of Zillacoah. That's where I advise everyone to avoid in Asheville.
    Yea, I had forgotten both 1718 and Zillacoah.

If anyone brings their baby to the party, we can throw him in the pool for you to save. You get bonus poker chips if you can do it without spilling your beer or putting out your cigar. But please prioritize saving the baby. Clemmons you and beergoddess are on Ventilator duty. I'll be looking around the table for a good lawyer and a psychiatrist.
    Got it.

I don't think I've ever tried straight Ole Curmudgeon, but I love Better half. (Hear that beergoddess?!)

Favorite from Founders is strong words. For that I'd have to say Mas Agave Lime, as I haven't rated too many others Cat 4.

But Better Half made me think I need to drink more old ale. So smooth and with some fun complexity.
    I skipped buying a 4 pack of Better Half this winter and spent the money (and then some) on the real better half.