Page 2054 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 105415541954200420442052205320542055205620642104 ... LastLast
Results 41,061 to 41,080 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From Saturday's American classic craft Virtual Pub:

Tripel-Allagash Brewing Company

Credit-classic craft
    Style-^^^^
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Stemware-Ommegang tulip
    Appearance-orange/gold; modest fizziness with lacing
    Nose-oranges and sugar syrup
    Mouthfeel-soft
    Tastes-orange, candi sugar, rind with hints of banana, clove and pear
    Grain-2 Row barley
    Hops-Nugget and Hallertau
    IBU-18
    ABV-9%
    Overall impression-a wonderful take on the Belgian style
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; the Belgians are better but this is close
    Years ago I went to a wonderful little restaurant called The Gristmill (now The Waterwheel?) in Warm Springs, VA. I was just trying craft brews and ordered an Allagash White. They accidentally brought me an Allagash Tripel (which I had seen on the menu but wasn't brave enough to try). And thus I was introduced to tripels. Now it's one of my favorite styles.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Still an American craft classic:

9cbf563087eac123312aeeda6ede2650_640x640.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Years ago I went to a wonderful little restaurant called The Gristmill (now The Waterwheel?) in Warm Springs, VA. I was just trying craft brews and ordered an Allagash White. They accidentally brought me an Allagash Tripel (which I had seen on the menu but wasn't brave enough to try). And thus I was introduced to tripels. Now it's one of my favorite styles.
    It's a great style; perfected by the Belgians and "stolen," yet brewed well by many US brewers. I'm always smiling if there's a tripel in my snifter/chalice/tulip.

From Untappd:

"Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute IPA "perhaps the best IPA in America." An imperial IPA best savored from a snifter, 90 Minute has a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate."

“One of the most important American craft beers ever brewed”
    -Food & Wine

From the DFH website:

"What you have here is the only Imperial IPA in America inspired by a bowl of soup and a thrift store football game...

Back in the 90’s, Sam was struck by a cooking show demo teaching viewers how to properly season soup through a process of continuous peppering. As it stewed and simmered, the chef added pepper in small but consistent doses, bringing through a unique bold taste and intense savory notes. If it worked for soup, why not beer?! Inspiration sparked and Sam knew that Dogfish needed to bring this idea of continuous dosing to our hop additions in the brewhouse.

Enter our thrift store electric football game. If rigged at just the right angle over the brew kettle, and covered with hops instead of small dancing football players, the vibrating playing field would perfectly shake and shimmy the hops cascading down into the boiling wort at a consistent rate. Continual hopping was born!

Continual hopping provided a beautiful balance to our Imperial IPA - allowing us to add a foolhardy amount of hops throughout the boil without making 90 Minute crushingly bitter. With rich pine and fruity citrus hop aromas and a strong malt backbone, 90 Minute IPA created pungent, unapologetic flavor that led Esquire to call it “perhaps the best IPA in America.”

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I keep hearing about new Richmond breweries and beers to try. This is certainly a beer to try.

But again that name. Glad this beer is on my bucket list, not my DEATH list. Bucket list sounds so much more euphemistic and fun
    Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I stopped in there a couple years ago and had a beer. I don't remember what I had, but I remember it was good. If I recall, the experience was somewhat diminished by the bartender complaining to a friend of hers about everything in her life and how horrible it was. All within a few feet of where we were sitting. Normally I would've been amused listening to someone complain that much but she had one of those voices and that "drag" on some of her words that is just reeeeaaaalllly annoying.

I will have to give them another try next time I'm in Carytown.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Mrs. Nrrrrvous and I stopped in there a couple years ago and had a beer. I don't remember what I had, but I remember it was good. If I recall, the experience was somewhat diminished by the bartender complaining to a friend of hers about everything in her life and how horrible it was. All within a few feet of where we were sitting. Normally I would've been amused listening to someone complain that much but she had one of those voices and that "drag" on some of her words that is just reeeeaaaalllly annoying.

I will have to give them another try next time I'm in Carytown.
    This brought back the horrible memories of her conversation and I was trying to remember what it was called by some. Then I found this...

If Nrrrrvous and I are posting about the same beer, I thought The Answer product he was referencing was very, very good and in the same zip code as a Veil smoothie.
    Oh, I thought the latest one was great. I just remember the ones from a few years back being "other-worldly". You know, going from a low 3 to NG WBR. Could just be selective memory.

Haw River Three Spoons Spring Saison

From their website:

A brand new gluten-reduced offering, brewed with three cereal grains (red puffed rice, blue corn and malted barley) and fermented with our house saison yeast, lending an aromatic nose and a dry, snappy finish to this lovely straw-hued spring saison.

We're excited to release our first large-scale batch that showcases nearly undetectable levels of gluten, thanks to the addition of a special stabilizing enzyme at the end of fermentation that breaks down the gluten molecules in the finished beer to under 20ppm.
    Yep, gluten-reduced (not "free"). Leave it to Haw River to give that a whirl, and to execute it well. Pours a very bright yellow with a long-lingering foamy head. Tastes just like a saison should. A little hint of funk, and good bit of "bite," and some nice acidity. A delicious springtime beer. I was skeptical. I shouldn't have been. Because Haw River.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

90 Minute IIPA-Dogfish Head Craft Ales in collaboration with Boston Beer Company

Not local

Credit-VP theme
    Style-^^^^
    Format-12 ounce bottle
    Freshness data-July 2021 stamped on neck
    Stemware-snifter
    Appearance-clean, bronze and foamy
    Nose-pine and orange
    Mouthfeel-less bitter than expected
    Tastes-orange liqueur, OJ, orange rind, pine, caramel
    IBU-90
    ABV-9%
    Overall impression-haven't had one since a tailgate about 5 years ago; soooo nice to have another
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3 only because there are many, many new IIPAs and NEDIPAs on the market since this was first brewed in 2001

Oops, wrong Tomorrowland.

So Happens It’s Tuesday-Post brewing

c8a936a6debb5c6922148901eaf368e3_640x640.jpg

Great beer.

Time to head out to the green fescue stuff in the yard:

200px-Toro_Logo.png

Never bought one of these:

73404_200x200.jpg

I'll still work up a thirst in about 45 minutes.

Gizmo Brewing Raleigh North Carolina IPA. Very tasty and very drinkable 7.0 shared by Devildeac as part of my ghost in the machine trade. I sit here celebrating a big promotion at work and plotting the downfall of my enemies and this beer and the cigar I'm smoking make me feel like a benevolent overlord. Excellent work Devildeac.

I found a couple graffs I've sipped before.

"Look At This Graff!!! (draft)-Bond Brothers Brewing Company

Local. Again.

Credit-RJ199 was very generous this evening; many thanks again!!
    Style-it's listed as an American Wild Ale () so why call it a graf/graff
    Stemware-10 ounce snifter
    Appearance-a hazy, session IPA yellow; small, fizzy head
    Scents-fruity hops and apple juice
    Mouthfeel-cidery and mildly bitter; a bit thin
    Tastes-fresh pressed apple juice, pineapple
    Adjuncts-well, if it's a cider, there's beer added, or, if it's a pale ale, there's cider added
    IBU-25
    ABV-7%
    Overall impression-quite an interesting blend/hybrid beverage
    Ymm, Beer rating-this earns a high cat 2 based on solid tastes of the 2 beverages "brewed" together and creativity; really glad to try something new/different
    I remember that beer. I never tried it given my first time at Bond Brothers and wanted to try some of their fuse-recommended offerings rather than risk something that might taste like a cider.

Fun night!