Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2971
    https://www.casualhoya.com/2021/4/4/...etown-big-east

Nothing of consequence but interesting and not the good kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    https://www.casualhoya.com/2021/4/4/...etown-big-east

Nothing of consequence but interesting and not the good kind of interesting.
    Hoya fan site rumors on Patrick Baldwin Jr.:

However, the whispers from Duke circles are that Coach K’s program may have been eliminated, while the rumors from Wisconsin are that UW-Milwaukee might be out, too. One can only assume that his bags are packed and he’s ready to come to Georgetown, right? UNC, Kentucky, and Northwestern followers seem to think they have a shot.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Patrick Baldwin's twitter says "the pick is in" and Tipton Edits (which produces announcement videos for many top players) says a 5 star player will make his announcement tomorrow.

Put two and two together and Patrick Baldwin is going to announce on Tuesday

-Jason "the crystal ball on Baldwin is 75% Milwaukee and 25% Duke... there has not been any movement or new picks since a flurry of folks switched from Duke to Milwaukee back in mid-February" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Patrick Baldwin's twitter says "the pick is in" and Tipton Edits (which produces announcement videos for many top players) says a 5 star player will make his announcement tomorrow.

-Jason "the crystal ball on Baldwin is 75% Milwaukee and 25% Duke... there has not been any movement or new picks since a flurry of folks switched from Duke to Milwaukee back in mid-February" Evans
    We shall see! Charles Bediako is also rumored to be committing tomorrow as well. To Alabama.

He can play for Duke in 1/4 of the games as long as those include both unc game...

Joke will be on all of us when it turns out PBJ is also a big Chicago Bears fan and he put that up there because he's excited for the Bears draft pick later in April. Teenagers!

It better not be Hubert's first recruiting win as a head coach !

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    He can play for Duke in 1/4 of the games as long as those include both unc game...
    Sounds like one of this year's recruits. Not sure I like that strategy.

It’s been noted that “the pick is in” has been his header for a while now. Apparently not a new thing.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Zero surprise but worth noting that Charles Bediako picked Alabama: https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/stat...64582046044165
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

It's a beautiful afternoon here around the UWM campus, but I'm guessing I'm the only one here paying attention to the PBJ decision.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I can't spork you but wanted to let you know the above comment truly gave me a good laugh out loud chuckle.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I can't spork you but wanted to let you know the above comment truly gave me a good laugh out loud chuckle.
    I have learned that this time of year can drive you crazy with all of the roster turnover unless you inject a little humor.

i guess no word about Baldwin....i'm checking his twitter...

please share if there's word...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Zero surprise but worth noting that Charles Bediako picked Alabama: https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/stat...64582046044165
    Other than the offer out for Baldwin do you know of any other recruits we are interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    Other than the offer out for Baldwin do you know of any other recruits we are interested in?
    Duke has not extended an offer to any other recruits in the Class of 2021.

There are players in the transfer portal that have been contacted by Duke, including 6'8" stretch-4 Noah Gurley, formerly of Furman. Gurley has listed Duke among his final schools and is said to be announcing his decision this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Duke has not extended an offer to any other recruits in the Class of 2021.

There are players in the transfer portal that have been contacted by Duke, including 6'8" stretch-4 Noah Gurley, formerly of Furman. Gurley has listed Duke among his final schools and is said to be announcing his decision this Saturday.

Thanks. I knew we had no other offers out-just curious if there was any talk about getting involved with a recruit (not a transfer) later like K has done in the past. Good video. Thanks for sharing. Looks like Gurley could be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    There was at least some reported interest in TyTy Washington within the last month or so (i.e., we apparently reached out to him). Hard to say whether that was a fallback for Keels (they don't play the same position though) or not. But that doesn't seem to have gone anywhere in a while.

Remaining 2021 recruits

With the exception of TyTy Washington and Jaden Hardy (everyone is expecting Hardy to go pro), the guard pipeline is pretty taped out at this point. The majority of non-committed players are big men (Baldwin, Holmgren, Foster, Reid).

If Duke wants (really 'needs') another guard, it's all about the transfer market at this point.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Even the portal at this point seems a bit underwhelming...there seemed to be a school of thought that you nip in there and come out with filet mignon and a bottle of champagne (a solid big man and a worthy PG) and instead you may find chuck steak and Two Buck Chuck on the shelves, not that there's anything wrong with chuck steak, mind you...
    Last edited by budwom; 04-07-2021 at 03:31 PM.