Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I was addressing the Duke fans on this board. I personally do not care what the media talking heads, or any that listen to them, do. We should have more sense than to consider a relationship on such an uneven playing field a "rivalry".
    Well, that’s certainly one way of looking at it.

I think the playing field is pretty even at this point. We settle it on the court — their players against our players and we see who comes out with more points at the end.

During the end of the Doherty years when UNC had hit a low point, I do recall some fans saying they missed the rivalry and wished UNC would be better so that beating them would mean more. Not me. I still wanted to beat them every time, and badly. And this was BEFORE we knew about all the cheating. Ironically though, the Doherty years might have been the only period of time in which they WEREN'T cheating, which would explain their results.

UNC can bite donkey doughnuts as far as I am concerned.

9F’em. The cheating bastards should not even be allowed to play. I hope they lose every game, badly.

The point of the rivalry is to win. Period. If you’re telling me that we might beat Carolina so badly and so consistently that they’ll give up and take their ball and go home, that sure sounds like a win to me. I wish for nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    UNC can bite donkey doughnuts as far as I am concerned.

9F’em. The cheating bastards should not even be allowed to play. I hope they lose every game, badly.
    Donkey doughnuts, huh? Haven’t heard that one; I’m assuming that type of doughnut is one of the few that should be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Donkey doughnuts, huh? Haven’t heard that one; I’m assuming that type of doughnut is one of the few that should be avoided.
    I wouldn’t rush to Krispy Kreme for one, that’s for sure.

The cheaters

Count me in the group that if the "University" of North Carolina never wins another game in any sport, and then eats those donkey donuts, that we're on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    Dunning and Kruger would have had an interesting time with him.
    Dunning and Kruger are the highest rated recruits of Roy..

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    But losing to UNC trumps (in a bad way) beating them when they are really good. And when they are really good, losing to them becomes more likely.

Plus, if they are bad, they are less likely to win the ACC tourney or NCAA tourney. Which, aside from us winning, UNC losing is priority #2.

I suspect that some of the differences reside in where one lives. I live in the Triangle. I have to hear about it constantly when they beat us. So anything to reduce that noise. And heck, when they are bad, their fans don't even chirp to me much on the occasions that they upset us. So that lessens some of the hurt of losing.

If we could guarantee a win over them every time AND that they don't win the ACCT or NCAAT, then sure: I'd love for them to be really good when we beat them. But for me I'll take the reduced meaning of victories along with the reduced chances that UNC wins anything meaningful.
    I'm catching up this morning on DBR posts. Played a little golf yesterday and it wasn't pretty. So, I'll just say this. I hope the Cheats lose every game in every sport for the rest of their lives(not mine, I'm old). Then we can pick another team for our instate rivalry. The Wolfpack would be my choice but they have to start winning like Virginia for that to happen.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Allow me to clarify. We are talking about a dream scenario in which UNC would beat all of their opponents other than Duke — to whom they would lose all four of their matchups (the two regular season ACC games, the ACC tournament final, and the NCAA tournament final). Obviously this dream scenario would never be a reality. It’s just wishful thinking.

But no, I do not root for UNC to lose all of their non-Duke games. I root for UNC to win all of their games leading up to the first Duke-UNC game because I want them to be cocky and highly-rated and for the Duke-UNC game to be big-time hyped on the radio, on television, and on all other forms of media. Under that scenario a loss to Duke is especially devastating for them.

And then in the ACC tournament I root for UNC to win their games — if and only if Duke is still in the tournament and could potentially face them. And then for the NCAA tournament I root for UNC to lose starting with their first game because: a) I reflexively despise UNC Basketball and b) I do not want to face them in the Tournament. A loss to UNC in the Tournament would be a bridge too far; I wouldn’t want to risk that.
    Steven, just one question, will you be rooting for the Cheats when they play their first game next season? Will you be rooting for them to beat all the other ACC schools next season? I think I know the answers.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Since we make a habit of pointing out the crappy front page articles, it's only fair to point put the good ones. Read the piece on Roy/K's early days. Great perspective.
    While Julian writes many of the front page stories (and often at 2 am, warts and all), multiple authors get published on the front page. Jim is a treasure!

-jk

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    I want to drag UNC thru the mud, over the rocks, and up to my rightful place on the Mount Rushmore of hating UNC basketball. And then I want to drop their bloodied shell of a program from that precipice that they brought me to.

I'm fine with them sucking.

Glad that UNC took Hubert Davis. This is our chance to grab Wes Miller when Coach K retires.

Assuming Bobby Hurley doesn't want the job, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    the Mount Rushmore of hating UNC basketball.
    That is Mt. Hatemore and it is fully occupied.

When will the Davis's Disciples tee shirts be made available?
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That is Mt. Hatemore and it is fully occupied.
    Guests are warmly welcomed. Visit early and often.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    But losing to UNC trumps (in a bad way) beating them when they are really good. And when they are really good, losing to them becomes more likely.

Plus, if they are bad, they are less likely to win the ACC tourney or NCAA tourney. Which, aside from us winning, UNC losing is priority #2.

I suspect that some of the differences reside in where one lives. I live in the Triangle. I have to hear about it constantly when they beat us. So anything to reduce that noise. And heck, when they are bad, their fans don't even chirp to me much on the occasions that they upset us. So that lessens some of the hurt of losing.

If we could guarantee a win over them every time AND that they don't win the ACCT or NCAAT, then sure: I'd love for them to be really good when we beat them. But for me I'll take the reduced meaning of victories along with the reduced chances that UNC wins anything meaningful.
    I definitely have to agree with this sentiment. Especially also living in the Triangle and having to hear about the "caro-whina way"
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Steven, just one question, will you be rooting for the Cheats when they play their first game next season? Will you be rooting for them to beat all the other ACC schools next season? I think I know the answers.

GoDuke!
    You know, jv, I obviously will not be “rooting” for them to win that first game — as in rah rah actively cheering — but I stand by my earlier contention that I want UNC to be highly-ranked (Top 10 or better) when they meet Duke for the first time — which I think will be in Chapel Hill.

There are few things in life that are sweeter than beating a highly-ranked UNC on their home court. To see those miserably sad and broken Tar Heel faces in the stands after a loss to Duke at the Smith Center is an indescribable joy. I welcome the opportunity!

By the way, in case you missed it, Heels looked good against Wisconsin!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    Glad that UNC took Hubert Davis. This is our chance to grab Wes Miller when Coach K retires.
    Wes Miller to Duke has about as much chance of happening as does OPK willingly eating donkey doughnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    When will the Davis's Disciples tee shirts be made available?
    or is that Davis's Donkey Doughnuts...