Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    I just got the ESPN alert as well and see that it's breaking news, but seriously... let's see if it really is the case tomorrow.
    A helluva April Fools joke if it is. Pretty sure a few fans are gonna be hospitalized today with a mild heart attack.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    Opens the door for the return of Doherty. Matt Part II - A return to glory.
    And the hiring of Andre Buckner as an assistant coach. He can coach our big men.

Wow, if true, the naysayers on IC finally get their wish...and of course they are idiots. Despite the cheating scandal, Roy will reap the accolades and IMO he deserves them.

I wonder if the NCAA's decision influenced his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You beat me by seconds so your post comes first
    Yeah, thanks, but I like my Headline better!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    And the hiring of Andre Buckner as an assistant coach. He can coach our big men.
    No, you're thinking of Wojo!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Hard to do on April Fools Day, but a serious note: I will never root for Carolina, but I respect the hell out of Roy Williams. The rivalry is better when both teams are really good, and he got that program back to where they should be after the Doherty years. I really hope he was able to do this on his own terms and this wasn't forced on him by health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    Hard to do on April Fools Day, but a serious note: I will never root for Carolina, but I respect the hell out of Roy Williams. The rivalry is better when both teams are really good, and he got that program back to where they should be after the Doherty years. I really hope he was able to do this on his own terms and this wasn't forced on him by health issues.
    Roy was hard to dislike. Especially living in WNC, everyone here is two degrees of separation from him. I wish him well in his retirement, and I hope UNC has a long, arduous, and unfruitful search for a new head coach.

I thought Roy looked really beaten down and worn out the last few pressers I saw. It would not surprise if he’s just done. He’s earned a break. I know they’re the enemy and all that but Roy has always struck me as a pretty decent dude, and a HOF coach.

The timing of it, though, in an already chaotic offseason, is a disaster.

Can he cash in his unused timeouts like PTO? That might get him an extra few years of pay. 🤣

Headline: Gerald Henderson Leading Candidate for the UNC Job, Hansbrough Gives Vote of Confidence

What Duke player/coach makes the best "Leading candidate for UNC" headline? K himself? Christian Laettner? Caple Brothers re-unite as co head-coaches?

How many timeouts is he taking with him?

Don't let the door hit you, Huck....my real concern is I don't want the cheats to replace him with Miller or Stevens. That gives me worry.

BREAKING!!! Matt Doherty to return as coach of the The Tarheels!!

If they do hold that 4:00 pm press conference, since I have been vaccinated I will celebrate by buying a really garish sports coat that I can wear during Duke Carolina games.

As an added bonus, I can throw it during Duke Syracuse.

But seriously folks, if your senior class has ended every season with a blowout then it’s time to head for the exits.

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    He had a lot of help. Well, I guess D'oh had the luxury of fake classes too, so it's all relative.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Roy was hard to dislike. Especially living in WNC, everyone here is two degrees of separation from him. I wish him well in his retirement, and I hope UNC has a long, arduous, and unfruitful search for a new head coach.
    Agreed. I've always kind of liked Roy. Hard to dislike, but easy to pick on.

I don't care if it's true or not...just the mere thought if it happening one day is enough to give me a nice drug-free high. I'm all warm and fuzzy inside if not for right now, for next year, or in five years. I want that *wankerizer* gone so bad that just thinking of him retiring makes me happy.

If it's true and you guys don't hear from me for a few weeks, I might have started to float away and you can find me on cloud nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mojo View Post
    Don't let the door hit you, Huck...my real concern is I don't want the cheats to replace him with Miller or Stevens. That gives me worry.
    I will wager pies with all comers that Brad Stevens is not walking through that door.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I will wager pies with all comers that Brad Stevens is not walking through that door.
    Might as well see if Pop is available.

Wow, this appears to be real. This past season has been tough on everyone. The past three seasons have been tough on Ol’ Roy. But in all seriousness, the changes to the sport including players leaving early, transfers, agents, NIL, etc. will likely drive quite a few coaches into retirement. I have no love lost for Roy and his decades of cheating, but this is still quite shocking.

The greatest to....

Roy Williams is the greatest in NCAA history to be born on 3rd base twice while also utilizing massive academic fraud to keep athletes eligible in order to compete at the highest level.

Congratulations to all involved.

9F