Page 684 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686694734784 ... LastLast
Results 13,661 to 13,680 of 22195
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    But only on Mondays for the unvaccinated, so, stay the heck away from Krispy Kreme on Mondays.
    I can't get too deeply into internet brouhahas, but evidently the KK giveaway kicked off some war of words over the health attributes of doughnuts...like we don't have enough stuff to argue about these days...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I can't get too deeply into internet brouhahas, but evidently the KK giveaway kicked off some war of words over the health attributes of doughnuts...like we don't have enough stuff to argue about these days...
    I'm not sure the arguments? There aren't any. Pass me 3 please.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm not sure the arguments? There aren't any. Pass me 3 please.
    yeah, our excellent local alternative paper ran its annual health issue but they had little cartoons every few pages mocking Cheetos! Blasphemy!

Trends through Friday, March 26

The number of cases (all numbers are seven-day averages per Worldometer) is rising -- up ten percent over the past seven days. The number of deaths is still declining week-over-week, but has been around 1,000 per day five days in a row (988 as of yesterday).

I suppose, with vaccinations of the most vulnerable, cases could rise and deaths could continue to fall. But we may be approaching a point of inflection that could go either way on new cases and deaths.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The number of cases (all numbers are seven-day averages per Worldometer) is rising -- up ten percent over the past seven days. The number of deaths is still declining week-over-week, but has been around 1,000 per day five days in a row (988 as of yesterday).

I suppose, with vaccinations of the most vulnerable, cases could rise and deaths could continue to fall. But we may be approaching a point of inflection that could go either way on new cases and deaths.
    Yep, this will be the first test of the vaccine. We've now fully vaccinated almost 50% of the over-65 population and over 70% have gotten at least 1 dose. so we should in theory start to see a bit of divergence between mortality and incidence (with mortality lagging incidence by 2-3 weeks of course).

Hopefully the deaths continue to decline, but we'll see.

Is it time to focus on hospitalization or mortality rates rather than infection rates in countries with decent vaccine penetration?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Funny thing is, when I took my mom to get her 1st vaccine back in January, I rewarded her for good behavior by going by KK.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I rewarded her for good behavior by going by KK.
    Because you care!

Funny thing is, when I took my mom to get her 1st vaccine back in January, I rewarded her for good behavior by going by KK.
    I bought myself a plant - the hyacinth are growing rapidly. I can almost see it grow.

^ we bought tulips! many tulips!

Good on you! I think I’ll do the same - like I need a reason to visit KK.

if you can't visit KK in a pandemic year, when can you? we need us our happy food...

SonPK got his first shot this morning, took him to Chic-fil-A drive-thru for breakfast and then a six mile hike. All good in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    SonPK got his first shot this morning, took him to Chic-fil-A drive-thru for breakfast and then a six mile hike. All good in the neighborhood.
    Was the hike voluntary?

Was the hike voluntary?
    Yes, although we did discuss Ghost Soldier and the Bataan death march. Apropos of nothing AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Good on you! I think I’ll do the same - like I need a reason to visit KK.
    She got mad when I didn't take her there after the second one. But I did bake a cake, so . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yes, although we did discuss Ghost Soldier and the Bataan death march. Apropos of nothing AFAIK.
    A neighbor of my parents was there at Bataan.

Baby of Bataan.jpg

A neighbor of my parents was there at Bataan.

Baby of Bataan.jpg
    Wow! Brutal.

Brazil

Brazil is nearing 4000 deaths daily. Just horrible. Duke professor quoted in article: https://apnews.com/article/brazil-ri...916616796b6e60

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Brazil is nearing 4000 deaths daily. Just horrible. Duke professor quoted in article: https://apnews.com/article/brazil-ri...916616796b6e60
    A friend of ours father had a 66th birthday party on March 5th in Curitiba. Apparently a small event of about 10 people. He died this morning. His wife died a week ago. She was 60. Tragic.
    Last edited by Furniture; 03-28-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc