Page 1877 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 877137717771827186718751876187718781879188719271977 ... LastLast
Results 37,521 to 37,540 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    This is tough.

Favorite overall (maybe) Burial. Beer wise, they nail EVERY style on the head. From lagers to stouts to all sorts of IPAs (NEIPA/West Coast) I have never had anything less than Cat 3 - maybe one or two very high Cat 2s. Really cool atmosphere at the brewery too with some solid food options.

For IPAs - New Anthem. Total fangirl. I haven't had anything less than Cat 3 in the style, but haven't had many of their non-IPA styles.

Favorite in Winston-Salem - Wise Man. Like Burial, they nail every style, but just a step below in quality. Everything is strong Cat 2 or Cat 3 level.

<3 NC Beer!
    So true about Burial nailing every style. From their Innertube lager to their pilsners, stouts, and DIPA's they're so money. I'll never forget the smile on my face when I tasted some of my first Burial drafts from Stella. I can't wait to hit them up in Asheville along with all the other places Mtn Devil wish us fanboys didn't know about.

I can't argue with Wise Man.

I'm curious how New Anthem does with some other styles. Sounds like Devildeac can tell us soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    My second Stout in as many weeks.

Proustian Moment from Bingo Beer

Our Imperial Stout aged in Woodford Reserve (Mmm) Bourbon Barrels - 11.5%

A delicious stout that definitely hid it's 11.5%. No alcohol, no bitterness. All ymmm, beer.
    And, all the people shouted, "Amen!"
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Question to the group:

When your queue/inventory has a mix of (a) beers that you have never tried but look/sound interesting, and (b) ones you have tried and know you really like, do you tend to favor one category over the other in choosing what to drink next? I find I trend toward “untried but intriguing” over “tried and true.” But maybe I’m weird that way.

Just curious.
    I definitely tend to buy more interesting, never-tried beers at Stella.

When out at a restaurant I usually look for things I know and trust like Red Oak, Jade on draft, or Hoppyum

Part of the reason I asked the earlier question about "new and intriguing" versus "tried and true" is because I was really, really debating between cracking open another can of NA The Vapors or trying this one. I went with "new." Part of Incendiary's Shift series, this NEIPA comes with Enigma hops, grains listed as "Golden Promise, Pilsner, Wheat, and Oats," and a "Proprietary Tri Blend" yeast. Bright yellow pour with some haziness. Decent sized white head. Really very smooth and rounded for an NEIPA. Some citrus, but more "malty" than most in this style. I'd guess IBUs in the 45 range, maybe a bit higher. 8.1% ABV. This is a really good beer; definitely worth tracking down. Wish I had more than this single.
    Singles are almost always good; incentive to buy more of the same if you really like it and/or try the next "new" thing.

Definitely depends on my mood, what kind of day I've had. Sometimes I just want something comfortable. Sometimes I'm feeling more adventurous. Percentage-wise, I'd say I'm about 30% tried and true versus 70% untried and intriguing versus 20% whatever my hand hits first when I reach in the fridge.
    I also try to save the best-looking beers for weekends. They help make it feel like a weekend

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    So true about Burial nailing every style. From their Innertube lager to their pilsners, stouts, and DIPA's they're so money. I'll never forget the smile on my face when I tasted some of my first Burial drafts from Stella. I can't wait to hit them up in Asheville along with all the other places Mtn Devil wish us fanboys didn't know about.

I can't argue with Wise Man.

I'm curious how New Anthem does with some other styles. Sounds like Devildeac can tell us soon.
    Ha! I ended up with all IPAs/IIPAs.

My second Stout in as many weeks.

Proustian Moment from Bingo Beer

Our Imperial Stout aged in Woodford Reserve (Mmm) Bourbon Barrels - 11.5%

A delicious stout that definitely hid it's 11.5%. No alcohol, no bitterness. All ymmm, beer.
    I knew you were going to love the best BBA stouts when I saw how much you liked a good BBA quad. They're different, I know, but I knew it.

You're due for a GBS complete set next year

and then a Family Tree membership

Part of the reason I asked the earlier question about "new and intriguing" versus "tried and true" is because I was really, really debating between cracking open another can of NA The Vapors or trying this one. I went with "new." Part of Incendiary's Shift series, this NEIPA comes with Enigma hops, grains listed as "Golden Promise, Pilsner, Wheat, and Oats," and a "Proprietary Tri Blend" yeast. Bright yellow pour with some haziness. Decent sized white head. Really very smooth and rounded for an NEIPA. Some citrus, but more "malty" than most in this style. I'd guess IBUs in the 45 range, maybe a bit higher. 8.1% ABV. This is a really good beer; definitely worth tracking down. Wish I had more than this single.
    Great to read. Incendiary ain't just for dark beers (for breakfast) any more

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ha! I ended up with all IPAs/IIPAs.
    That’s not a bad outcome.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I knew you were going to love the best BBA stouts when I saw how much you liked a good BBA quad. They're different, I know, but I knew it.

He'll be on probation for a year...

Great to read. Incendiary ain't just for dark beers (for breakfast) any more
    That Raspberry PB&J beer was a major, pleasant surprise.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

That’s not a bad outcome.
    I skipped a Willett BBA NA Barleywine on tap at Bottle Rev on the way home. My loss.

Hope I don't lose my Permanent Crease after this one.

Clearly I've been spending too much time on the wrong side of Boulevard. Time to cross over to the Hardywood side.

I'll be honest with you, seeing all those that ACCfanfrom70 has been posting has really gotten me thinking!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Permanent Crease-New Anthem Beer Project

Local enough

Credit-"vacation" beer
    Style-NEIPA
    Format-pint can
    Glass-standard pint
    Appearance-fresh pineapple juice
    Nose-citrus from halfway across the room
    Mouthfeel-juicy
    Tastes-pineapple, peach, mango, orange
    Hops-Citra, Simcoe and Centennial
    IBU-Untappd states "no IBU" but I say 40
    ABV-7.7%
    Overall impression-another high quality NA product
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3; would have again and maybe again

Clearly I've been spending too much time on the wrong side of Boulevard. Time to cross over to the Hardywood side.

I'll be honest with you, seeing all those that ACCfanfrom70 has been posting has really gotten me thinking!
    Not sure I've ever had a Hardywood brew, especially in the accfan ABV range, that has been out the cat 3 zone.

Fudge. Maple Mackinac, that is.

I succombed to temptation today and placed an online order for curbside pickup at Boulevard Brewery today. Tonight's choice - 20210302_231522.jpg
    I like it and look forward to having it again.

Also picked up this one Screenshot_20210302-233454.jpg
    Hoping to try it Friday when there will be others around. They suggest drinking it in 3 days after they fill it and no more than a week. Apparently, wild yeast could lead to it exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I succombed to temptation today and placed an online order for curbside pickup at Boulevard Brewery today. Tonight's choice - 20210302_231522.jpg
    I like it and look forward to having it again.
    That is my favorite Boulevard beer. Buy it whenever I can find it at total wine. DD has had it too. Really good and just different enough.