Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Tre called up to the San Antonio Spurs who are currently down 4 players due to Covid protocols. This takes him out of the G League bubble in Orlando.
    Back-to-back road wins for Brooklyn over the LA teams is very impressive. 8 assists and 0 turnovers for Kyrie last night.

At the end of regulation in the NO game, the announcers guessed they would go to Ingram because he can score at all 3 levels. I was glad to see that Van Gundy, hopefully for good, has learned that Zion should be the first option there, whether other teams know what he wants to do or not. Ingram is great as a 2nd option, but when you have a historically efficient scorer, use him.

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    With Tatum on the Celtics, I'm definitely a supporter.

I've got a couple cousins though who are die-hard Celtics fan and boy are they annoying. The self-rationalization is strong, the belief that the Celtics are better off without Rozier, Kyrie, Horford and Haywood.
    Both Rozier and Hayward are thriving in Charlotte. I think the Celtics front office would love to have a do-over on Rozier. There was talk two months ago of them trying to reacquire him in a trade, but it has yet to materialize.

As far as Hayward goes I think he needed to go to a team that was able to give him the minutes and shots that he needs. He wasn’t ever going to get that with Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown above him in the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Both Rozier and Hayward are thriving in Charlotte. I think the Celtics front office would love to have a do-over on Rozier. There was talk two months ago of them trying to reacquire him in a trade, but it has yet to materialize.

As far as Hayward goes I think he needed to go to a team that was able to give him the minutes and shots that he needs. He wasn’t ever going to get that with Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown above him in the pecking order.
    The fact that Rozier has gone from being a decent, 35%, 3 point shooter to an excellent, 42%, 3 point shooter since moving from Boston to Charlotte is a big deal. That said, much like Hayward, I'm not sure Rozier would have continued to thrive while being the 3rd option in Boston. He's taking almost twice as many shots this year as he did his last year in Boston. Some of that is more playing time, but a lot of it is that he is free to shoot a lot more as the first or second option on the floor at all times.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Lakers Waive Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSlowSlider View Post
    I hope Quinn finds playing time with his next team! LGD!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I hope Quinn finds playing time with his next team! LGD!
    It is widely expected that someone will pick Quinn up. He has a good rep around the league and I am sure there are teams that can use a knock-down shooter.

-Jason "the Lakers waived Quinn just days before his contract became guaranteed... sorta sucks for him. Quinn was due to make $1.7 mil this season if fully paid" Evans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 02-23-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is widely expected that someone will pick Quinn up. He has a good rep around the league and I am sure there are teams that can use a knock-down shooter.

-Jason "the Lakers waived Quinn just days before his contract became guaranteed... sorta sucks for him. Quinn was due to make $1.7 mil this season if fully paid" Evans
    They’ll regret it! LeBron can’t win a championship without a Duke guy on the roster!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    They’ll regret it! LeBron can’t win a championship without a Duke guy on the roster!

-jk
    Yep- it's over.

Congrats to Zion, Kyrie and Tatum making all star team

Could be a blessing in disguise for Quinn. Waived twice in the last 3 months has got to hurt but I'm sure those rings feel fine. Wouldn't be shocked if he ended up on the other side of the locker room (Clippers). The Wizards could def make an inquiry bringing him home and allowing Beal to play off ball some. Quinn is one to keep an eye on for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Awesome for these guys, but not surprising. Sadly, Jayson and Zion’s respective teams are underperforming. My Celtics are an epic disaster.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSlowSlider View Post
    Now I can go back to hating the Lakers like nature intended.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Now I can go back to hating the Lakers like nature intended.
    Amen.

Justice is back

From ESPN:

Spin: Not only did Winslow make his season debut Saturday after a long recovery process from left hip displacement, but he also made his first appearance as a member of the Grizzlies after failing to suit up with the club last season following his February 2020 acquisition from the Heat. Head coach Taylor Jenkins didn't hesitate to hand Winslow a big role off the bench in his first game in more than 13 months, and the 24-year-old wasn't shy about putting up shots. Winslow's passing skills along with the value he provides defensively should give him a good chance at sticking in Jenkins' rotation, but he may struggle to see steady minutes when Memphis is at full strength.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Could be a blessing in disguise for Quinn. Waived twice in the last 3 months has got to hurt but I'm sure those rings feel fine. Wouldn't be shocked if he ended up on the other side of the locker room (Clippers). The Wizards could def make an inquiry bringing him home and allowing Beal to play off ball some. Quinn is one to keep an eye on for sure.
    interesting article on Quinn’s situation..

https://section215.com/2021/02/23/ph...im-quinn-cook/

Will Quinn find a team? One key sentence from the article suggests the reasons why he will.

“Honestly, it’d probably be easier to come up with a list of teams who wouldn’t want to claim his services considering his meager pay and scoring upside”.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Pretty amazing. This is a Golden Age for Dukies in the NBA. Enjoy it while it lasts because if the NBA starts allowing guys to go straight to the league, the list of our All Stars and All NBA players may start to drastically shrink.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Pretty amazing. This is a Golden Age for Dukies in the NBA. Enjoy it while it lasts because if the NBA starts allowing guys to go straight to the league, the list of our All Stars and All NBA players may start to drastically shrink.
    Not to mention when Coach K retires.

tired: whining about 1&D's

wired: whining about how we can't get 1&D's anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    From ESPN:

Spin: Not only did Winslow make his season debut Saturday after a long recovery process from left hip displacement, but he also made his first appearance as a member of the Grizzlies after failing to suit up with the club last season following his February 2020 acquisition from the Heat. Head coach Taylor Jenkins didn't hesitate to hand Winslow a big role off the bench in his first game in more than 13 months, and the 24-year-old wasn't shy about putting up shots. Winslow's passing skills along with the value he provides defensively should give him a good chance at sticking in Jenkins' rotation, but he may struggle to see steady minutes when Memphis is at full strength.
    Can you believe he’s only 24. Still so young and a lot of good years ahead of him if he can stay healthy.

Q might make a good coach or on air personality or analyst too.