Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    This is a huge part of why the whole dramatic Jeremiad over 1&D needs to stop. Would you rather Tatum, Williamson, and Ingram had no Duke affiliation and went straight? 2y, 3y and 4y aren't options.

Me, I'm super proud thay these guys are affiliated with Duke and will be for life.
    Zion alone was the most widely beloved Duke player in our recent history. No one player has done more for the Duke "brand" in a positive way. Very few people found themselves comfortable rooting against Zion.

Lordy. As someone who is enjoying this exciteable game and loves watching Duke players but doesn't watch much NBA - the reviews and challenges are making it almost unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Lordy. As someone who is enjoying this exciteable game and loves watching Duke players but doesn't watch much NBA - the reviews and challenges are making it almost unwatchable.
    Yeah, these interminable reviews would be a lot better if we could meanwhile listen to Bilas dragging the refs.
    🤣🤣🤣

Melli redeems his own lane violation by corralling jump ball, Ingram threes it off assist from Point Z.

Celtics screwed up letting Kemba take that shot. Haven't they realized that only Duke players are scoring in the last minute of regulation and last minute of OT?

It Tatum wearing pink Crocs? Reception here is blurry.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Our guys have been great, but serious props to Josh Hart. He's been really good. And so has Williams for the Celtics.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Man that was some pure-T hog-fried old-fashioned 151-proof pee-your-pants fun.

Zion became point guard. What a win

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Zion became point guard. What a win
    I believe this position is called ZOMG.

The way Zion attacked and got the and-1 at the end of regulation just makes me question why he didn’t do that in the Elite 8 game. Why, why why??! Yes the Spartans would probably foul him but he stood a good chance of making it anyway! Seeing Zion dominate, while he’s obviously way better now than he was at Duke, makes me partly sad at what might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by stingy View Post
    The way Zion attacked and got the and-1 at the end of regulation just makes me question why he didn’t do that in the Elite 8 game. Why, why why??! Yes the Spartans would probably foul him but he stood a good chance of making it anyway! Seeing Zion dominate, while he’s obviously way better now than he was at Duke, makes me partly sad at what might have been.
    I agree . Odds were better with Zion than RJ. Elton Brand brought us back against UCONN and we go with Trajan Langdon. Would of could of should of.

I am big fan of Point Zion. The assist on Bi's 3 was a great play.

I am not a fan of JJ being ejected for rolling the ball to the ref who just called a foul on the guy guarding JJ.

Bad as that was, I think the refs handled the reviews (annoying as they are) well in OT. They got the calls right, and they did it fairly quickly. I'd rather they get the call right to begin with, but as someone who has refereed basketball games before, I understand that isn't realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    The only bad thing for the Blue Devils was JJ getting tossed by the refs after his second technical. Didn't see the first, but unless he pulled a Crash Davis, it was hard to see what he did to earn the second T.
    I can tell JJ wants out of NO ,he hates that coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Agree with this. It was an amazing 3rd and 4th quarter with guys making great play after great play, and then the OT was just disjointed basketball with no flow. Got to get the calls right, and I get that, but the NBA needs to figure out a way to shorten reviews and late game TOs. Still fun to watch Zion, Tatum, and BI show out on the big stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    The only bad thing for the Blue Devils was JJ getting tossed by the refs after his second technical. Didn't see the first, but unless he pulled a Crash Davis, it was hard to see what he did to earn the second T.
    He rolled the ball to the ref, with some English to get it around a mass of players, after the ref called a foul on the other team. The non-shooting foul was above the foul line, so the inbound would've been at the sideline and handled by the centrer official he rolled the ball to (I don't think they rotate positions on non-shooting fouls). Regardless, there's no reason to think JJ said anything, and apparently the ref has since confirmed that the T was for tossing the ball at him with too much force (it bounced multiple times, ffs).

This was a really dumb call. I suspect/hope the NBA will rescind it.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Huh? I thought pretty much everybody was a fan of the C’s!!

Sure, I like the Pelicans now that they have several former Duke players, but come on.
    With Tatum on the Celtics, I'm definitely a supporter.

I've got a couple cousins though who are die-hard Celtics fan and boy are they annoying. The self-rationalization is strong, the belief that the Celtics are better off without Rozier, Kyrie, Horford and Haywood.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    I can tell JJ wants out of NO ,he hates that coach.
    Same jerk almost ruined his career in Orlando

Huge night for Duke alum in the NBA last night! 2 guys over 30 pts, another 2 with 28, 5 overall above 20 pts, and 8 guys over 10, with 13 guys scoring a total of 200 points!!! A great total but still ~50 pts short of the other night! Wow, Duke has a lot of talent in the league!!!
    The show that the Brotherhood put on in NOLA was amazing!!!

Idk why SAC held Jabari out for so long, (perhaps a minor injury?) but he's played in 2 strait games now and has played well enough in a minor role.

Tre called up to the San Antonio Spurs who are currently down 4 players due to Covid protocols. This takes him out of the G League bubble in Orlando.