Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This is our goldendoodle. A pure delight!

She doesn't shed a bit, doesn't chew stuff or get into the garbage. And we've never had to board her - we have several families vying to petsit her!

JK4_6975.jpg

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    This is our goldendoodle. A pure delight!

She doesn't shed a bit, doesn't chew stuff or get into the garbage. And we've never had to board her - we have several families vying to petsit her!

JK4_6975.jpg

-jk
    ...and she was captain of the tennis team and got into Harvard early. Showoff.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    ...and she was captain of the tennis team and got into Harvard early. Showoff.
    She plays a mean game of fetch with that tennis ball if - and only if - there're treats involved. Otherwise it's a game of keep-away which she always wins!

-jk

She plays a mean game of fetch with that tennis ball if - and only if - there're treats involved. Otherwise it's a game of keep-away which she always wins!

-jk
    Violet is good at getting the zoomies, snoring, goofy antics, and eating food off the floor.

IMG_6916.jpg

Utley, Shack and Teagan - keeshonds. Utley passed in February of 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    IMG_6916.jpg

Utley, Shack and Teagan - keeshonds. Utley passed in February of 2020
    Condolences. A lot of us lost buddies in 2020.
    Are those Samoyeds?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Condolences. A lot of us lost buddies in 2020.
    Are those Samoyeds?
    Keeshonds

-jk

Sage. Our 14 month-old Wirehaired Vizsla on an off-leash hike today. Her energy dial goes to 11. She’s working on becoming a great bird dog.

27FFF937-B546-4B23-8AD6-4929ECAFA459.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Sage. Our 14 month-old Wirehaired Vizsla on an off-leash hike today. Her energy dial goes to 11. She’s working on becoming a great bird dog.

27FFF937-B546-4B23-8AD6-4929ECAFA459.jpg
    Cute dog. Does Sage like Grouse? Asking for a friend.

What's the collar?

-jk

Cute dog. Does Sage like Grouse? Asking for a friend.

What's the collar?

-jk
    Ha! Yep. Quail, grouse, and pheasant are all good. That’s a GPS tracking collar which is is ideal for hunting but also great for wilderness hikes. She usually stays within 50 yards and tracks back to check in but this summer she took off on a wilderness hike and ended up 400 yards off-trail. I have no idea how I would have tracked her down without the GPS.

Too many dogs in this thread. Let's show some feline love...

Pete2.jpg

This is Pete. He's my beer-drinking bud. He was a full-grown rescue back in 2011? He spent 5 years in Utah as an indoor/outdoor cat where he got in more than his share of fights in the neighborhood. Then a year in Bath County, VA as a totally outdoor cat. But now he has "retired" to the easy life here in Richmond where he sleeps a lot and is by-far the most affectionate of our cats. (His head butts are the best!)

Edit: Hmm, not sure how to get rid of the two extra pics that are attached...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

We have two dogs right now. Ginger is a Corgi, Dachshund mix that we rescued about 9 years ago. Duke is a Terrier mix that we rescued about 3 years ago. Duke is a foster fail from the first litter of puppies that we fostered. We foster with a local shelter called Saving Grace. The two black puppies in the picture are fosters. One tough thing about covid and me working from home is that we have had to put fostering puppies on hold (I had to get some work done!).

dogs_in_yard.jpg

That picture looks small, I suspect that if you click on it you'll get a bigger picture with a better view of our pups :-)

We don't currently have any cats. Until last year we always had cats but when our last one passed last year we decided against getting another one. Ginger and cats don't mix...maybe when we no longer have Ginger we'll get another cat.

IMG_6723.jpgIMG_8921.jpg

My dog is cooler than me.

Pic1 (2).jpg

Wish the pic came through as a larger version...

This is Cameron, who guest stars on the DBR podcast with some degree of regularity.

34FCC437-ED30-4FCD-B33D-1F3721AC44F8.jpg

87FFFAD0-EF85-4697-903F-088395AB8252.jpg

CDA36E2F-C654-4360-A47E-64AB14178F0A.jpg
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The kittens in my Avatar and signature are now 13 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Hey, don't be dissing on cats! I love cats.

Just like that. From vital and active to dead in less than 30 seconds. It was in shock. It was pretty horrifying.
    OMG, my sincere sympathies. Based on what you described, I bet you were right about the not suffering (long) part.

Almost 15 yrs ago we adopted 2 kittens, the first pets of my adult years. On the way to their first vet appt, I brainstormed some alliterative names for them with my kids. At the time I was into motorized 2 wheelers, so we settled on Vino and Vespa. (Vino was Yamaha's small scooter at the time).

Vino grew to be twice Vespa's size, so we could well have named them Spaghetti and Meatball. He was also the skilled hunter of the two, despite his bulk. He never caught birds (that we knew of), but he definitely kept the chipmunk population in check (which exploded after he was retired from part-time outdoor life).

We lost Vespa a bit over a year ago. She had been losing weight and getting sick a lot in her last year, and she eventually stopped eating. That made it easy for us to know the time had come. She was such a cute cat, never fully grew into those ears, giving her a youngish look. After her departure, Vino has become even more personable. Though in this picture, he looks like he's had too much catnip. I think he was just tired ... a long day in front of the camera, ha ha.

VV_Kittens.jpg Vespa.jpg

Vino.jpg

Lionel.jpgAshley.jpg
    Lionel, gray and white, is extremely social. Makes friends all over the neighborhood, and the neighbors send us pics when he's hanging out with them. Ashley looked like a good Catholic cat who just went to Mass on Ash Wednesday, hence the name.

I for one welcome this shift. In absence of Duke Basketball, we should become the Duke Pet Report.

Any non-mammal pets out there? I'm interested to see those. A couple of y'all said you had birds?
    I'd also be super interested to see any exotics (reptiles and other weird stuff).