Page 1731 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 731123116311681172117291730173117321733174117811831 ... LastLast
Results 34,601 to 34,620 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    My COVID test was negative 2 months ago. I had a beer to celebrate.
    I’m calling BS on “a beer”!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I’m calling BS on “a beer”!
    Well, I didn't say what the second beer celebrated...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Well, I didn't say what the second beer celebrated...

I stand appropriately corrected. I assumed you would get a six pack out of each celebration. That approach seems more efficient.

I stand appropriately corrected. I assumed you would get a six pack out of each celebration. That approach seems more efficient.
    No problem! The real "efficiency" comes from buying a 4 pack or a 6er at a mildly reduced "group" price instead of buying a buncha individually and higher priced singles. The "bulk" purchasing allows for a better supply chain *plus* sharing and/or trading ("transfer portal") material with family and the other beer "mules" on this thread.

No problem! The real "efficiency" comes from buying a 4 pack or a 6er at a mildly reduced "group" price instead of buying a buncha individually and higher priced singles. The "bulk" purchasing allows for a better supply chain *plus* sharing and/or trading ("transfer portal") material with family and the other beer "mules" on this thread.
    He uses "mule" (and even puts it in quotations) because the wanker-filter would kick-out what he really wants to call us.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    He uses "mule" (and even puts it in quotations) because the wanker-filter would kick-out what he really wants to call us.
    Trust me, I caught that, he was very clear. I also noticed that he called himself the same. Was that also intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I include me/myself/I/you in that grouping and consider myself the biggest ssa (*) of all.

(*code word also included in several beer names with which you *might* be familiar )

I include me/myself/I/you in that grouping and consider myself the biggest ssa (*) of all.

(*code word also included in several beer names with which you *might* be familiar )
    I prefer -
    A domesticated member of the horse family used to transport alcoholic libations across state boundaries. Legality of said transport still being up for debate.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I prefer -
    A domesticated member of the horse family used to transport alcoholic libations across state boundaries. Legality of said transport still being up for debate.
    "A horse is a horse, of course, of course..."

Next up on the list of BCBS variants:

2020 Bourbon County Brand Caramella Wheatwine
    Wheat Whine
    14.6% ABV
    60 IBU
    Caramella or ‘candy’ in Italian is a wheatwine aged in Larceny Wheated Bourbon barrels with apple, cinnamon, and natural caramel flavor added after aging. Just like last year, the sweet smoothness from the Larceny Wheated Bourbon barrels adds a lingering warmth that complements the added flavor nuance. It’s nostalgia-inducing flavors are reminiscent of a caramel apple. Our Lead Lab Analyst, Joey Tidei, created this variant as a tribute to his love of seasonal flavors. This luscious embodiment of caramel perfectly paired with a slightly-tart apple flavor will transport you to a crisp Autumn day.

Please sir, may I have another? Delicious! Perfect levels of apple and cinnamon that combine well with the larceny barrels. Sweet, but not annoyingly so. Sipped while decorating the Christmas tree. Wish I had another to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Next up on the list of BCBS variants:

2020 Bourbon County Brand Caramella Wheatwine
    Wheat Whine
    14.6% ABV
    60 IBU
    Caramella or ‘candy’ in Italian is a wheatwine aged in Larceny Wheated Bourbon barrels with apple, cinnamon, and natural caramel flavor added after aging. Just like last year, the sweet smoothness from the Larceny Wheated Bourbon barrels adds a lingering warmth that complements the added flavor nuance. It’s nostalgia-inducing flavors are reminiscent of a caramel apple. Our Lead Lab Analyst, Joey Tidei, created this variant as a tribute to his love of seasonal flavors. This luscious embodiment of caramel perfectly paired with a slightly-tart apple flavor will transport you to a crisp Autumn day.

Please sir, may I have another? Delicious! Perfect levels of apple and cinnamon that combine well with the larceny barrels. Sweet, but not annoyingly so. Sipped while decorating the Christmas tree. Wish I had another to enjoy.
    Sounds quite different than the "plain" 2019 version. We'll see if any of the devildeac family members captured this species last month.

ATTN: amusedcupcake

Thanks again for hosting our Christmas/holiday extravaganza on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. Your duty is *almost* complete; you now have to nominate/find/coerce/beg/plead/cajole a volunteer to host the January, 2021 event. Don't hesitate reaching out to any of us here for suggestions/ideas/possible nominees...

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I prefer -
    After nine days, I let the horse run free,
    because the desert had turned to sea.

After nine days, I let the horse run free,
    because the desert had turned to sea.
    No name, amirite?

No name, amirite?
    U B!

Hmm, a free evening after a weekend of being on call. Considering what to put on the agenda...

Hmm, a free evening after a weekend of being on call. Considering what to put on the agenda...
    Is a shot on your agenda soon?

Is a shot on your agenda soon?
    Yeah, dd. Don’t throw away your shot ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I'm gonna start the RVA/NC beer parade with...

our daily pils-Basic City Beer Company

Close to local for the mule who bought/brought it; a Waynesboro, VA product.

Credit-Nrrrrvous; thanks, with extra credit to RJ199 who delivered it
    Style-unfiltered pilsner
    Format-12 ounce can
    Consumption vessel-US Open stein
    Appearance-clear, light yellow; meringue-y, foamy head; pretty darn clean for being unfiltered
    Nose-traditional pils with some flowers and lightly toasted bread
    Mouthfeel-soft
    Tastes-flowers, light caramel, sourdough bread, a bit of corn syrup
    IBU-probably 30
    ABV-4.8%
    Overall impression-simple, basic and tasty; good pairing with a spicy chicken/mixed greens salad
    Ymm, Beer rating-easy cat 2+; not exciting but about everything I'd expect for the style; reminded me of Foothills' Torch and OB's Mama's Little Yella Pils

I'm gonna start the RVA/NC beer parade with...

our daily pils-Basic City Beer Company

Close to local for the mule who bought/brought it; a Waynesboro, VA product.

Credit-Nrrrrvous; thanks, with extra credit to RJ199 who delivered it
    Style-unfiltered pilsner
    Format-12 ounce can
    Consumption vessel-US Open stein
    Appearance-clear, light yellow; meringue-y, foamy head; pretty darn clean for being unfiltered
    Nose-traditional pils with some flowers and lightly toasted bread
    Mouthfeel-soft
    Tastes-flowers, light caramel, sourdough bread, a bit of corn syrup
    IBU-probably 30
    ABV-4.8%
    Overall impression-simple, basic and tasty; good pairing with a spicy chicken/mixed greens salad
    Ymm, Beer rating-easy cat 2+; not exciting but about everything I'd expect for the style; reminded me of Foothills' Torch and OB's Mama's Little Yella Pils
    Sounds like a great one to start the week! They took over a local spot here in RVA that had a "not so great" brewery in it for a couple years so it's taken me a little time to get over my initial distrust of them. The other problem is that they are right next door to one of my faves - Legend. I find it hard to go elsewhere when I'm so close to Legend...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."