Page 1091 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 915919911041108110891090109110921093110111411191 ... LastLast
Results 21,801 to 21,820 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    And the answer is...

https://ballotpedia.org/How_and_when...ized%3F_(2020)

Perhaps Kellyanne Conway left the WH staff as lead counsel because the WH lacked understanding of the law?
    She was a “counselor”/“senior counselor” to the president. They might sound like it, but those roles are not legal-counsel roles, although she does have a JD. And regardless, I would not want to try to defend in court the proposition that she had a demonstrated grasp of the law that was superior to those around her in this White House.

Copy; thanks! Thought maybe she was back in the limelight for some reason I'd missed.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    One step forward, two steps back, tweet some drivel, that's how you do the DJT shuffle:

Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous “80,000,000 votes” were not fraudulently or illegally obtained. When you see what happened in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia & Milwaukee, massive voter fraud, he’s got a big unsolvable problem!
    Isn’t this exactly what state certification means? Validating the votes for each candidate? So as ridiculous as this sounds, Biden can say “yup, done that.”

I know no one wants this to turn into even more of a poo throwing contest, but I wonder what it would be like if Trump had to play defense to someone doing the same thing to him. “Who is more likely to cheat, the career civil servant who has won and lost many elections, or the unexpected outsider who has a core identify of never losing, who has said he would win at all costs, who has caused polling anomalies in the last two elections that were not present in the mid-terms, and whose party controls most state apparatuses- where is the proof that votes for him aren’t fraudulent?” Note that I don’t believe this nor do I think it would be a good strategy for Dems, just pointing out that Trump would have no defense if his line of attack was turned against him.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'm not going to link it but Trump tweeted this afternoon that Biden can't take office unless he proves his votes weren't fraudulent.

Seriously. Some weapons-grade delusion at work here.
    Can you imagine if the results had been flipped? Those almost 8M votes would not only all be totally legit, but the final number would be carved into the White House cornerstone.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Isn’t this exactly what state certification means? Validating the votes for each candidate? So as ridiculous as this sounds, Biden can say “yup, done that.”

I know no one wants this to turn into even more of a poo throwing contest, but I wonder what it would be like if Trump had to play defense to someone doing the same thing to him. “Who is more likely to cheat, the career civil servant who has won and lost many elections, or the unexpected outsider who has a core identify of never losing, who has said he would win at all costs, who has caused polling anomalies in the last two elections that were not present in the mid-terms, and whose party controls most state apparatuses- where is the proof that votes for him aren’t fraudulent?” Note that I don’t believe this nor do I think it would be a good strategy for Dems, just pointing out that Trump would have no defense if his line of attack was turned against him.
    I think the Lincoln Project could have a field day with this but as you correctly noted, they like everyone else on that side is taking the high road and largely moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I think the Lincoln Project could have a field day with this but as you correctly noted, they like everyone else on that side is taking the high road and largely moving on.
    It does seem that any response just lends credence to the insanity.

I'm sure Don will try to short sheet Joe's bed on the way out.

LOL

Kayly McEnany: The Trump-appointed appellate judge in PA "misunderstood the argument".

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    LOL

Kayly McEnany: The Trump-appointed appellate judge in PA "misunderstood the argument".
    Which means Trump has bad lawyers and they should be fired

There’s an interesting profile on the GA Sec of State in AJC, his experience the last few weeks and how few friends he suddenly has in his conservative Christian circles. He was an early supporter of Trump. Now he’s labeled an “enemy of the people” and the vulgar death threats have not surprisingly followed. He still says his team lost and that he wanted Trump to win. There’s a magnanimity there (or refusal to make his true feelings known) that I wouldn’t be able to muster in similar circumstances. Worth a read.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/what-co...KVR2WEGHWGKDM/

There’s an interesting profile on the GA Sec of State in AJC, his experience the last few weeks and how few friends he suddenly has in his conservative Christian circles.
    With “friends” like those who needs enemies?

There’s an interesting profile on the GA Sec of State in AJC, his experience the last few weeks and how few friends he suddenly has in his conservative Christian circles. He was an early supporter of Trump. Now he’s labeled an “enemy of the people” and the vulgar death threats have not surprisingly followed. He still says his team lost and that he wanted Trump to win. There’s a magnanimity there (or refusal to make his true feelings known) that I wouldn’t be able to muster in similar circumstances. Worth a read.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/what-co...KVR2WEGHWGKDM/
    I can't even imagine how much he must hate Trump right now. To be accused of incompitence and fraud by the people you were backing is just the worst betrayal... sigh.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Classless to the end. Anyone surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Classless to the end. Anyone surprised?
    Why in the world.i expect after this show dies down a bit.the Gop will be distancing itself from Djt as fast as possible.atleast i hope so.

Wait. Who called it?!?! Someone on DBR predicted this!

Imagine how much money he’ll be able to feed his PAC over the next four years -- which in turn he’ll be able to use to feed himself and his family by “campaigning” for four years.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Sidney Powell

This explains it all:

Powell became known as a young woman in a hurry. In 1979, after she had completed a bachelor’s degree at the University of North Carolina in just 21 months and swiftly passed through UNC’s law school, a local newspaper illustrated a story on her with a cartoon of Powell racing across the graduation day stage in a high-speed blur, her cap trailing behind.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...15d_story.html

Wait. Who called it?!?! Someone on DBR predicted this!
    I did, although maybe not the first.

PA Supreme Court throwing a shutout against the GOP and Trump campaign. This evening they ruled against the latest lawsuit in which the GOP tried to argue that the republican-led state legislature that passed the new voter law in 2019 did so illegally and therefore all mail-in votes should be invalidated. Problem is, they only had six months to raise an objection (against their own legislation) and challenge its constitutionality. Also seems the judges told the GOP lawyers effectively to go home and not to come back.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/28/polit...ase/index.html

Also, I keep learning new words from these opinions. Tonight’s word is cavil. As in “It is beyond cavil that Petitioners failed to act with due diligence in presenting the instant claim.”
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block