Page 1087 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 875879871037107710851086108710881089109711371187 ... LastLast
Results 21,721 to 21,740 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    After all, they got nobody to love. So don't pile on.
    I was a little five foot nothing point guard in high school. And I constantly had people say things about my height and I wondered if it was supposed to bother me. I mean, I own a mirror and I stand beside people on a regular basis. I am aware of my size. If someone said something to me I always thought it was funny. Marco did not seem to have that same reaction. Nor did Mayor Bloomberg. And I would have pointed out that Trump somehow stands like a centaur, but the back part of the horse seems to be missing. Google that.

After all, they got nobody to love. So don't pile on.
    Randy Newman!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I was a little five foot nothing point guard in high school. And I constantly had people say things about my height and I wondered if it was supposed to bother me. I mean, I own a mirror and I stand beside people on a regular basis. I am aware of my size. If someone said something to me I always thought it was funny. Marco did not seem to have that same reaction. Nor did Mayor Bloomberg. And I would have pointed out that Trump somehow stands like a centaur, but the back part of the horse seems to be missing. Google that.
    Oh, the back of the horse was there.

Oh, the back of the horse was there.
    Now Google spit-take.

Trump pardoned another Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Saw that. I guess he is saying "Job well done Comrade."?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The self-pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    The self-pardon?
    Flynn. I do think he self pardons. There is some disagreement over whether or not a self pardon is permissible, but I think that is what happens.

Flynn. I do think he self pardons. There is some disagreement over whether or not a self pardon is permissible, but I think that is what happens.
    I still think he resigns and Pence does it. *rump would have to acknowledge that he won’t be in office after January 20 first, though.

Isn't part of the pardon process an admission of guilt on the part of the person pardoned? Or at least a presumption of guilt?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Isn't part of the pardon process an admission of guilt on the part of the person pardoned? Or at least a presumption of guilt?
    Do you foresee that being a problem? From what I’ve seen these past five years Don has no trouble admitting guilt. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Do you foresee that being a problem? From what I’ve seen these past five years Don has no trouble taking credit. 😉
    FIFY

FIFY
    Thank you, my friend. You done good. ✅

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Thank you, my friend. You done good. ✅
    Hahaha!

No. At least not at the Presidential level.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    No. At least not at the Presidential level.
    Whatever the pardon process, the President's right to grant reprieves or pardons is absolute:

The pardon powers of the President are based on Article Two of the United States Constitution (Section 2, Clause 1), which provides:

The President ... shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment.

The U.S. Supreme Court has interpreted this language to include the power to grant pardons, conditional pardons, commutations of sentence, conditional commutations of sentence, remissions of fines and forfeitures, respites, and amnesties.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Whatever the pardon process, the President's right to grant reprieves or pardons is absolute:
    Sorry if someone else said this but when you are pardoned you lose you right to plead the fifth...

Would the Dems subpoena Flint now?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Sorry if someone else said this but when you are pardoned you lose you right to plead the fifth...

Would the Dems subpoena Flint now?
    My inclination is Dems recognize that any push to go after Trump is something best left to the states. There is no appetite for this at the federal level.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My inclination is Dems recognize that any push to go after Trump is something best left to the states. There is no appetite for this at the federal level.
    Which, IMHO, there shouldn't be. We don't prosecute our political rivals in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Which, IMHO, there shouldn't be. We don't prosecute our political rivals in this country.
    Concur.