Page 1643 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 643114315431593163316411642164316441645165316931743 ... LastLast
Results 32,841 to 32,860 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    We had this one last night. Agree to all in fuse's stellar review.

Curtains V is mid Category 3. I thought the Weapon was even better. But these beers are class of their own and so only fair to compare with each other. They're similar so fun head-to-head. Thanks accfan!
    That settles it; tomorrow night The Weapon will start off the post-call beverages, assuming I'm able to pair it with a mixed green salad, berries, bleu cheese, apple chunks and an apple cider vinaigrette dressing. If not, I'll make it a dessert or nightcap.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Well, now in year 3 or 4 of the lazy gardener hop crop experiment.

Pretty sure these are cascade.

Smell quite nice.

Attachment 11682

Attachment 11683
    Nice! I plan to start growing hops this coming spring.

Well, now in year 3 or 4 of the lazy gardener hop crop experiment.

Pretty sure these are cascade.

Smell quite nice.

Attachment 11682

Attachment 11683
    Those even look fragrant!!

Now, grow a few more and you can start selling them to duketaylor who says he's going to crank up his home-brewing again.

Quote Originally Posted by beergoddess View Post
    In a word, yummmm

Thanks so much, ACCfan!

"We like grapey, but not overly grapey." I'll be impressed if you can identify which of my favorite movies this comes from...
    I'm not able to answer your question, but ClemmonsDevil still would like to hear the origin of the beergoddess name, no matter "Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?"

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Nice! I plan to start growing hops this coming spring.
    Annnnnnnd, if duketaylor doesn't buy your crop, perhaps mattman will...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm not able to answer your question, but ClemmonsDevil still would like to hear the origin of the beergoddess name, no matter "Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?"
    As I recall, the name was suggested by none other than devildeac himself; my hubby liked it, and the rest is history

Veil The Weapon

Another fascinating pour, somewhere between raspberry oil and raspberry puree.

Outside of Guinness or nitrogen charged beer, never seen a beer with a “reverse head” before.

Poured like ink, and then transformed into sort of raspberry sludge generating about a quarter inch silly dense magenta head.

Smells kinda funky, can’t place it. There is almost a mintiness to the nose.

Straining raspberries is only so effective.
    If a chunky beer turns you off, look elsewhere.
    In this case, that would be your mistake.

Tastes like raspberry yogurt.

There is a bracing tartness, which is welcome, and not shocking.

Veil simply brews unique beer, which really don’t invite comparison as there is not much out there that I have experienced that is comparable.

What a loss it would be if breweries like Veil didn’t push the boundaries of what is beer.

This, and Curtains V are lethal. Its simply unfair to package something so high ABV in such a luscious package.

Simply. Amazing.

Skol!🍻

And another hearty thank you accfanfrom1970!

Rinse, lather...

Rinse, lather...
    Ymm, Shampoo is a different thread entirely.
    Please don’t drink your shampoo. 🤪

As I recall, the name was suggested by none other than devildeac himself; my hubby liked it, and the rest is history
    The rest of the story (from memory of texts exchanged many months ago):

RJ199: "Ok, my wife will meet you and Tripping William at his office parking lot tomorrow about 100 PM."
    dd: "Sounds great. I really appreciate your wife serving as your/our beer mule but I will NEVER refer to her as such."
    RJ199: "What do you suggest then?"
    dd: "Well, I think it wouldn't be kind to call her a beer porter either."
    RJ199: "Yea, that's a no-go, too."
    dd: "How about 'the beergoddess' for future texting?"
    RJ199: "Perfect!"
    dd: "Of course, y'all know now she HAS to register on Ymm, Beer as 'the beergoddess" to accompany TheLoveNinja."
    RJ199: "I'll see if I'm able to convince her."

And, another star poster on Ymm, Beer is born.

ATTN: RJ199; if anything above differs from your recollections, please correct.

Ymm, Shampoo is a different thread entirely.
    Please don’t drink your shampoo. 🤪
    But, but, but, there's such a nice, foamy head...

Hardywood Blackberry Cobbler

Another tale of two pours.
    First pour generates something that looks like a rose wine with a lacy white head.
    Second pour is chunky and murky, more like a dark ruby red grapefruit juice hazy IPA.

Nose is sour, sour, sour, and a bit funky.

An interesting contrast after Veil’s The Weapon.

Blackberry jam start leads to a nice, wheaty finish which balances out the sweetness of the blackberry brilliantly.

Another hearty thank you to accfanfrom1970!

Skol! 🍻

The rest of the story (from memory of texts exchanged many months ago):

RJ199: "Ok, my wife will meet you and Tripping William at his office parking lot tomorrow about 100 PM."
    dd: "Sounds great. I really appreciate your wife serving as your/our beer mule but I will NEVER refer to her as such."
    RJ199: "What do you suggest then?"
    dd: "Well, I think it wouldn't be kind to call her a beer porter either."
    RJ199: "Yea, that's a no-go, too."
    dd: "How about 'the beergoddess' for future texting?"
    RJ199: "Perfect!"
    dd: "Of course, y'all know now she HAS to register on Ymm, Beer as 'the beergoddess" to accompany TheLoveNinja."
    RJ199: "I'll see if I'm able to convince her."

And, another star poster on Ymm, Beer is born.

ATTN: RJ199; if anything above differs from your recollections, please correct.
    verified

Big Boss Seabee Gosè

Took a flyer on this while also grabbing a bottle of Hell’s Belle. Poured nice & foamy. Brewed with some coriander and pink sea salt. Really good balance of saltiness and tartness. Fairly mouth-watering, too. 4% ABV. Solid Cat 2. I liked this quite a lot.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

In a word, yummmm

Thanks so much, ACCfan!

"We like grapey, but not overly grapey." I'll be impressed if you can identify which of my favorite movies this comes from...
    You could google the quote, but for beergoddess and Tripping William I'll reveal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4_UfKQbho

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Big Boss Seabee Gosè

Took a flyer on this while also grabbing a bottle of Hell’s Belle. Poured nice & foamy. Brewed with some coriander and pink sea salt. Really good balance of saltiness and tartness. Fairly mouth-watering, too. 4% ABV. Solid Cat 2. I liked this quite a lot.
    Ahh, after checking some archives, I note I enjoyed this about 15 months ago. Quite refreshing during the summer of 2019.

You could google the quote, but for beergoddess and Tripping William I'll reveal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4_UfKQbho
    You probably just posted that because of Winn-Dixie ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

It's been a while since beer has been wagered. But beer has been wagered, and not even by me. I already have a pie bet on this election which is enough.

Who wins Ohio is the bet. If Biden wins Ohio, a regular poster to this thread will get paid a 12 pack of beer. If Trump wins Ohio that poster will buy the winner a 6 pack of beer. Sorry devildeac, there was no mention of consult fees in the terms, and you certainly have Ohio beer connections/knowledge.

Bet was placed by PM, so not my place to divulge identities. Just glad somebody will win some good beer.

It's been a while since beer has been wagered. But beer has been wagered, and not even by me. I already have a pie bet on this election which is enough.

Who wins Ohio is the bet. If Biden wins Ohio, a regular poster to this thread will get paid a 12 pack of beer. If Trump wins Ohio that poster will buy the winner a 6 pack of beer. Sorry devildeac, there was no mention of consult fees in the terms, and you certainly have Ohio beer connections/knowledge.

Bet was placed by PM, so not my place to divulge identities. Just glad somebody will win some good beer.
    If you'd like me to be the secret agent next month while we're in Ohio, I'm available to either party for suggestions and/or purchasing. (yes, I typed that)

If you'd like me to be the secret agent next month while we're in Ohio, I'm available to either party for suggestions and/or purchasing. (yes, I typed that)
    I expect there to be more and more crossover between the presidential thread and this one as Nov 3 approaches. At the end of the day (or week, or month, or year) we'll know the elected president. Hopefully everyone can come back together whoever he is. I'll drink to that and before that.

But a beer bet deserved a mention in this thread. Can't have a good horse race without a few fun small-stakes wagers.