Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Money, of course, is a HUGE reason for having divisions, so you can have two division champs, then a playoff game...they won't be giving that up easily...
    Divisions are not required for a championship game to occur. For that matter, neither is the prior minimum of 12 teams (the Big XII Minus IV Plus II took care of that).

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Divisions are not required for a championship game to occur. For that matter, neither is the prior minimum of 12 teams (the Big XII Minus IV Plus II took care of that).
    Indeed...however I think a championship game makes more sense with a two division format...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Money, of course, is a HUGE reason for having divisions, so you can have two division champs, then a playoff game...they won't be giving that up easily...
    Well, the Big 12, since 2017, has had a playoff between its two top teams, despite having only ten teams. The ACC -- this season -- has 15 teams; other times, 14. The ACC won't be denied a conference championship playoff and will play one this year on some Saturday in December, Deo volente.

And, of course, Austin Deveil beat me to it.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    My apologies for derailing the NCSU game thread by expressing my disappointment about watching this game on TV. It's only 7-10 minutes from my house.

I will offer one OT thought. Most ACC schools probably would be happier with a 3+5 or 4+4 format than divisions if we can do it. Most Big 10 and a few SEC schools probably feel the same way. I think divisions are probably toast in 2021 and beyond.

Doesn't NCSU play the same base defense as Syracuse?

We can win this game if touchdowns > turnovers. We can't be -4 or -5 in that department and win.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    My apologies for derailing the NCSU game thread by expressing my disappointment about watching this game on TV. It's only 7-10 minutes from my house.

I will offer one OT thought. Most ACC schools probably would be happier with a 3+5 or 4+4 format than divisions if we can do it. Most Big 10 and a few SEC schools probably feel the same way. I think divisions are probably toast in 2021 and beyond.

We can win this game if touchdowns > turnovers. We can't be -4 or -5 in that department and win.
    I agree with all of that. Regular games with NCSU, even with home games being less frequent than they were 15 years ago, are better than somehow feeling like we need to preserve home-and-home series forever with newcomers like Pitt.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post

I'm with you. I waited 11 years to go back to Carter-Finley since the last game there, and I'm now actually closer to C-F than I am to WW. I'll miss being there (as I have been every game so far this year.)

Let's have the only turnovers State gets be from Pillsbury. We do that, we win the bake off, I mean game.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Here are the TV channels carrying the game:
    https://theacc.com/sports/2020/10/8/...U_NCSU_20.aspx

I would not expect a blackout map to be available. Roughly speaking, if you are in the conference footprint, your options is your local RSN from the list above or the online service associated with it. Those outside the area will have those options as well as ESPN College Extra if your provider carries it and ESPN3 online as part of WatchESPN functionality.
    We have been assigned DirecTV 791 on ESPN College Extra. If your provider carries that package and you are outside the conference footprint, the game will be on the fourth channel set up for those games. One thing that is always unclear until the event is whether that channel will carry the start of the game if Liberty-Syracuse runs into the timeslot.

Uniform: white helmet with black Iron D, white jersey, blue pants.
    Bob Green

I predict the Pack wins by 71 points. I might be wrong...maybe it was 17 points. The vision is not clear.

I fear that our view may be clouded by how distinctly awful Syracuse is. Hope I'm wrong.

Waiting for a fun, but worthless Bob Green prediction ()...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I predict the Pack wins by 71 points. I might be wrong...maybe it was 17 points. The vision is not clear.
    Never done a pie bet, but I’ll take Duke and 71 points.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I'm convinced even RJ199 wouldn't agree to *that* bet.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Waiting for a fun, but worthless Bob Green prediction ()...
    Assuming Duke values the ball...

Duke 34, N.C. State 31
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I've never done one either, and my spidey sense is telling me this shouldn't be my first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Assuming Duke values the ball...

Duke 34, N.C. State 31
    I see you're hedging, especially with my middle name, the first 3 letters in the first word of your post.

In honor of Thad Lewis, I predict Duke 41, NCS 37. Go Devils!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    In honor of Thad Lewis, I predict Duke 41, NCS 37. Go Devils!
    Thad Lewis, as unbelievable as it sounds, is tougher than Patrick Davidson.

Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

State 35 Duke 24..sorry..Just not feeling it this week..

PackMan 31
    OzzieMan 17

We'll be playing on the road in front of 57,583 x .07 wildly enthusiastic fans (plus cut-outs) and we still haven't improved the TO problem/s.