RIP Regis Philbin

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/regi...192305811.html

To me this one isn't so much a "awwww I will miss him" as much as it is a "how could he be old enough to die?!?!"

Wait... he was 88. I swear, he was still a prominent TV host like 5 years ago, wasn't he? (I checked and it was 2011, it just feels like more recent than that).

-Jason "Regis holds one of the coolest Guinness World Records around... most hours on TV in a lifetime... " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

RIP Regis. Somewhat on topic: Dana Carvey is running out of living people to impersonate.

Andy Rooney (d. 2011)
    Casey Kasem (d. 2014)
    Mickey Rooney (d. 2014)
    John McLaughlin (d. 2016)
    George Michael (d. 2016)
    Garry Shandling (d. 2016)
    Abe Vigoda (d. 2016)
    George H. W. Bush (d. 2018)
    Robin Leach (d. 2018)
    Ross Perot (d. 2019)
    Kirk Douglas (d. 2020)
    Regis Philbin (d. 2020)

I'd worry about Paul McCartney, but Dana Carvey has also impersonated Dick Cheney and Keith Richards, both of whom will live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    RIP Regis. Somewhat on topic: Dana Carvey is running out of living people to impersonate.

Andy Rooney (d. 2011)
    Casey Kasem (d. 2014)
    Mickey Rooney (d. 2014)
    John McLaughlin (d. 2016)
    George Michael (d. 2016)
    Garry Shandling (d. 2016)
    Abe Vigoda (d. 2016)
    George H. W. Bush (d. 2018)
    Robin Leach (d. 2018)
    Ross Perot (d. 2019)
    Kirk Douglas (d. 2020)
    Regis Philbin (d. 2020)

I'd worry about Paul McCartney, but Dana Carvey has also impersonated Dick Cheney and Keith Richards, both of whom will live forever.
    Canifinish canifinish

Is that his final answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is that his final answer?
    I suspected somebody would post this. Prolly too soon, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/regi...192305811.html

To me this one isn't so much a "awwww I will miss him" as much as it is a "how could he be old enough to die?!?!"

Wait... he was 88. I swear, he was still a prominent TV host like 5 years ago, wasn't he? (I checked and it was 2011, it just feels like more recent than that).

-Jason "Regis holds one of the coolest Guinness World Records around... most hours on TV in a lifetime... " Evans
    RIP Regis. For whatever reason I have always been a huge fan - I vividly recall watching his morning show in NY before it went national, even though I was a kid at the time. He always struck me as a very down-to-earth, genuinely nice guy who could laugh at himself, a skill that is not appreciated enough in the world today. He will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    RIP Regis. For whatever reason I have always been a huge fan - I vividly recall watching his morning show in NY before it went national, even though I was a kid at the time. He always struck me as a very down-to-earth, genuinely nice guy who could laugh at himself, a skill that is not appreciated enough in the world today. He will be missed.
    I loved Who Wants to be a Millionaire. The music was probably cheesy, but I rooted like hell for the contestants and couldn't turn an episode off. Regis was brilliant at his craft in everything he did.