Page 1356 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 356856125613061346135413551356135713581366140614561856 ... LastLast
Results 27,101 to 27,120 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

From 1/22/15:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Skillet Donut Stout-Burial Beer Company

Dark fudge coffee. Or maybe coffee infused dark chocolate fudge. I divided this 750 ml capped bottle that was delivered last week over the last couple nights. Poured a slightly thin, almost black hue with a huge coffee nose from the 50/50 blend of cold pressed Hologram and Big Trouble coffees from Counter Culture Coffee (as stated on Burial's website). Bottle says 9 malts, website says 6-row Pale malt, along with Nugget hops, oats, milk sugar (lactose), molasses, and surprisingly, no chocolate. But this sure tastes like semi-sweet dark chocolate morsels with a handful of raisins. I think they serve this at the brewery with a chocolate donut hole. It'd also be delicious with any other chocolate or caramel dessert or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Liquid dessert also works. Comparable to Founder's Breakfast Stout but not quite in the same league as their KBS, but you never know what a few months of bourbon barrel aging might do to this ale. IBUs stated as 60 and ABV at 8% and served at about 50-55 degrees as suggested on the bottle. They claim this will be canned in early 2015 so I can imagine the demand for this may be rather high.

Attachment 4653
    From Sunday night, treating myself after National Doughnut Day and on National Chocolate Ice Cream Day:

Skillet Donut Stout-Burial Beer Company

Credit-last beer from my March 15% off spending spree
    Style-flavored imperial milk stout
    Format-pint can; better price point than the 750s
    Freshness-<shrugs>
    Stemware-snifter
    Appearance-onyx; billowy, dark tan head after a vigorous pour
    Nose-"pass the cream and sugar, please;" oh, wait, it has milk sugars already
    Mouthfeel-smooth, almost fudgy
    Tastes-rich coffee, dark chocolate, raisins, dates, figs, dark caramel, molasses, char
    Adjuncts-lactose, oats and lots of coffee
    IBU-60 sounds right
    ABV-still 8%
    Overall impression-superbly executed; the only think missing was a chocolate doughnut and that's on me
    Ymm, Beer rating-solid cat 3; highly recommended at about $5/can or perhaps a bit less; stand alone dessert or with a caramel or chocolate pastry
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And how friendly they are. I wish I could experience it with SonPK too, but it is not likely to be in the cards.

C'est la vie. (Which is French for, "this virus sucks but all in all I'm complaining about a first world minor problem").

(I think. I never studied French).
    I share your pain. Great memories from 2016 as we attended with our younger daughter, her husband and his father at the end of the devildeacs' Midwest beercation, err, Duke football tour. We were planning something similar this year with our son and his wife from Ohio, along with above daughter and spouse, currently with a Chicago address.

Bottle Rev's featured brewery for tomorrow with discounted half pints, pints and growlers. Any comments about any of the following products:

"This Wednesday we are featuring Fonta Flora! Fonta Flora makes great beers across all styles. We’ve got 3 great beers that really showcase their range: Alpha v Beta Carotene IPA, Darwin’s Forehead Porter & Lake James Life Lager.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Next in the Lager Virtual Pub

Fonta Flora Lake James Lime Lager

Because nothing says coronavirus quite like a lime lager. 3.8% ABV, so a real porch-pounder. Pours with a hint of green (think Sauvignon Blanc). The lime notes are really nicely blended. Very crisp. You could shotgun this without difficulty. A lot like Uinta’s similar offering, and maybe better. Very solid Cat 2.
    Bottle Rev's featured brewery for tomorrow with discounted half pints, pints and growlers. Any comments about any of the following products:

"This Wednesday we are featuring Fonta Flora! Fonta Flora makes great beers across all styles. We’ve got 3 great beers that really showcase their range: Alpha v Beta Carotene IPA, Darwin’s Forehead Porter & Lake James Life Lager.
    My earlier thoughts on Lake James Lime (I think it "Lime," not "Life") Lager.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

My earlier thoughts on Lake James Lime (I think it "Lime," not "Life") Lager.
    I thought that sounded a bit familiar. Thanks for re-posting!

Random glassware question for the day:

For you, is a frosted mug good, bad, or indifferent?

For me, now, its a (learned) bad thing.

There was a point in time where I considered a frosted mug a good thing, and that was when I was drinking cheap beer.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    For me, now, its a (learned) bad thing.

There was a point in time where I considered a frosted mug a good thing, and that was when I was drinking cheap beer.
    Excellent question.

What fuse said.

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...with-your-beer

Gimme clean/rinsed/dry/room temp glassware. Please.

Hardywood Gingerbread Porter (no typo) was quite a reward last PM after that cat 1 Atlanta beer.

Excellent question.

What fuse said.

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...with-your-beer

Gimme clean/rinsed/dry/room temp glassware. Please.
    So, if you want more <ahem> “foam” (I almost used another term, but feared suffering the fate of the Laughter thread), use a frosted mug??

So, if you want more <ahem> “foam” (I almost used another term, but feared suffering the fate of the Laughter thread), use a frosted mug??
    Indeed.

"...your frosty mug is not enhancing your beer-drinking experience."

Indeed.

"...your frosty mug is not enhancing your beer-drinking experience."
    Unless you drink Olde Frothingslosh.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/410/21465/?ba

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Unless you drink Olde Frothingslosh.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/410/21465/?ba
    I've heard of that beer before but not quite sure I want to look at the beeradvocate rating, thinking it *might* be on some Ycch, Beer lists and/or threads...

I've heard of that beer before but not quite sure I want to look at the beeradvocate rating, thinking it *might* be on some Ycch, Beer lists and/or threads...

But it is The Beer With the Foam on the Bottom.

With WRAL reporting the situation, I no longer have to be cagey about Brewery Bhavana:

https://www.wral.com/Brewery-bhavana...duct/19135310/

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    But it is The Beer With the Foam on the Bottom.
    Ok, I finally looked at beeradvocate. Here's the worst review, coming in at 1.47 out of 5:

"This beer was created as a joke, just google the beer name to get plenty of background. The back of the can describes a bit of the history and how it was created by Rege Cordic a radio DJ in Pittsburgh. The history states that the pale stale ale with the foam on the bottom was like no other ever brewed...so light the beer floated on top of the foam; so pale, the first few cases fainted; so dry, like a dusty, man and musty; flexible, you bet, certified to fit any shape glass without bending at all. Their first model for the can was a 300 pound go go dancer, but then moved to the cartoonish impression of Rege Cordic.

On to the beer. Pours a dark straw yellow with a foamy white head that fades quickly. Smell is mostly alcohol with some hints of what seems like corn, and some grain with a very strong metallic smell. It was hard to distinguish. The taste is sweet, powered by the fresh out of the can taste, a good deal of carbonation. The after taste is sweet, taste like you just bit into a nasty spoonful of corn. It has some cheap wine qualities as well. The mouthfeel is terrible, very thin and watery. with the heavy carbonation. This is hardly drinkable. For $7 for 24 cans, its the cheapest beer you are going to find and there is a good reason for it. I say stay away from this one unless you are getting for the history/story of the beer, or as a joke. Otherwise, if you are looking for a cheap beer stick to the macros and you will be better off."

"SCORE
    Poor"

I'd guess there are other lower rated beers but I'll have to do some research to find them. This discussion probably should go on the Ycch, Beer thread .

My namesake beer: WMB Conceited Genius 2.0 NEIPA

Namesake without the “genius” part, anyway. Not much to add to the earlier reviews. A darker color than some NEIPA’s. And a bit richer flavor profile. A very, very good beer. Very high Cat 2 (which means C+ ).

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    With WRAL reporting the situation, I no longer have to be cagey about Brewery Bhavana:

https://www.wral.com/Brewery-bhavana...duct/19135310/
    Sad. I had discovered that on Instagram after you mentioned it.

My namesake beer: WMB Conceited Genius 2.0 NEIPA

Namesake without the “genius” part, anyway. Not much to add to the earlier reviews. A darker color than some NEIPA’s. And a bit richer flavor profile. A very, very good beer. Very high Cat 2 (which means C+ ).
    I forget where I saw this but are you/WMB, skipping the other integers and moving on to Conceited Genius 7.0?

I forget where I saw this but are you/WMB, skipping the other integers and moving on to Conceited Genius 7.0?
    My integers shall be consecutive (although I have no idea what that means).