Page 1350 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 350850125013001340134813491350135113521360140014501850 ... LastLast
Results 26,981 to 27,000 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Just make sure that you are in a legal contact window.
    Sage advise without grousing. Legal contact or legal contract? We sorta got both things under discussion on DBR now with 2020/21/22 recruiting threads *and* Zion's mess.

However, given that this is being posted on DBR, there's NO way I'm going anywhere near a window.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Cuz if you’re not, you’ll get defenestrated. By the Russians.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sage advise without grousing. Legal contact or legal contract? We sorta got both things under discussion on DBR now with 2020/21/22 recruiting threads *and* Zion's mess.

However, given that this is being posted on DBR, there's NO way I'm going anywhere near a window.
    Damn, I wish Tripping William had slept an extra two minutes this AM as he beat me to that *window* set-up joke by OPK.

Gotta get up early on DBR (in some places, really, really early) to keep up with the erudite folks here .

Cuz if you’re not, you’ll get defenestrated. By the Russians.

Wow, you’re both in mid-day form soon after dawn. Kudos!

Damn, I wish Tripping William had slept an extra two minutes this AM as he beat me to that *window* set-up joke by OPK.

Gotta get up early on DBR (in some places, really, really early) to keep up with the erudite folks here .
    What can I say? I’m on the healthy, wealthy, and Wise Man schedule.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Ymmm, coffee!

Bows humbly. Musta been the bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch with a sliced banana I had for breakfast minutes before posting.

Sorry, no breakfast stout/s to report this AM as I ate at home and the nearest Waffle House is probably 6 miles away.

What can I say? I’m on the healthy, wealthy, and Wise Man schedule.
    Wait, I thought they didn't open until noon-ish ...

Got some traders last PM from a neighbor's beer club May delivery. He was standing curbside in front of his house holding the 3 pack at arms length as we finished our evening walk, well before our curfew took effect. Two from the Atlanta Brewing Company and the 3rd from the Alphabet Brewing Company in NYC.
    I'm sure his intentions are good and kind...

Uh-oh. Or, maybe that should be uh_no :

"Disco Inferno Lager w/Jalapeno

4% ABV Deep River Brewing Company Clayton, NC
    Jalapeno blonde beer brewed with edible glitter. It shines like your favorite sequin onesie under a disco ball! Strong jalapeno aroma and flavor with a hint of spice."

Hard pass for me.

Something bad originating from Johnston County, amirite, fuse?

Uh-oh. Or, maybe that should be uh_no :

"Disco Inferno Lager w/Jalapeno

4% ABV Deep River Brewing Company Clayton, NC
    Jalapeno blonde beer brewed with edible glitter. It shines like your favorite sequin onesie under a disco ball! Strong jalapeno aroma and flavor with a hint of spice."

Hard pass for me.

Something bad originating from Johnston County, amirite, fuse?
    Is this the first known glitter beer in the area?
    I have never tried one, thought it was a last summer flash in the pan.

I am guessing this would be similar to Birdsong Jalapeno Pale Ale.

As uninterested as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

First glitter beer I've read about in our area.

I *might* be more uninterested than you .

Looks/sounds way more inviting than a jalapeno lager:

"Wicked Pitch of the Yeast Belgian Quadrupel

12.3% ABV Hugger Mugger Brewing Company Sanford, NC"

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Hot, spicy, and glitter. I'm in.

I'll never forget flying back to college after an all-nighter last night from my first trip to Vegas. I immediately told my friends, it was incredible! One of my friends said, "Jackson you still have glitter on you. We're going!" And that day, we all booked their first trip out there staying at a Hampton Inn on Tropicana Ave for $29/night. But I'm all grown up now.

Speaking of spicy, from last night -

Dead Man Suit and Thai - Southern Pines Brewing Company - Stout - 12.1 % ABV (and I felt it), 73 IBU - "Asian-Mexican fusion pastry stout... conditioned on Thai peppers, coconut, cacao, and cinnamon."

This beer was low Category 3 for me. I really enjoyed it - thanks Devildeac! But it would definitely be Category 1 for fuse and many others. This beer is spicy as all hell. I can handle it because I'm from the OPK school of Ymm spicy insanity sauces. (Manhood is measured in Scoville units, right? Really, I'm all grown up now.) But the heat is not subtle for this pepper beer.

The aroma was amazing - high quality decadent chocolate. Why does chocolate smell and taste so much better to me in a stout that an actual chocolate dessert? I never order a chocolate cake or dessert at a restaurant.

The beer had a thick, creamy, mouthfeel where the coating chocolate actually helps balance out the high heat.

This beer is very well done, but you gotta love hot as hell balancing a nice sweet start to finish. Nice coconut and cinnamon notes. The heat is really a little too much, but it's so well-made I definitely could enjoy all the other flavors start to finish. The ABV is dangerously well-hidden and this tasty beer goes down quickly.

Fun beer! Thanks DD. Did your try this thing? If you didn't, don't. It will be too hot for you. OPK and rsvman would enjoy.

(Now to go hunt down that disco/inferno lager)...
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 06-06-2020 at 01:12 PM.

WMB haul from WMB:

Crowlers of Thrilling Daydreams DIPA (on recommendation from dd (!)) and Eternal Extraction BBA Quad; and

Four-baggers of Dance in the Sun Kölsch, Full Current gose, and my namesake NEIPA.

Reviews to follow. But it’s damn hot outside.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

Fun beer! Thanks DD. Did your try this thing? If you didn't, don't. It will be too hot for you. OPK and rsvman would enjoy.
    Don’t think rsvman will. Not because of spicy but because he doesn’t drink alcoholic beverages.

As I promised RJ199:

InterGalactic-Commonwealth Brewery

Not quite local but I get Nrrrrvous thinking about it

Credit-RJ199; thanks!!
    Style-DIPA but can't decide more NE or west coast style; I'm leaning more NEDIPA
    Stemware-Stella snifter
    Appearance-slightly hazy; modest, foamy head; yellow orange
    Mouthfeel-fruity; pithy
    Aromas-grapefruit, pineapple, peach and mango
    Tastes-see aromas; rindy/zesty bitterness
    Hops-Galaxy, Comet, Hallertau Blanc (this probably imparts the white wine/grape notes RJ199 mentioned
    IBU-might be 60
    ABV-8.7%; doesn't feel like it, yet
    Overall impression- I could drink 4 of these
    Ymm, Beer rating-low cat 3, easy; doesn't quite reach the Veil or Burial plateau but this is an excellent IIPA; will look for more Commonwealth brews
    Glad you enjoyed! I have a couple other interesting Commonwealth goses I might get into this weekend.

Don’t think rsvman will. Not because of spicy but because he doesn’t drink alcoholic beverages.

My bad. RSV recommended a delicious spicy chocolate candy bar. But yeah this 12.1 %-er wouldn't be the best one to start with. Unless...

2020 was the wrong year to quit drinking beer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmW-ScmGRMA

Tomorrow's featured brewery/taps/growler specials at Bottle Rev Lake Boone Trail:

"This Wednesday we are featuring Wiseman Brewing. Wiseman only opened a few years ago but has quickly become one of our favorite NC breweries. We’ve yet to have a beer from them we didn’t enjoy. We will have Chosen Vehicle Pale Ale along with two brand new beers: Thrilling Daydreams DIPA & New Eyes Sour with Boysenberry!"

Any of you Winston-Salem folks have any of the above 3 beers yet?
    No but can't wait to hear what T-Will thinks. I love boysenberry too; will look for that one.

Southern Pines Brewing Co. BBA Raisin Pecan Chocolate Pie

Proof that Mrs. Tripping loves me and wants me to be happy. She came home with a four-pack of 16-ounce cans. I had seen this being promoted on social media. Pours dark as night, with a thin mocha head. Big whiff of raisin and booze on the nose. Mouth-watering but “big” on the palate. The sweetness is just to the edge of cloying. Raisin notes throughout. I don’t get much pecan, but there is a little nuttiness to this beer. Solid Cat 3. And a slow sipper at 10+% ABV. Find some if you can (or I *might* be persuaded to part with one, for the right trader ).
    Count me in. Southern Pines is legit with their dessert beers. And I'm always a sucker for a good pie. Maybe I can pie bet devildeac for your last one to trade.

How did Homeboy shoot in his major? More importantly hope y'all had a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Hot, spicy, and glitter. I'm in.

I'll never forget flying back to college after an all-nighter last night from my first trip to Vegas. I immediately told my friends, it was incredible! One of my friends said, "Jackson you still have glitter on you. We're going!" And that day, we all booked their first trip out there staying at a Hampton Inn on Tropicana Ave for $29/night. But I'm all grown up now.

Speaking of spicy, from last night -

Dead Man Suit and Thai - Southern Pines Brewing Company - Stout - 12.1 % ABV (and I felt it), 73 IBU - "Asian-Mexican fusion pastry stout... conditioned on Thai peppers, coconut, cacao, and cinnamon."

This beer was low Category 3 for me. I really enjoyed it - thanks Devildeac! But it would definitely be Category 1 for fuse and many others. This beer is spicy as all hell. I can handle it because I'm from the OPK school of Ymm spicy insanity sauces. (Manhood is measured in Scoville units, right? Really, I'm all grown up now.) But the heat is not subtle for this pepper beer.

The aroma was amazing - high quality decadent chocolate. Why does chocolate smell and taste so much better to me in a stout that an actual chocolate dessert? I never order a chocolate cake or dessert at a restaurant.

The beer had a thick, creamy, mouthfeel where the coating chocolate actually helps balance out the high heat.

This beer is very well done, but you gotta love hot as hell balancing a nice sweet start to finish. Nice coconut and cinnamon notes. The heat is really a little too much, but it's so well-made I definitely could enjoy all the other flavors start to finish. The ABV is dangerously well-hidden and this tasty beer goes down quickly.

(Now to go hunt down that disco/inferno lager)...
    Thanks, will look for it! I like a good habeñero IPA so this sounds tasty.