Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Watched Old Friends Not Forgotten last night.

This show is going to go out in a special way; I have a renewed confidence of that. The Bad Batch beginning was one that has been in the wheel house for a long time, and it was ok. The Martez sister arc started out promising, but ultimately, meh. However, it led perfectly into Maul and Bo-Katan.
    And here we are. There is something special about the last four 30 minute episodes of this show; I can feel it. It's made apparent from the opening credits. I'm hoping beyond hope that these last 4 stitched together will be an intense stand alone SW experience.

PS...(Spoiler..) we likely saw the last time that Ahsoka and Anakin see each other until Rebels.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 04-18-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Since there's no longer any sports, I guess I can cancel my Sling subscription and sign-up for Disney+.
    I admit I was regretting taking advantage of the great Disney+ deal last fall, something like $50 for 2 years. I didn't get ESPN, and I was missing some Duke games.

I'm feeling better about the decision now.

I did back down my CBS All Access once I finished "Picard."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

This show is going to go out in a special way; I have a renewed confidence of that. The Bad Batch beginning was one that has been in the wheel house for a long time, and it was ok. The Martez sister arc started out promising, but ultimately, meh. However, it led perfectly into Maul and Bo-Katan.
    And here we are. There is something special about the last four 30 minute episodes of this show; I can feel it. It's made apparent from the opening credits. I'm hoping beyond hope that these last 4 stitched together will be an intense stand alone SW experience.

PS...(Spoiler..) we likely saw the last time that Ahsoka and Anakin see each other until Rebels.
    The only real shame about going back to the Darth Maul well is we know how his story ends, and that ending was almost perfect.

I’m completely onboard with more Ashoka.

My hope is there is a link between the end of Clone Wars and the dark sabre appearing in the Mandalorian.

Yeah, I'll be honest. By the end of the Martez sister arc I hated both of them. Just two awful characters, with some of the worst hair designs for characters I've ever seen to boot. This most recent episode was much better.

Spoilerizing just to be safe.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Yeah, I'll be honest. By the end of the Martez sister arc I hated both of them. Just two awful characters, with some of the worst hair designs for characters I've ever seen to boot. This most recent episode was much better.

Spoilerizing just to be safe.
    Spoiler!
    My son felt the same way about the sisters.

While the story arc was not great, it did reinforce the angle that the Jedi were not entirely altruistic or provide universally good outcomes.

Another reason why Disney could do an entire series on Coruscant and the different levels, and while I have not seen it, maybe Netflix beat Disney+ to it with the Netflix movie The Platform.

I got excited when I saw the revised opening. Hope the last three live up to expectations.

Oh, I also meant to ask, why did Ahsoka's lightsabers suddenly change colors?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Oh, I also meant to ask, why did Ahsoka's lightsabers suddenly change colors?
    Anakin suped them up, thus they've turned blue.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    The only real shame about going back to the Darth Maul well is we know how his story ends, and that ending was almost perfect.

I’m completely onboard with more Ashoka.

My hope is there is a link between the end of Clone Wars and the dark sabre appearing in the Mandalorian.
    Have you watched Rebels? The dark saber appears prominently in season 3 and season 4. Doesn't explain how it ends up where it does in Mandalorian, though.

Have any of you read Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston? It fills in what happens to Ahsoka between the end of her Clone Wars arc and her appearance in Rebels.

I really hope that Ahsoka's appearance in the Mandalorian and her potential solo spinoff would focus on her storyline from Rebels. Trying to keep it vague in case you haven't watched Rebels.

I will also echo MulletMan that you should watch Rebels if you haven't. Definitely worth it.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Have you watched Rebels? The dark saber appears prominently in season 3 and season 4. Doesn't explain how it ends up where it does in Mandalorian, though.

Have any of you read Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston? It fills in what happens to Ahsoka between the end of her Clone Wars arc and her appearance in Rebels.

I really hope that Ahsoka's appearance in the Mandalorian and her potential solo spinoff would focus on her storyline from Rebels. Trying to keep it vague in case you haven't watched Rebels.

I will also echo MulletMan that you should watch Rebels if you haven't. Definitely worth it.
    I'll third the Rebels recommendation. Personally I would say it is somewhere between 2 and 4 times as good as Clone Wars.

Rebels is great. Tried to watchResistance but it was pretty weak. Was very disappointing after Clone Wars and Rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Rebels is great. Tried to watchResistance but it was pretty weak. Was very disappointing after Clone Wars and Rebels.
    I've heard the same, and that plus my feelings about parts of the sequel trilogy have kept me from checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Resistance was way more driven towards kids, and it suffered for it. Neeku runs a strong second behind Jar Jar for me as the most annoying character in SW canon.

Resistance was way more driven towards kids, and it suffered for it. Neeku runs a strong second behind Jar Jar for me as the most annoying character in SW canon.
    You’re right about Neeku. Kaz is easily the worst protagonist in the canon as well. I only made it through Season 1 and decided to pass on Season 2 - which I rarely ever do. It’s that bad.

Tonight’s episode was 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Tonight’s episode was ����������
    Sooooo hot!!!

I noticed in the credits that Ahsoka and Maul both had two actors credited. That means they used motion capture for their duel...and that Ray Park was back in his role. Awesome!

I was thinking that the last four episodes would lead up to the events in Ep III, but with Kenobi saying that Anakin had killed Count Duku (Have to spell it that way to avoid the DBR triggers, lol), the two stories are on a parallel timeline. So cool.

Tonight’s episode was absolutely incredible. As good as anything Star Wars has produced in a long, long time. Can’t wait for the last two episodes, even if we are going to see Order 66.

That was awesome​. After the last two episodes come out I'm going to need to go back and watch the relevant Rebels episodes.

I hope eventually someone puts together some kind of Anakin/Ahsoka arc watch list together for Clone Wars.

Just watched it. Wow. Loved the lightsaber battle between Asohka and Mail.

Last two episodes should be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Tonight’s episode was absolutely incredible. As good as anything Star Wars has produced in a long, long time. Can’t wait for the last two episodes, even if we are going to see Order 66.
    So...I don't see how we won't see Order 66. That's now inevitable. And actually really welcomed, because that was like the biggest WTF moment in SW canon, with no explanation, and now we may get some...BUT...
    I'm really looking forward to seeing not only how Ahsoka (I'm a watcher, not a reader, so beyond snippets I've really no idea of her life between now and Rebels) and Rex get out. Obviously, they both do. In a way, right now, I'm more intrigued by Rex's story than Ahsoka's. We know they both live, but in a really big way, Rex is the mystery.
    How does he avoid Order 66? We're gonna find out, and really soon. I'm guessing he plays a big part in Ahsoka going underground, too.
    I have not watched Rebels since the series finale, but I am dying to start again...just to see how Filoni has stitched these story lines together.