Page 395 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495895 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sanders says he will remain on the ballot in the states that still have primaries and continue to gather delegates to influence the convention. So he will at least keep up the fight in some form or fashion through the convention in mid-August, less than three months from the general election.

Put another way — between now and the general election he will still be in longer than he will be out.
    Didn't listen to much of Sanders' remarks, but -- these days -- those dropping out "suspend their campaign" -- which has some election law implications, I believe, involving raising money and keeping money collected. Also, as mentioned, enables candidate to remain on ballots.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    This Parkinson's afflicting me has made me see things in a different light. Americans should not hate each other.Not agreeing on politics is no reason to hate people.
    Very sorry to hear you're going through a very difficult battle!

I strongly agree, politics should not breed hatred. IMO, our extreme political divide is destroying many of America's greatest assets. It's pathetic that we need a horrible disaster to get people to finally reach across the aisle and help each other. Most are great at seeing why the other side is wrong, but terrible at seeing why their side also needs substantial change. United we stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Get out and talk to people. I never pay the polls much attention. HRC was stunned she lost. I predicted here Trump would win, and he did. My formula was simple, and almost childish in its simplicity. I was still running for Fedex, so I just started paying attention to bumper stickers and yard signs, saw about a ten to one Trump advantage. Silly, I know, but it worked..lol And Joe just doesn't look good at this point, stumbling over words and looking confused. I would be shocked if Biden won.
    I am on several hunting and fishing sites, and trust me, there it's not even close.. I just hope whoever wins we can be civil to each other when it's over. This Parkinson's afflicting me has made me see things in a different light. Americans should not hate each other.Not agreeing on politics is no reason to hate people.
    Sorry to hear you are having health difficulties. All the best, Sage Grouse
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Biden (who has been, for some reason, invisible and mute)
    Huh? I saw Biden do an hour-long town hall on CNN last week and he has done extensive interviews on CNN and MSNBC in recent days. His social media team is active on Twitter. What more do you expect him to be doing given the times we are currently in?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Huh? I saw Biden do an hour-long town hall on CNN last week and he has done extensive interviews on CNN and MSNBC in recent days. His social media team is active on Twitter. What more do you expect him to be doing given the times we are currently in?
    I've been watching the evening news and have seen nothing of him in a week (same for MTP Daily) but i'm happy to hear from you that he is getting out and about. What I expect him to do is critique the status quo, and evidently you're saying he's doing that, which is good. But I don't think I'm alone in wondering what Joe is doing:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-2020-election

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I've been watching the evening news and have seen nothing of him in a week (same for MTP Daily) but i'm happy to hear from you that he is getting out and about. What I expect him to do is critique the status quo, and evidently you're saying he's doing that, which is good. But I don't think I'm alone in wondering what Joe is doing:

I'm with Budwom. There is only so much exposure a candidate can get without being on the trail. During normal times, he's be giving stump speeches, shaking hands and kissing babies...and be followed by a slew of media. We'd see him 24/7 on news web sites.
    Right now, that isn't happening, all the while Trump is front and center two or three times a day with "task force" press conferences. It's a huge difference, and it is not easy for Joe to compete with.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Please stick to the horse race...

-jk

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    I still have yet to read anything in that thread.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

That article does not at all say what you imply. It isn't wondering what Joe is doing. It's describing what he is doing, and further describing why all of the daily broadcasts and interviews are having a hard time breaking through.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You are Biden’s top strategist, what’s your advice under these circumstances? Curious what our posters think.

Trump hasn’t stopped being Trump, even in these extraordinary circumstances. I think he’s missing a political opportunity and it shows in how little his approval has moved relative to other heads of state and governors. Someone must be making that case to him but he is who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You are Biden’s top strategist, what’s your advice under these circumstances? Curious what our posters think.

Trump hasn’t stopped being Trump, even in these extraordinary circumstances. I think he’s missing a political opportunity and it shows in how little his approval has moved relative to other heads of state and governors. Someone must be making that case to him but he is who he is.
    Yes, he's missing an opportunity. Appearing on CNN and MSNBC is preaching to the choir...gotta get out to the rest of the electorate at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    They postponed it to Labor Day weekend because coronavirus. 🤣

Yes, he's missing an opportunity. Appearing on CNN and MSNBC is preaching to the choir...gotta get out to the rest of the electorate at some point.
    Are you suggesting he appear on Fox? OAN?

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    What about a non-Fox broadcast network (CBS, ABC, NBC)? I'm not a big time news watcher, but if I watch news it is almost always one of those three. Very rarely do I ever turn on CNN/MSNBC/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    What about a non-Fox broadcast network (CBS, ABC, NBC)? I'm not a big time news watcher, but if I watch news it is almost always one of those three. Very rarely do I ever turn on CNN/MSNBC/etc.
    Was just going to post the same thing.

Tiger King and presidential politics. Nothing surprises me anymore so, honestly, wondered why this hadn't happened sooner.

Not horse race but this thread can withstand the occasional curio, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I think it's interesting to consider what a legitimate advertising/media strategy for Biden would even look like. It is clear he has trouble drawing free airtime by being the uniter figure he seems to be trying to be. On the other hand, it seems unlikely that appearing on Fox is going to carry the day, either, since many of those who watch that network are undecided. So where do you go to capture the elusive center? The Big Three networks? Financial publications? Targeted social media campaigns?

What does a winning strategy look like for someone who is currently struggling to even find oxygen in the room between a global pandemic and an opponent who is so over-the-top he is natural click-bait? It's a tough question, and I sure don't have the answers.

Biggest take away from today?

Fire up the VP Vetting Bus. It's rolling out.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Why not? Several of the former Democratic candidates did Town Halls on Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Why not? Several of the former Democratic candidates did Town Halls on Fox.
    Bernie did several, to his credit. And FWIW I thought they were journalistic and not slanted.