Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Except now teams know they'll be cutting Cam if nobody trades for him, eliminating his value.
    I would imagine Cam’s career is in Jeopardy at this point anyway. Cam is an elite talent but his elite arm strength has been zapped the last two seasons because of his shoulder injuries. Now his athleticism and speed have been hampered due to his foot injury. Take away Cam’s big arm and fast feet and what do you have left?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Worst in NFL history? I'm not so sure, and I'm not sure its close. Houston didn't make out like bandits, but DJ looked the part of an elite running back early in his career and I suspect we see him return to form somewhat. You're going to be hard pressed to get a first round pick and a starting caliber RB in exchange for a WR, no matter how good he is. Cleveland way overpaid for OBJ, I thought that at the time and I think the results speak for themselves.

I'll reserve judgement until I see what they do with that 2nd rounder.
    I was being hyperbolic, but it is one of the worst. Cooper, OBJ, and Diggs all commanded 1st round picks, and Hopkins is better than all of them. David Johnson was a backup and a liability on Arizona's cap. Drake surpassed him and DJ was potentially going to get cut come training camp (and definitely would if it wasn't such a cap hit). A lot of teams would have required a pick to come along with him, per Barnwell, not dissimilar to what Houston had to pay to unload Osweiler a couple of years ago.

The Barnwell article is telling. It's just a nonsensical trade on every level.

Just to make it more stark, BoB has traded Clowney and Hopkins in the last 9 months and has zero first round picks in the next two drafts. That's astonishing.

Boston's fan base must be really down, dejected, depleted...de...there's a word I'm looking for here.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Boston's fan base must be really down, dejected, depleted...de...there's a word I'm looking for here.
    Because they lost a 42 year old QB?

Come on, no pressure, you'll come up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Come on, no pressure, you'll come up with it.
    Nah. You don't have the balls...

(Apologies to any ladies on the board for my horribad pun)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Because they lost a 42 year old QB?
    I know, right! But it's definitely like someone sucked all the air out of Boston...

Brady to Tampa Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Brady to Tampa Bay.
    I did not expect that. He'd seem out of place in pretty much any non-Pats franchise but the Bucs?!? Yeesh.

I did not expect that. He'd seem out of place in pretty much any non-Pats franchise but the Bucs?!? Yeesh.
    Pays about $4,000,000 LESS in taxes in Florida.

Pays about $4,000,000 LESS in taxes in Florida.
    Riposte: it’s Tampa.

Riposte: it’s Tampa.
    Gronk a Florida Man? Somewhere Jameis Winston is crying into his stolen super-market lobster...

Gronk a Florida Man? Somewhere Jameis Winston is crying into his stolen super-market lobster...
    Belichick just traded a retired guy and a 7th round draft pick for a 4th rounder. I get that the retired guy may turn out to be a significant player again, but he was never going to play in NE again so this was basically a 7th for a 4th for the Pats. That Bill Belichick guy might be good at this whole football thing.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Bucs fans are going to sprout up everywhere...

I'm embarrassed to admit that he was fun to watch on The Masked Singer.

Florida might have a few more distractions than Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Belichick just traded a retired guy and a 7th round draft pick for a 4th rounder. I get that the retired guy may turn out to be a significant player again, but he was never going to play in NE again so this was basically a 7th for a 4th for the Pats. That Bill Belichick guy might be good at this whole football thing.
    A retired guy, yes, but one who said if he was catching balls, it would only be for Brady. If Billy B would have played it differently, could he have had Brady and Gronk a few more years? Maybe he'll get a scrooge-style visit from the ghost of Krause past...

...not exactly comparable BUUUuuuuttttt...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Bucs fans are going to sprout up everywhere...
    If it diminishes the number of Pats fans, I'm all for it...says this Dallas fan

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I'm embarrassed to admit that he was fun to watch on The Masked Singer.
    I'm embarrassed for you to admit that, too! Nah, I kid, I kid...he's fun to watch.

Florida might have a few more distractions than Boston.
    The Tampa part of Florida, when Miami is in the South, is like ordering the chicken at Ruth's Chris...sure, it's good, but that's not why anyone goes there.

Uh, Tampa is known as one of the best places in the country for, shall we say, a certain type of club with a very casual dress code.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Uh, Tampa is known as one of the best places in the country for, shall we say, a certain type of club with a very casual dress code.
    Like a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model?