Page 1227 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 227727112711771217122512261227122812291237127713271727 ... LastLast
Results 24,521 to 24,540 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

While I enjoy a good beer from time to time, this video is a bridge too far.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dumbsheat...17905690214400

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Asking for a friend- is Hardywood GBS palate fatigue a real thing?
    I didn't tire of my complete set from last year and might have one remaining. Haven't cracked the seal on the 2019 boxed set yet but will certainly take a Fluffy to Ohio next month to do a side-by-side with the Wolf Claw Dire Wolf.

Accfanfrom1970 probably the best to ask as he's had 15+ of the GBS/variants.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Sierra Nevada Flipside Red IPA

While I am sure a side by side tasting, were it possible, would show my palate memory to be horrible, beers like this make me long for Killian’s Irish Red.

Malty, hoppy, and just right.

It’s remarkable how many underserved beer categories there are.

Asking for a friend- is Hardywood GBS palate fatigue a real thing?
    Not for me, and I bought extra bottles of several variants like the BBA GBS and the Triple GBS. I’ll cellar some. (I just drank the 2018 Rye Barrel GBS).

Mattman apparently not drinking enough Foothills beverages at the Joel yet.

Trouble determining whether Girl Scout Smores or Thin Mints go better with Sam Adams Chocolate Bock.

Standalone, the thin mint wins, no contest.
    The Smores may actually go better with the beer.

Trouble determining whether Girl Scout Smores or Thin Mints go better with Sam Adams Chocolate Bock.

I think you need another box of each to decide...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Or another Chocolate Bock .

I lost 16 pounds in January.
    February has not been as kind, two boxes of GS cookies would certainly not help.

Or another Chocolate Bock .
    Geez, it’s like you’re the 🔵😈 on my shoulder. 🍻

I lost 16 pounds in January.
    February has not been as kind, two boxes of GS cookies would certainly not help.
    Well done for January. Cancel that 2nd box of GS cookies.

Not enough beer for that &^%$show.

Yep, timer must have been set.

Not enough beer for that &^%$show.
    Truth.

Truth.
    Thinking about starting the Ymm, Grain Alcohol thread .

Thinking about starting the Ymm, Grain Alcohol thread .
    I looked at all the beers in the cellar and none had a high enough abv for last nights game.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I looked at all the beers in the cellar and none had a high enough abv for last nights game.
    Should always have one of these in reserve:

https://vocal.media/proof/the-highes...rs-you-can-buy

I'll take the blame for last night's shenanigans... I was walking out the door for work and my wife asked, "Why are you wearing a Duke polo? Don't they play tonight? You know they've lost every game on days you've worn one of your polos to work."

"It's just Wake Forest," I replied. "So it'll be a good test of your theory."

I let my SlingTV subscription lapse because this was the last game of the year on ACCN, so watching the play by play gamecast update on ESPN was the most frustrating experience I've had in a while. I finally took said polo off midway through the first OT and thought we were in the clear when Stones sent it to 2OT. I was mistaken.

After regulation I cracked open Hello Barkness My Old Friend - 14% ABV BBA Imperial Stout - Transiant Artisan Ales. This thing was so good it was almost like the beer gods were battling the basketball gods to bring balance to the universe.. Salted Caramel, cacao nibs, vanilla, Tugboat coffee, and maple syrup were the main ingredients and each flavor was identifiable. Tier 3, made-me-think-of-moving-up-to-SWMichigan-just-to-be-closer-to-Transiant type of beer.

To lick my wounds and think back to a better time when Jon and Nolan were on the court and not wearing suits, in bed I enjoyed a Ten Year Beer - 13.6% ABV Barrel Aged English Barleywine - Revolution Brewing Company. "Aged in both bourbon and rye whiskey barrels between 12 and 24 months establishes a base of stone fruit, vanilla, and graham. A blend of sweet and tart cherries lends soft sweetness, acidity and hue." Another tier 3 beer, and I'm giddy that there are 3 more in my beer fridge.

Finally, after much deliberation between the beer and basketball gods and God god, I've entered into a pact with the big man upstairs for Lent; no beer until Easter or until we get knocked out of the big dance. Kind of a "Help Me Help You Help Me" kinda thing that may or may not be complete blasphemy. I'll probably be even more active in the thread so I can live vicariously through you all

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    I'll take the blame for last night's shenanigans... I was walking out the door for work and my wife asked, "Why are you wearing a Duke polo? Don't they play tonight? You know they've lost every game on days you've worn one of your polos to work."

"It's just Wake Forest," I replied. "So it'll be a good test of your theory."

I let my SlingTV subscription lapse because this was the last game of the year on ACCN, so watching the play by play gamecast update on ESPN was the most frustrating experience I've had in a while. I finally took said polo off midway through the first OT and thought we were in the clear when Stones sent it to 2OT. I was mistaken.

After regulation I cracked open Hello Barkness My Old Friend - 14% ABV BBA Imperial Stout - Transiant Artisan Ales. This thing was so good it was almost like the beer gods were battling the basketball gods to bring balance to the universe.. Salted Caramel, cacao nibs, vanilla, Tugboat coffee, and maple syrup were the main ingredients and each flavor was identifiable. Tier 3, made-me-think-of-moving-up-to-SWMichigan-just-to-be-closer-to-Transiant type of beer.

To lick my wounds and think back to a better time when Jon and Nolan were on the court and not wearing suits, in bed I enjoyed a Ten Year Beer - 13.6% ABV Barrel Aged English Barleywine - Revolution Brewing Company. "Aged in both bourbon and rye whiskey barrels between 12 and 24 months establishes a base of stone fruit, vanilla, and graham. A blend of sweet and tart cherries lends soft sweetness, acidity and hue." Another tier 3 beer, and I'm giddy that there are 3 more in my beer fridge.

Finally, after much deliberation between the beer and basketball gods and God god, I've entered into a pact with the big man upstairs for Lent; no beer until Easter or until we get knocked out of the big dance. Kind of a "Help Me Help You Help Me" kinda thing that may or may not be complete blasphemy. I'll probably be even more active in the thread so I can live vicariously through you all
    Great beer names. Darn shame you couldn't go to a 20-25% ABV beer or three .

OTOH, higher ABV may not have helped either.

More active in the Ymm, Beer thread? Yes, please!!

Great beer names. Darn shame you couldn't go to a 20-25% ABV beer or three .
    That's only on Dark Lord Day

Someone is going to have to host the March Virtual Brewpub in my absence... I think I'll use that day to poll the group for input on which beer I should target as my celebratory 6th title Easter beer and which I should set aside as my Arkansas/UConn/LSU/Mercer/Lehigh/MSU beer as something that will make me feel slightly better but will also ruin any future tastings of said beer (Blue Sunday Sour will always be associated with MSU, SinCity Steam Lager will always remind me of Mercer and my ruined Vegas trip, etc.)