Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Duke by 22 after 3.
    Shocking! Playing that good or is Pitt that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    Shocking! Playing that good or is Pitt that bad?
    Both.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Both.
    Pitt's 1-11 in the ACC.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Pitt's 1-11 in the ACC.
    That’s says a lot. The commentators said we had a really good 3rd quarter to pull away.

I don’t want Duke to lose but I also don’t want to see McCallie get a new contract. DWB isn’t where it could be with a good coach, not close.

Duke did a few things right tonight: 22 assists on 29 made FGs, and only 11 turnovers. Forced Pitt into 24 turnovers. One of the best OE games of the season, at almost 1.18 PPP.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I don’t want Duke to lose but I also don’t want to see McCallie get a new contract. DWB isn’t where it could be with a good coach, not close.
    We could be in the top tier with a great head coach. One more season to go with McCallie. Please do not renew her contract AD dept.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    NCSU gets to enjoy their #4 ranking for all of one week. Louisville beat them tonight.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Here's a look at the conference standings (excluding irrelevant teams). Those in bold are still on our schedule.

L'ville 11-2
    NCSU 11-2
    FSU 9-4
    Duke 8-5
    VT 8-5
    BC 7-6
    Syracuse 7-6
    UNC 7-7
    GT 7-7
    Wake Forest 6-8
    UVA 6-8

IF we manage to knock off Florida State, we would be in third place in the conference with the tie-breaker for the 3 seed. We play them in Cameron, so that helps. We also need to beat VT and the Heels to ensure that we stay there, having a two night bye for the tourney is a very real possibility. That is pretty remarkable given with how we were looking just a couple weeks ago.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Quite the predicament for Mr. White. If we make NCAA tourney, he might be inclined to renew her. Something should happen soon otherwise recruiting continues to degrade with lame duck.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Quite the predicament for Mr. White. If we make NCAA tourney, he might be inclined to renew her. Something should happen soon otherwise recruiting continues to degrade with lame duck.
    Her contract isn't up til next year. We can make the tourney, she can keep her job, and still not be renewed. She just won't be fired and the school won't lose money.
    The worst case scenario is if they make the tourney and he gives her an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Her contract isn't up til next year. We can make the tourney, she can keep her job, and still not be renewed. She just won't be fired and the school won't lose money.
    The worst case scenario is if they make the tourney and he gives her an extension.
    usually you don't want a coach on the last year of her/his contract, as it's impossible to recruit, so if she is not renewed at the end of this year, she isn't getting renewed (effectively).
    1200. DDMF.

NCSU gets to enjoy their #4 ranking for all of one week. Louisville beat them tonight.
    As with UNC, the refs let the teams get very physical and we just don't play that way. An example of two no calls that really puts us off our game...check out picture #2 and #4

https://twitter.com/ethanhyman/statu...562113/photo/2

Best coaching job?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    In the past, I've felt that our teams under Joanne tended to not improve enough from beginning to end of the season. Not this year. I think this is her best year as a Duke coach. For me, it started to become obvious in the State loss. Yeah, I will always get annoyed with the turnovers, the failed layups, the volume of missed close jump shots. I was personally close to giving up this season and considered just not going to games because they weren't fun for me. But, contrary to what I was feeling about quitting on the team, this team itself has not quit. The coach has changed her lineup and managed it well. It sure helped to get 2 really good guards back into the flow of the game after their return from injury, as I never expected they'd play at this level. I really want to see our fundamentals improve so that the wins will start at the beginning of the season and continue to postseason, whoever our coach is. No matter where you stand about Joanne, I think she deserves a lot of credit for how she's handled this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike4Fun View Post
    In the past, I've felt that our teams under Joanne tended to not improve enough from beginning to end of the season. Not this year. I think this is her best year as a Duke coach. For me, it started to become obvious in the State loss. Yeah, I will always get annoyed with the turnovers, the failed layups, the volume of missed close jump shots. I was personally close to giving up this season and considered just not going to games because they weren't fun for me. But, contrary to what I was feeling about quitting on the team, this team itself has not quit. The coach has changed her lineup and managed it well. It sure helped to get 2 really good guards back into the flow of the game after their return from injury, as I never expected they'd play at this level. I really want to see our fundamentals improve so that the wins will start at the beginning of the season and continue to postseason, whoever our coach is. No matter where you stand about Joanne, I think she deserves a lot of credit for how she's handled this year.
    Let's Go Duke!

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Play for Kay day at Cameron. The usual pink is trim on our white and their black uniforms, so those watching can tell which team is which.

Big game, FSU is ahead of Duke in the standings, if our team can pull out the win, we’ll be in third place in the ACC. Given our start to the season, who’d a thunk it.

Boykin out today. Knee soreness. Not taking any chances.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Boykin out today. Knee soreness. Not taking any chances.
    Ouch, literally and figuratively. She will be missed, hope someone steps up.
    LGD!

Very nice start, even though we stuck on 9 pts for a little too long. Big threes from both teams. I wouldn't mind seeing us rely less on outside shooting and getting some more drives in. 17-15 1st quarter lead.

Very nice start, even though we stuck on 9 pts for a little too long. Big threes from both teams. I wouldn't mind seeing us rely less on outside shooting and getting some more drives in. 17-15 1st quarter lead.
    Too many unforced turnovers. Duke has to be sharper to beat this team.

Some bench production would help.