Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

This Week in the ACC - 2/10-2/16

Big separation between the top three and the rest of the pack. And at this point, pretty much anyone not currently at .500 is a huge longshot for postseason play.

Monday
    [3]Duke (10-2) (-10) hosts [19]Florida State (10-2) (7:00, ESPN)

Tuesday
    [56]Syracuse (7-5) (-5) hosts [61]NC State (6-6) (7:00, ESPN2)
    [99]Wake Forest (3-10) (-2) hosts [89]North Carolina (3-9) (8:00, ACCN)
    [51]Virginia (7-5) (-4) hosts [55]Notre Dame (6-6) (9:00, ESPN2)

Wednesday
    [129]Miami (3-10) (-5) hosts [147]Boston College (6-7) (7:00, ACCNX)
    [81]Georgia Tech (5-8) (+6) hosts [9]Louisville (12-1) (8:00, ACCN)
    [78]Pittsburgh (6-7) (-5) hosts [96]Clemson (5-8) (9:00, ACCNX)

Thursday and Friday are dark

Saturday
    [19]Florida State (10-2) (-8) hosts [56]Syracuse (7-5) (12:00, ESPN2)
    [129]Miami (3-10) (-1) hosts [99]Wake Forest (3-10) (2:00, ACCNX)
    [3]Duke (10-2) (-14) hosts [55]Notre Dame (6-6) (4:00, ESPN)
    [96]Clemson (5-8) (+7) hosts [9]Louisville (12-1) (4:00, ACCN)
    [97]Virginia Tech (5-8) (-2) hosts [78]Pittsburgh (6-7) (6:00, ACCN)
    [89]North Carolina (3-9) (-1) hosts [51]Virginia (7-5) (8:00, ESPN)

Sunday
    [147]Boston College (6-7) (+3) hosts [61]NC State (6-6) (6:00, ACCN)

ACC Non-Conference: 119-41
    ACC vs. Power 5: 23-26

Efficiency Margin in Conference Play:
    Duke - +19.8
    Louisville - +14.1
    Florida State - +10.9
    Syracuse - +6.5
    Virginia - +5.4
    Notre Dame - +1.5
    NC State - -1.4
    North Carolina - -1.6
    Pittsburgh - -2.7
    Georgia Tech - -2.9
    Clemson - -6.0
    Virginia Tech - -6.1
    Wake Forest - -6.6
    Boston College - -11.6
    Miami - -15.8
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Other than Duke going 2-0 and UNC going 0-2, I’m hoping either Ga Tech or Clemson can play inspired at home against Louisville and steal a win...

Go Deacs!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Duke -10 vs FSU and -14 vs ND, wow.

Wow, Danny Manning’s Wake favored over UNC.

(And surprised that UNC is favored over UVA Saturday).

I would also like to point out that the worst overall home record for any team in the conference plays in the Dean Dome. In fact, at 5-7, UNC is the ONLY ACC school with a losing home record.

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Wow, Danny Manning’s Wake favored over UNC.

(And surprised that UNC is favored over UVA Saturday).
    Those numbers are from or backed up by Torvik's site. He had Duke -9 tonight. He has UNC +2 v. Wake and pick 'em with UVA.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Those numbers are from or backed up by Torvik's site. He had Duke -9 tonight. He has UNC +2 v. Wake and pick 'em with UVA.
    Unc may be missing Brooks and Robinson ..Brooks didn’t practice w eye. I suspect he will play though v Wf

ND wins 4 in row by beating Clemson. Granted Clemson was without Simms who is the main man. Still we will play ND on a hot streak

ND and UVA are at Near 50 in NET. I think ACC will get 4 or 5 in. One of UVA or ND among those. Winner of ND UVA takes a step toward tourney. State and Cuse are in NET 60s I think
    Last edited by gofurman; 02-11-2020 at 02:16 AM.

I would also like to point out that the worst overall home record for any team in the conference plays in the Dean Dome. In fact, at 5-7, UNC is the ONLY ACC school with a losing home record.

Ouch!
    That should really help to continue bringing in the fans disguised as seats.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    That should really help to continue bringing in the fans disguised as seats.
    A friend of mine (UGA grad, son @ Wake) took his son to Wake games at Cameron and the Dean Dome a few years ago. I asked what his experience was at each.

“At, Carolina, they cheer when the board asks for noise but otherwise they sit kinda quiet. At Duke, it was bedlam for two straight hours.”

MADE ME PROUD.

A friend of mine (UGA grad, son @ Wake) took his son to Wake games at Cameron and the Dean Dome a few years ago. I asked what his experience was at each.

At, Carolina, they cheer when the board asks for noise but otherwise they sit kinda quiet. At Duke, it was bedlam for two straight hours.”

MADE ME PROUD.
    I wonder if that includes the “tar-heels” chant you always hear a few times during their games. I assume they put it up on the video board in two separate single syllable words to make it as easy as possible for folks to follow along. That chant has always struck me as sounding so... elementary. And, yes, by elementary I am referring to a school for young children.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I wonder if that includes the “tar-heels” chant you always hear a few times during their games. I assume they put it up on the video board in two separate single syllable words to make it as easy as possible for folks to follow along. That chant has always struck me as sounding so... elementary. And, yes, by elementary I am referring to a school for young children.
    I assume it is cheerleaders with placards, but do not know. The only games I saw in the Dean Dome were the two we played there in the NCAA’s in ‘88.

“At, Carolina, they cheer when the board asks for noise but otherwise they sit kinda quiet. At Duke, it was bedlam for two straight hours.”

MADE ME PROUD.
    This is a point I was trying to make during live game Chat...that the Dean Dome, and the Carolina teams themselves, are vastly different for Duke at home than they are any other game. At Duke, the Carolina game is normally the craziest on the schedule, but it's close to that for a lot of games, and there have been years where maybe the LSU game, or the Michigan game, or the Maryland game, were the loudest and most intense. At the Myth Center...it's the Duke game as something totally different than any other game by a mile.

I didn't get much agreement on chat, as most were slamming Duke as playing badly like the BC game or SFA game. My contention was that no, it was a case that the Cheats were playing lights out in an atmosphere that our young players could not possibly prepare for, because it was so different than anything they had seen on tape. K post game presser made my comments age very well, both on how well the cheats played and how tough the atmosphere was...the clear indication that no, this was not a BC or SFA type performance by Duke.

It's kind of been this way since K passed the Dean and the Cheats by in the 90s as the areas most prominent program.

I think he plays but - https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...240165068.html

Says Brooks May sit out at Wake.

Fun games tonight. Unc. Then the 4 teams I see as playing for bids. ND v UVA. State v Syracuse. Losers can still make tourney but it gets harder

Ouch!
    That's a shame.

Tonight:

Notre Dame +4.5 at UVa

NCSU +5 at Cuse

unc -2 at Wake

Interesting note: UVa has held a lead with under 4 minutes to go in every ACC game they have played this year.
    Last edited by CameronDuke; 02-11-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Tonight:

Notre Dame +4.5 at UVa

NCSU +5 at Cuse

unc -2 at Wake
    So the line flipped and UNC is now the favorite? I need to know these things for the anti-jinx thread.

So the line flipped and UNC is now the favorite? I need to know these things for the anti-jinx thread.
    Yes on ESPN looks like unc is a 2 point favorite now.

NCSU up 39-35 at the half at Cuse.

Wake

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Yes on ESPN looks like unc is a 2 point favorite now.
    Time for Brandon Childress to lead his team against UNCheat like his dad did!