RIP Robert Conrad

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...215550139.html
    Star of one of my favorite shows as a kid.

I thought he died a long time ago. Must have just been out of sight for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I thought he died a long time ago. Must have just been out of sight for a long time.
    Age 84
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

It is sad to lose yet another "role model." When I was young, Conrad (James West!) was the kind of figure that boys my age looked up to as an example of what men should be.

In today's world he would be considered toxically masculine.

Times change.

as an irrelevant "what?"

I just saw the header of this and went "huh".

I am a marine geophysicist, and, back in the day, spent a significant amount of time at sea on the R/V Robert D Conrad, a research ship which was retired in the late 1980s with over a million miles of research track lines. So, not remembering this Robert Conrad, I had a "What the F..." moment.

Not that this is at all relevant to the memory of someone who appears to be a very good man and actor - but it did bring me up short.

I'm probably older than most of the posters here, so .... I loved watching Robert Conrad playing James West on the TV show "The Wild, Wild West". He was really good looking. RIP Robert Conrad.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlyduke View Post
    I'm probably older than most of the posters here, so ... I loved watching Robert Conrad playing James West on the TV show "The Wild, Wild West". He was really good looking. RIP Robert Conrad.
    I remember well, and years later he was very competitive on the Superstars where actors from the three networks competed in Olympic style events. Bob was in it to win it!