Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Can't find a clip right now, but props to the Jayhawk for staying in character.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I'd say good job whoever titled the thread.
    https://forums.dukebasketballreport...86#post1216786

It's why I try to keep my punnery sharp
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    There was mention of the KSt guy on Sports center after our game. Uncle Fester said he too should be suspended for rest of season. But I agree that it seems like most of the focus has been on DeSousa.

The other thing not being talked about is how Bruce Pearl's comments after the game are mostly dismissive and not giving any culpability to his guys, saying he hopes nothing comes of it. At least Self called it an embarrassment.
    To be fair, I'm not sure Bruce Pearl has much responsibility here. Bruce Weber, on the other hand...

Sorry--I now see Chicago 1999 already pointed this out. Missed that page of the thread.
    Last edited by MCFinARL; 01-22-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Can't find a clip right now, but props to the Jayhawk for staying in character.
    Referring to this? (Sound on.)

https://twitter.com/CWilliamson44/st...223504898?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Hingeknocker View Post
    Haha bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    ESPN says De Sousa has been suspended "indefinitely." Likely the first of many actions to be taken here.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Typical Bill Self, the school suspends the kid "indefinitely" which means virtually nothing. Sounds good, means little...Self will wait for the storm to pass, try to sneak him back on the team.
    I understand that Self will soon announce that Grayson Allen is permanently suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    ... Teenage boys are full of testosterone and subsequently they make a lot of bad decisions ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    According to Robert Sapolsky's The Trouble with Testosterone, that view of cause and effect is, contrary to popular belief, backwards.

Bad decisions cause the production of testosterone?

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Good to know!

So the takeaway from that is I need to make more bad decisions?

I can do that.

How do you think I got this buff?

Da Sousa gets 12 game suspension according to ESPN. He would return for the final regular season game against Texas Tech

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-kansas-state

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Da Sousa gets 12 game suspension according to ESPN. He would return for the final regular season game against Texas Tech

Not long enough. Should be done forever.

That’s it? That seems light for the chair regardless of whether the blow landed.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDevil View Post
    Not long enough. Should be done forever.
    Nah. That and the rest of the suspensions are about right.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That’s it? That seems light for the chair regardless of whether the blow landed.
    There was no blow to land, he never swung the stool.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    How do you think I got this buff?
    Huh. All I got was Male pattern baldness...

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Yeah, I had guessed 10+ for De Sousa, 6 for Love, 2-3 for McCormack, and maybe one each for folks leaving the bench. Sounds like the conference gave folks the “the clock was at 0 so we thought the game was over” benefit of the doubt on bench clearing, and must decided that Gordon threw a punch (bumping him up to 3 games). So I agree that it feels about right.

That is just the conference acting.

Self and KU could add more severe discipline …

Golly, I really crack myself up sometimes.

Exactly. Looked bad, even horrible. But definitely not “criminal” as many of the pundits have cried. There is a huge difference between picking up a chair and swinging a chair, much less landing an actual blow. Now I guess if someone was hurt when he dropped it, there could be some negligence or something. Honestly McCormack stomping on a guy, if he did land a blow, is much worse. That was no Laettner love stomp, that was intent to hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee View Post
    Exactly. Looked bad, even horrible. But definitely not “criminal” as many of the pundits have cried. There is a huge difference between picking up a chair and swinging a chair, much less landing an actual blow. Now I guess if someone was hurt when he dropped it, there could be some negligence or something. Honestly McCormack stomping on a guy, if he did land a blow, is much worse. That was no Laettner love stomp, that was intent to hurt...
    I'll let the legal eagles hereabouts sort out for you the definition of "assault" vs. "assault and battery."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

What kind of value do you place on the sheer terror factor of a 6’9” 245 lb. man grabbing a metal chair and raising it above his head in anger seemingly about to use it as a weapon of destruction on defenseless unprotected people wearing nothing put street clothes (or a basketball uniform)?

You don’t think that terrifying act in and of itself deserves more than a suspension from some basketball games? Those folks who were in the direct line of fire from what he was threatening to do could have been psychologically traumatized, not only in the moment, but long-term. He could have easily killed someone with that chair.