Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Well, I for one am shickled titless by the news.
    Well I guess I won't be painting any portraits of you then.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I was just confused how someone thought a "Zion's Baaaaccckkk ..." thread could be about Wendell Carter or Jesus (now I get it).
    This thread is actually about how Wendell Carter wanted to return for his sophomore year, but Zion’s mother talked him out of it.

Hi plimnko! I for one, have no problem with your post. The provided link explains your thread easily. Don't let a couple of Burger King, "I'm a damn fool!" wannabees, bother ya.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Well I guess I won't be painting any portraits of you then.
    I am not one of your French girls all shickled tit-ful!

Zion’s debut pushed back to next Tuesday, 1/22, now. And I had just set my DVR with all the NBA doings tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Zion’s debut pushed back to next Tuesday, 1/22, now. And I had just set my DVR with all the NBA doings tomorrow night.
    In addition, Pelicans have changed their tune on minutes restrictions and are now saying Zion will not have any.

Tuesday 01/22 does not exist.

It's actually Wednesday 01/22 at home vs San Antonio.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Actually, it will be Wednesday the 22nd against the Spurs.

-Jason "ESPN currently schedule to show 76ers-Raptors and Nuggets-Rockets that night... I wonder if that will change" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Actually, it will be Wednesday the 22nd against the Spurs.

-Jason "ESPN currently schedule to show 76ers-Raptors and Nuggets-Rockets that night... I wonder if that will change" Evans
    All of Zion's college games were available on TV nationally but most of his NBA games won't be. You get better TV exposure playing at Duke than you do playing in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    All of Zion's college games were available on TV nationally but most of his NBA games won't be. You get better TV exposure playing at Duke than you do playing in the NBA.
    Until the ACCN, anyway...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Tuesday 01/22 does not exist.

It's actually Wednesday 01/22 at home vs San Antonio.
    Sorry. My bad on the day of the week.

I am not one of your French girls all shickled tit-ful!
    CB&B does some abstract painting (my poorly worded descriptor), too, so he'd have a great time portraying my alarmingly unintelligent nature .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Fascinating look into what the Pels have been doing with Zion and some of the mind-blowing physics of Zion's body...

There are lots of interesting anecdotes and astounding numbers but, jeebus, to have this problem:

"Then Griffin shares another story about Williamson -- how the Pelicans engaged in a team-wide heavy weight-lifting routine for just one week during the offseason. Williamson gained eight pounds of muscle during that span, a degree of weight gain that shocked staffers."

Fascinating look into what the Pels have been doing with Zion and some of the mind-blowing physics of Zion's body...

There are lots of interesting anecdotes and astounding numbers but, jeebus, to have this problem:

"Then Griffin shares another story about Williamson -- how the Pelicans engaged in a team-wide heavy weight-lifting routine for just one week during the offseason. Williamson gained eight pounds of muscle during that span, a degree of weight gain that shocked staffers."
    Bump - really cool article.

Holy cow, Zion is the new Chuck Norris...

"No one with his body type gets up there," he says today, rewatching the jump.
    Later in the session, Williamson completed what is known as a box jump, in which he jumped down from an 18-inch box before quickly leaping as high as possible. When he did, those force plates recorded that he had created 4,900 newtons worth of force -- about twice the amount needed to crack a brick with a karate punch.

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Holy cow, Zion is the new Chuck Norris...

"No one with his body type gets up there," he says today, rewatching the jump.
    Later in the session, Williamson completed what is known as a box jump, in which he jumped down from an 18-inch box before quickly leaping as high as possible. When he did, those force plates recorded that he had created 4,900 newtons worth of force -- about twice the amount needed to crack a brick with a karate punch.
    Gotta be good on the knees.

GoDuke!

Zion

Good article on ESPN about Zion, sorry no link ESPN makes it default to home page? Jest of article is Zion is freak of nature and really a test for physical trainers to keep him injury free. Maybe if Duke med could clone him Duke could win national championship in football. Point of forum is pointless speculation ....I think Zion could play offensive line, defensive line, tight end, running back especially seeing what Chris Henry is doing, heck probably even QB.

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    Good article on ESPN about Zion, sorry no link ESPN makes it default to home page? Jest of article is Zion is freak of nature and really a test for physical trainers to keep him injury free. Maybe if Duke med could clone him Duke could win national championship in football. Point of forum is pointless speculation ...I think Zion could play offensive line, defensive line, tight end, running back especially seeing what Chris Henry is doing, heck probably even QB.
    This article was linked on the front page yesterday, and that link goes to the article. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...n-no-precedent

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    Good article on ESPN about Zion, sorry no link ESPN makes it default to home page? Jest of article is Zion is freak of nature and really a test for physical trainers to keep him injury free. Maybe if Duke med could clone him Duke could win national championship in football. Point of forum is pointless speculation ...I think Zion could play offensive line, defensive line, tight end, running back especially seeing what Chris Henry is doing, heck probably even QB.
    Zion's amazing talents would be wasted on the OL or DL...yes, he's strong enough to do so, but it would waste his amazing jumping, hands, speed, lateral quickness. I've said, only half joking, that in 2 weeks time he could be the best TE the NFL has ever seen. That's the position that most aligns with his unprecedented skill set.

Definitely TE, just throw the ball up there and nobody is out jumping him for it.