Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I’ll take Coach K. If Belichick wants to outclass K, he is going to have to prove he can win without TB12.
    And without cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    And without cheating.

Hey, you're moving the goalposts. I wonder if Belichick has tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Hey, you're moving the goalposts. I wonder if Belichick has tried that.
    No, but he deflated the opponent's goal posts!

In the wake of the playoff loss, the rumor mill is in full swing regarding where Tom Brady plays next year. A friend of mine told me the hot rumor today is that he signs with the Carolina Panthers. Anyone else hearing this stuff?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    In the wake of the playoff loss, the rumor mill is in full swing regarding where Tom Brady plays next year. A friend of mine told me the hot rumor today is that he signs with the Carolina Panthers. Anyone else hearing this stuff?
    1) Don't want him. Hard pass, full stop.

2) Brady is not coming to play for a rookie head coach with no NFL experience. Just no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    1) Don't want him. Hard pass, full stop.

2) Brady is not coming to play for a rookie head coach with no NFL experience. Just no way.
    Agreed with your take, and by the same token as your comment that I've bolded here, I really don't think a NFL rookie head coach would be particularly excited about trying to make his way through his first season with an aging Tom Freakin' Brady at QB.

Hearing it? I thought I started it with my earlier post.

I blame Alexa. She even listens in when I type and adjusts the interwebs as a result.

i heard tepper hated cheaters....so, brady is out...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

$62 million for Matt Rhule? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    $62 million for Matt Rhule? Really?
    Who cares what you pay your coach? There is no salary cap in play and the owners are multi-billionaires. The extra $2-3 mil per year that he is getting over what he probably should get to be a NFL coach is between the cushions loose change to David Tepper (net worth $11+ billion).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Anyone got predictions for this weekend? Last weekend's games were all amazingly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Anyone got predictions for this weekend? Last weekend's games were all amazingly entertaining.
    Vikings
    Ravens
    Chiefs
    Seahawks

Vikings
    Ravens
    Chiefs
    Seahawks
    I like the Ravens and Chiefs to advance. NFC feels like a tossup, but I'd love your picks getting an NFC championship game in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    49ers - I like both teams. Would be cool to see Kirk Cousins win another playoff game. 49ers have a few guys coming back from injury to help
    Seahawks - Hope I'm wrong.
    Ravens - Hope I'm right just for the entertainment factor of LJax
    Chiefs - Is it me or do the Chiefs just seem like a team that's almost really good...but they aren't

Speaking of moving the goalposts I hear the Pats are looking into whether they could sneak this in under the current rules. Or simply blame it on a windy day.

0B574462-48A8-4D24-AB35-240564088D58.jpg

Yeah, I know it’s irrelevant, but I couldn’t resist.

Who cares what you pay your coach? There is no salary cap in play and the owners are multi-billionaires. The extra $2-3 mil per year that he is getting over what he probably should get to be a NFL coach is between the cushions loose change to David Tepper (net worth $11+ billion).
    I'd want a better, proven coach for that kind of money, but hey, we're talking about the Panthers here.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'd want a better, proven coach for that kind of money, but hey, we're talking about the Panthers here.
    I think the point is that as a fan you don't have to care if the team overpayed. Either he's a good hire or he isn't whether we paid him $3 mil or $60 mil. It doesn't do me any harm for Tepper to be a couple million lighter in the wallet than he could have been.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    49ers
    Packers
    Ravens
    Chiefs

I want a great Super Bowl. I want Clydesdales, Dalmatian puppies, and marketing teams putting out commercials worthy of a the millions per second they are spending. I want a great halftime show with no wardrobe malfunctions. I want to be highly entertained paying only my cable bill in return.

This is pure conjecture, but I would not be surprised to see Elway bring in Brady like he did with Manning. I know the Broncos are not necessarily built to win now, but it just seems like something that could happen. As a Raider fan I am torn. He could be a problem. On the other hand, ending his career as payback for "the tuck" would be fun to see. (Yeah, I know - spoken like a true Raider fan. )

I think the point is that as a fan you don't have to care if the team overpayed. Either he's a good hire or he isn't whether we paid him $3 mil or $60 mil. It doesn't do me any harm for Tepper to be a couple million lighter in the wallet than he could have been.
    my counterpoint would be that if he proves to be a less than good hire, Tepper may be slower to acknowledge a mistake...not many guys want to acknowledge a $50million mistake, regardless of how wealthy they are.

Favorites to win Super Bowl about to be knocked out.