Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

2019 NFL Playoffs

AFC South > AFC East
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

ding dong the witch is dead....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    ding dong the witch is dead...
    He sure sounded like a witch planning to ride again in post-game...

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    He sure sounded like a witch planning to ride again in post-game...
    ...but on who's broom?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...but on who's broom?
    I’ll be shocked if Brady leaves New England. There isn’t a QB in waiting. Folks have been bringing up Peyton Manning going to Denver but there is no Andrew Luck in the picture.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I’ll be shocked if Brady leaves New England. There isn’t a QB in waiting. Folks have been bringing up Peyton Manning going to Denver but there is no Andrew Luck in the picture.
    Well there is that....on the other hand, Adam Schefter and some others - with some inside kind of info - have said in the past couple of months that they'd be surprised if Brady retired or stayed in New England. I don't know if they still hold to that theory or not. New England is stuck if he wants to come back. He's clearly deep into his "back nine" - the only question is - is he in the rough on 18, or already having a tweak in the 19th hole.

Just as the Lakers exiled themselves to many years in the wilderness with their "thanks for the past" mega contract to Kobe - the Pats will do that if they throw big cash at Brady.

Well there is that...on the other hand, Adam Schefter and some others - with some inside kind of info - have said in the past couple of months that they'd be surprised if Brady retired or stayed in New England. I don't know if they still hold to that theory or not. New England is stuck if he wants to come back. He's clearly deep into his "back nine" - the only question is - is he in the rough on 18, or already having a tweak in the 19th hole.

Just as the Lakers exiled themselves to many years in the wilderness with their "thanks for the past" mega contract to Kobe - the Pats will do that if they throw big cash at Brady.
    I don't think the Patriots will spend big on Brady. One of Belichick's signature moves is to get rid of players on the downslope or even before. In the past he has been totally unsentimental about dumping people. It's cold, but generally a good business strategy. I suppose we shall see shortly.

Or maybe in a suprise move Belichick will dump the coach.

Two amazing games yesterday. I expect Seahawks/Eagles should be another good one. Saints ought to roll over the Vikings.

Great start to the playoffs!

Are we certain Brady is going to demand big cash? He is already filthy rich. I suspect his demands will be for team upgrades at receiver.
    Bob Green

Are we certain Brady is going to demand big cash? He is already filthy rich. I suspect his demands will be for team upgrades at receiver.
    yup, their WR group is simply pitiful...that's been evident all season. Edelman and no one else.

And sneakier cheating.

will be interesting to see if roger MILHOUS goodell will level any REAL punishment for the recent back-sliding...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Are we certain Brady is going to demand big cash? He is already filthy rich. ...
    Because his wife is, and always has been, richer. The only thing filthy about Giselle are my thoughts …

What a fitting effective end to the career of The Golden Boy. So much has gone right for him throughout his career. To lose two straight home games (one to the Dolphins!) and his last pass a pick 6?

Sure, he'll probably play with someone else next year: Unitas, Namath, Tarkenton, Montana, Favre, Manning, all continued. But, he will need a Manning-like landing spot to succeed.

This will be an interesting off-season, with QBs like Brady and Rivers on the open market, along with Carr, Mariota, Winston, Flacco, Eli Manning, (Luck coming back?), and Josh Rosen; and Dak Prescott without a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Because his wife is, and always has been, richer. The only thing filthy about Giselle are my thoughts …

What a fitting effective end to the career of The Golden Boy. So much has gone right for him throughout his career. To lose two straight home games (one to the Dolphins!) and his last pass a pick 6?

Sure, he'll probably play with someone else next year: Unitas, Namath, Tarkenton, Montana, Favre, Manning, all continued. But, he will need a Manning-like landing spot to succeed.

This will be an interesting off-season, with QBs like Brady and Rivers on the open market, along with Carr, Mariota, Winston, Flacco, Eli Manning, (Luck coming back?), and Josh Rosen; and Dak Prescott without a contract.
    Is there scuttlebutt of Luck coming back? I hadn't heard any grumblings, but I'm not that dialed into NFL rumors if they aren't on radio.

We can all not like Brady if we want to, but there's zero chance he demands the Pats back up the Brinks truck for a one or two year contract. He has repeatedly taken less money than his peers in order to keep his supporting cast around.

I'd like to see Rivers land somewhere that he has a chance to win something significant. His talent is immense, but he has never been given the right tools with the Chargers.

The only thing I admire about Winston is his confidence. I heard his post game after becoming the first QB in history with 30 TDs and 30 INTs and he said something along the lines of "if I can eliminate my mistakes, I can be really good."

Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is there scuttlebutt of Luck coming back? I hadn't heard any grumblings, but I'm not that dialed into NFL rumors if they aren't on radio.

We can all not like Brady if we want to, but there's zero chance he demands the Pats back up the Brinks truck for a one or two year contract. He has repeatedly taken less money than his peers in order to keep his supporting cast around.

I'd like to see Rivers land somewhere that he has a chance to win something significant. His talent is immense, but he has never been given the right tools with the Chargers.

The only thing I admire about Winston is his confidence. I heard his post game after becoming the first QB in history with 30 TDs and 30 INTs and he said something along the lines of "if I can eliminate my mistakes, I can be really good."

Sure.
    Kaepernick is available. I am sure that Boston would love him.

...but on who's broom?
    Hard to imagine him for anyone but House Slytherin, that’s for sure, though Brady has always had strong huff n puff, err, hufflepuff, vibes to me.

Brady is pretty much fixated on the notion of showing people he can play until he's 45...either the Pats get him better players to play with, or he goes to a contender elsewhere...and I think he'll give up a lot of salary to do that.
    Plus Giselle probably doesn't want him around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Brady is pretty much fixated on the notion of showing people he can play until he's 45...either the Pats get him better players to play with, or he goes to a contender elsewhere...and I think he'll give up a lot of salary to do that.
    Plus Giselle probably doesn't want him around the house.
    I thought Brad Stevens' comments on the matter were both funny and interesting. He suggested Vince Carter and Tom Brady are in a competition against retiring. On the one hand, that's funny. On the other, I think you're on to something. Guys like Brady, Brees, and Carter (and my bet is eventually Lebron) are reinventing and redefining their sports in new ways with performance longevity. It would not surprise me that Brady is driven to defy the expectations of what his draft place was and on the tail end defy expectations of how long a man can play in the NFL at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I thought Brad Stevens' comments on the matter were both funny and interesting. He suggested Vince Carter and Tom Brady are in a competition against retiring. On the one hand, that's funny. On the other, I think you're on to something. Guys like Brady, Brees, and Carter (and my bet is eventually Lebron) are reinventing and redefining their sports in new ways with performance longevity. It would not surprise me that Brady is driven to defy the expectations of what his draft place was and on the tail end defy expectations of how long a man can play in the NFL at a high level.
    yeah, I'm really not exaggerating about his fixation...he's completely dedicated himself to diets and exercise regimens which he feel will help him accomplish his goal (these regimens have been the source of some conflict within the Pats organization)...He's not going to go to some bad team simply to play longer, but he's going to make a concerted effort to be high level competitive for several more years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, I'm really not exaggerating about his fixation...he's completely dedicated himself to diets and exercise regimens which he feel will help him accomplish his goal (these regimens have been the source of some conflict within the Pats organization)...He's not going to go to some bad team simply to play longer, but he's going to make a concerted effort to be high level competitive for several more years at least.
    Conflict in that his trainer seems to lack qualifications other than being a good source of PEDs.