Page 1161 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 161661106111111151115911601161116211631171121112611661 ... LastLast
Results 23,201 to 23,220 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Prairie Artisan Vanilla Noir

An incredible nose- tantalizing bold whisky and a grand flourish of vanilla.

Disappointing pour, no head at all. Quite viscous.

Vanilla, vanilla and more vanilla before finishing with coffee, chocolate, and oak.
    The impact of the whisky barrel aging is evident throughout even as it is subdued by the vanilla.

I am now anticipating “regular” Noir with high hopes, expecting something like Willetized Lagunitas..

Went great with vanilla frosted Christmas cookies.

Cheers! 🎄🍻

Boulevard Brandy Land

From KC’s most distributed, an imperial stout brewed with spices and aged in apple brandy barrels. Wowzers! Pours nice and black. Minimal head. Boozy nose. Some nice spice on the palate, and just a tinge of pucker on the palate. The barrel aging does wonders for this. Be careful, though: 12.4% ABV, but nonetheless easy-drinking for that gravity. IBU at 32, which may explain the quaffability. Easily Cat 3. Worth tracking down (whether from Barrel Chest or otherwise). Awesome beer!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    That is high praise. I'll have to seek one out.

And just know that in poker, firing 3 barrels is bluffing with your entire stack in 3 progressively larger bets on the final 3 betting rounds (usually with nothing). So I need to find that triple barrel too, just on degenerate principle.
    Talk to your gal, Stella, and hope her other beau on Ymm, Beer does not get jealous.

If Stella disappoints, which she rarely does (so I've heard), a text/PM to accfanfrom1970 might be a reeeeeaaaaalllllly good 2nd option.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Prairie Artisan Vanilla Noir

An incredible nose- tantalizing bold whisky and a grand flourish of vanilla.

Disappointing pour, no head at all. Quite viscous.

Vanilla, vanilla and more vanilla before finishing with coffee, chocolate, and oak.
    The impact of the whisky barrel aging is evident throughout even as it is subdued by the vanilla.

I am now anticipating “regular” Noir with high hopes, expecting something like Willetized Lagunitas..

Went great with vanilla frosted Christmas cookies.

Cheers! 🎄🍻
    One of these appeared in a Christmas mixed 6er from our son. He's got a good Mama.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Boulevard Brandy Land

From KC’s most distributed, an imperial stout brewed with spices and aged in apple brandy barrels. Wowzers! Pours nice and black. Minimal head. Boozy nose. Some nice spice on the palate, and just a tinge of pucker on the palate. The barrel aging does wonders for this. Be careful, though: 12.4% ABV, but nonetheless easy-drinking for that gravity. IBU at 32, which may explain the quaffability. Easily Cat 3. Worth tracking down (whether from Barrel Chest or otherwise). Awesome beer!
    I think Duvel-Moortgat has done great things with Ommegang and Boulevard.

Serendipity-New Glarus Brewing

Shared a 12 ounce bottle among 4 of us with beef tenderloin, smashed redskin potatoes, carrot souffle, green bean casserole (yes, with the onion rings on top) and steamed green beans.

Received rave reviews from all who tasted.

Wisconsin Belgian Red-New Glarus Brewing

Shared a 12 ounce bottle among 4 of us with beef tenderloin, smashed redskin potatoes, carrot souffle, green bean casserole (yes, with the onion rings on top) and steamed green beans.

Raspberry Tart-New Glarus Brewing Company

Shared a 12 ounce bottle with our older daughter and Mrs. dd as a digestif as I finished clean-up after our Christmas meal. One of only three beers my wife will drink. Our daughter had never tasted a NG fruit beer before today and was highly impressed.

Grove-Brewery Bhavana

Four ounce portion from older son-in-law when the contents of his pint can wouldn't *quite* fit in the glass I handed him. A very juicy tropical fruit IIPA. Easily a cat 3 in that very crowded DIPA league.

Ardent Milk Stout

Rich chocolate nose.

Opens with a dark chocolate bitterness which smoothes out into a fudgy finish.

Quite nice.

Cheers! 🎄🍻

Hardywood’s 2019 Triple Barrel GBS. 11 months in brandy barrels, 4 in bourbon and 4 in rum barrels. Spectacular. Split three ways at Xmas Eve party son’s. Son got more brandy on the nose than I did, but not really tasting the brandy. Warm bourbon with the ginger and honey up front. A molasses and cinnamon finish. All well balanced and smooth. Only 13.5% abv. High cat. 3. Luckily I still have one from the set and can’t imagine how good it will be next Xmas.

If I can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Serendipity-New Glarus Brewing

Gee I wonder what beer might go well with this Christmas dessert.
    .4CA7DEA8-9BF8-436B-81F3-5A2926CEBCE8.jpg

2b31966f-9558-490a-b82b-c2018b288425.jpg

I've got a beverage in mind to pair with my dessert tonight...

Gee I wonder what beer might go well with this Christmas dessert.
    .4CA7DEA8-9BF8-436B-81F3-5A2926CEBCE8.jpg
    I can happily assure everyone that Serendipity goes wonderfully with a cranberry cake. Homemade frosting, homemade candied cranberries and a moist vanilla base cake with cranberries in the cake really being out a delightful tartness in Serendipity.

Fantastic pairing.🍻

Is there a Fullsteam Igor Pecan Pie edition?

In no particular order:

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
    (Or any BBA stout)
    Brueprint Scottish style ale (or BA version)
    A marzen/Octoberfest
    A coffee porter or stout

Anything barrel aged or malty should be pretty complementary.

Has me thinking if there is a beer that would be a good foil for pecan pie.

Something hoppy, but not with fruity hops (no Azacca, Mosaic, or Galaxy).

Maybe a Duck Rabbit Black IPA? (Little Hoppy Bunny)

In no particular order:

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
    (Or any BBA stout)
    Brueprint Scottish style ale (or BA version)
    A marzen/Octoberfest
    A coffee porter or stout

Anything barrel aged or malty should be pretty complementary.

Has me thinking if there is a beer that would be a good foil for pecan pie.

Something hoppy, but not with fruity hops (no Azacca, Mosaic, or Galaxy).

Maybe a Duck Rabbit Black IPA? (Little Hoppy Bunny)
    Hardywood GBS comes to mind!! Gifted one at my cousin's Xmas dinner get-together today. Still a few taps with GBS around town!!

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Hardywood GBS comes to mind!! Gifted one at my cousin's Xmas dinner get-together today. Still a few taps with GBS around town!!
    I've still never tried Hardywood GBS or any of its variants. (When we couldn't fit milk in the fridge due to all the beer, I endeavored to drink it all before buying more. This has taken months.)

But my mentor Devildeac has given me lots of good direction to make sure that changes soon with the GBS!

Nightmare on Brett - Crooked Stave - Sour - ABV 9.666%

It pours almost black with half-finger tan head, just like a stout.

The best part of this beer is the aroma which is world class. I smell a beautiful acidic, roasty, balsamic aroma that makes me yearn to taste.

The taste is a little disappointing next to the aroma. Beeradvocate says this beer is world-class, but I definitely disagree. It's a good beer, not world-class. The Cherry and Raspberry Nightmare on Brett's are significantly better.

I will say that the taste is amazingly complex, and more is going on than I can fully appreciate. It's nicely acidic sour and tart, but pretty drinkable. It's not too sour. There are dark fruits there, but I'm not sure what they are. There is some dark chocolate. The bourbon near the finish is subtle, but the best part of the taste. You must let the beer warm to get that (I got it with second glass as this was 750 cc bottle). The finish is pretty dry, but nice enough. The mouthfeel is medium with decent carbonation, but sort of watery at times.

Overall this beer was lacking the wow factor. It's a Category 2, not 3 for me. But the aroma was outstanding, and glad I tried it.

Cheers!

Is there a Fullsteam Igor Pecan Pie edition?
    Not that I'm aware of, but perhaps we should speak to the brewmaster on Saturday afternoon...