Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Carolina Hurricanes 2019-2020 Thread

I started one last season, and it ended up being a pretty hot thread late in the season and in the play offs. So with a 3-0-0 start, rallying from third period deficits in all three games...and Aho and Teuravinen still not on the score sheet...could be a lot of fun again.

Don't look now, 4-0-0. Hard not to start getting a bit excited about this team.

5-0-0 now. Was at the game tonight. Not quite a playoff crowd, but decent. Canes are getting contributions from everywhere, even the new guys. Hope they keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    5-0-0 now. Was at the game tonight. Not quite a playoff crowd, but decent. Canes are getting contributions from everywhere, even the new guys. Hope they keep it up!
    Aho and Tuevo haven't even gotten it going yet. When they do...

Rare back to back good games...

Canes played outstanding Friday, high energy, pushed the action...Saturday, they were flat. Columbus was flat Friday, got beat, but were high energy and on their game Saturday. SO SO SO hard to have good back to backs in hockey. The NHL does a better job now of making sure both teams are in back to back situations, so somebody has to win the game of course on the second part of the back to back...but it's rare you play well both times.

I feel like what Andrei Svechnikov did last night merits some discussion...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Doesn't that need to go in the LAX thread?

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/svechn...-2-1/18731746/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

It went viral last night pretty immediately...amazing. His second goal wasn't too shabby either. I believe he's scored 4 of the six the Canes have scored in their last two game.

Marking my calendar .. Dec 28 , Caps visit Canes.. PNC ..

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I started one last season, and it ended up being a pretty hot thread late in the season and in the play offs. So with a 3-0-0 start, rallying from third period deficits in all three games...and Aho and Teuravinen still not on the score sheet...could be a lot of fun again.
    https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...e-nhl-dentists

No call for a competitive chess thread?

Let's Go Canes!! It be rainin Chiclets!

Hello Aho

Maybe Sebastian Aho waking up...2 goals last night in 7-3 win.

Going to the game tonight. Speculation on the radio last night that they might use Mrazek back to back. We'll see what happens.

Kinda blah effort tonight, Reimer included. Also just seemed like every mistake was a Devils goal. Guess that's how it goes sometimes.

Reimer was just bad. And there were plenty of mistakes to go around..They'll be ok though.

Svech does it again. Fun game to watch tonight. The second period looked like the hockey equivalent of the showtime Lakers.

Svech does it again. Fun game to watch tonight. The second period looked like the hockey equivalent of the showtime Lakers.
    That second period was a hoot....and Winnipeg has some speed and some skill, and had a lot of grade A chances that just missed, or were stopped by Mhrazek. But when Aho and Svech are scoring, and Staal gets in the mix, this is a very good hockey team.

That second period was a hoot...and Winnipeg has some speed and some skill, and had a lot of grade A chances that just missed, or were stopped by Mhrazek. But when Aho and Svech are scoring, and Staal gets in the mix, this is a very good hockey team.
    Love what Teravainen is doing too. They close out the road trip tonight in Colorado. Avs have been hot, so it's a big one. Then finally back home Saturday against Florida, and I'll be there!

Love what Teravainen is doing too. They close out the road trip tonight in Colorado. Avs have been hot, so it's a big one. Then finally back home Saturday against Florida, and I'll be there!
    ole Turbo and Aho really have some great chemistry going now...need to ride this hot streak....a win tonight and it's 9 out of a possible 10 on a long western roadie...that's phenomenal.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    ole Turbo and Aho really have some great chemistry going now...need to ride this hot streak...a win tonight and it's 9 out of a possible 10 on a long western roadie...that's phenomenal.
    Crazy last 4 minutes to pick up the points.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Persistence. Great win last night..