Page 1128 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 128628102810781118112611271128112911301138117812281628 ... LastLast
Results 22,541 to 22,560 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

There are not enough tears for this.
    I love New Belgium, and I don’t use that word lightly.

Bummer. Wish this had been more of a DFH and Sam Adams thing. This is the tip of the iceberg as those that started the craft revolution reap the benefits.

The real question is will Stone ever sell???

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    ��������������������������������

There are not enough tears for this.
    I love New Belgium, and I don’t use that word lightly.

Bummer. Wish this had been more of a DFH and Sam Adams thing. This is the tip of the iceberg as those that started the craft revolution reap the benefits.

The real question is will Stone ever sell???
    How about some of the other top 20 largest US craft brewers like Sierra Nevada, Bell's, Deschutes and (gasp) even New Glarus?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

DBR filter be damned:

https://www.wataugademocrat.com/news..._medium=social

Fuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😀

DBR filter be damned:

Fuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😀

Fuuuuuuuuck!!!!! Is right. Had no idea they were even on that kind of radar.

Wow. That's gonna ruffle a lot of local feathers.

Rats.

After all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, it was time to open a good one:

Brewery Bhavana Cellar Door #6

Two year old Belgian strong ale fermented in a single Cabernet barrel.

Smells a little bit like sweet and sour chicken.
    Definitely a bit of cab to the nose.

Whoa...flavour explosion.

A bit like New Glarus Kuhler, which is odd (to say the least).
    Perhaps not as sweet.

A dry, rotten wood barrel finish.

(As an aside, I pregamed with a friend over a couple bottles of wine so my taste buds are ahem, unreliable at this point.)

The Kuhler sweet initial taste transitions into a rich sweet tart mid palate before a juicy fruit (young) Cab finish.

A bit alcohol hot, not unpleasantly so.

Another home run from BB. 🍻

DBR filter be damned:

Fuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!! ������������
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Totally separately, I can’t post about Bright I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. Tank Top (a fantastic Charlotte beer), but this gets through???

And, not surprisingly, it is going to become increasingly difficult to remain completely “pure.”
    Last edited by Tripping William; 11-19-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Totally separately, I can’t post about Bright I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. Tank Top (a fantastic Charlotte beer), but this gets through???

And, not surprisingly, it is going to become increasingly difficult to remain completely “pure.”
    “Pure” is an interesting discussion.

My current thought is local, wherever local may be. It’s actually somewhat exciting to me that something my be only available in a particular region, as a reason to visit.

Coors availability being only in Colorado is before my time, and yet I can also see why Smokey and the Bandit would do what they did. New Glarus is the new Coors.

Too much beer stuff to process today.

Surprising but not *that* surprising as I think InBev already owned ~20% of Portland-based Craft Brew Alliance stock anyway. More money to spend on Oskar Blues, Burial, Brewery Bhavana, Fullsteam, Ponysaurus, Durty Bull, Trophy, Gizmo, Wise Man, Foothills, NODA, Heist, etc. Might mean any extra delivery or pick-up for us/accfanfrom1970 from Veil, Hardywood, Vasen, Ardent. Plus, our son live in Ohio and plenty of independently owned craft brewers there for now.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Question to our Richmond beersters about The Answer, a brewery that appears to be associated with Mekong, a Vietnamese restaurant in RVA:

Good reputation?
    I’ve not been.

Did you mean to post Bright A_S_S Tank Top?

“Pure” is an interesting discussion.

My current thought is local, wherever local may be. It’s actually somewhat exciting to me that something my be only available in a particular region, as a reason to visit.

Coors availability being only in Colorado is before my time, and yet I can also see why Smokey and the Bandit would do what they did. New Glarus is the new Coors.

Too much beer stuff to process today.
    I think I will *process* some beer "stuff" with dinner in a little while with a porter nyesq83 left at the ND tailgate and then a New Anthem imperial porter as a nightcap tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I’ve not been.
    Was a favorite of duketaylor iirc.

Surprising but not *that* surprising as I think InBev already owned ~20% of Portland-based Craft Brew Alliance stock anyway. More money to spend on Oskar Blues, Burial, Brewery Bhavana, Fullsteam, Ponysaurus, Durty Bull, Trophy, Gizmo, Wise Man, Foothills, NODA, Heist, etc. Might mean any extra delivery or pick-up for us/accfanfrom1970 from Veil, Hardywood, Vasen, Ardent. Plus, our son live in Ohio and plenty of independently owned craft brewers there for now.
    If Burial, BB, Fullsteam or NoDa are acquired, I may just take up drinking craft spirits.

Great. Now you just jinxed some of my favorites

Great. Now you just jinxed some of my favorites
    I'll move to Fonta Flora, Mother Earth, mas Casita Cerveceria, Heist and some Wilmington breweries then but *might* sip a few of fuse's spirits (in the night).

Re-review. JackieO’s Black Falls. Imperial Porter aged 17 months in apple brandy and bourbon barrels. Oak, caramel, sweeter than any other porter you’ll have from the brandy. Conditioned on vanilla beans. So it’s smooth, boozy, sweet and dangerous. 13.5%. Yep. 13.5%. Cat. 3, best porter I’ve ever tasted.

Austin, TX

Any suggestions (besides Shiner Bock)?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Who would like to host the December Virtual Pub? Pick a date, pick a style. It’s not hard, once you pick a style, a style you like...all you have to do is drink and review.

Any suggestions (besides Shiner Bock)?
    I think Jester King is in Austin.

Go down memory lane and maybe you’ll find reinvented Celis.

I bet there are tons of great breweries in Austin.