Page 1118 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1186181018106811081116111711181119112011281168121816182118 ... LastLast
Results 22,341 to 22,360 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    Is it appropriate to have a Fat Tire (New Belgium Brewing Company, Fort Collins, CO) while watching the Duke-Colorado State game tonight? Or is that considered to be supporting the enemy?
    At least you aren't drinking Coors! You good...

Is it appropriate to have a Fat Tire (New Belgium Brewing Company, Fort Collins, CO) while watching the Duke-Colorado State game tonight? Or is that considered to be supporting the enemy?
    Fat Tire is always appropriate.

Stella run this afternoon ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

They had Sweetwater in the Blue Devil Club. I believe that’s the name of the Hall of Fame area. New River Brewery tomorrow. I hope they sell those pint glasses that were in the picture. I met Devildeac and Ozzie tonight. What a great honor!

Depends on if it was brewed in CO or Brevard, NC...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Stella run this afternoon ...
    Ooooh, this is always an interesting lead up to something...

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    They had Sweetwater in the Blue Devil Club. I believe that’s the name of the Hall of Fame area. New River Brewery tomorrow. I hope they sell those pint glasses that were in the picture. I met Devildeac and Ozzie tonight. What a great honor!
    We were indeed honored that you hiked up to meet us. Pleasure was all ours. Great game to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    No bet, because I meant the older, larger format 2017 bottle. That I’ll bet a beer on, no pie. For some reason I think Hardywood does better with the larger format bottles. Just anecdotal.
    You could bet a Mamaw's Peach cobbler

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    You could bet a Mamaw's Peach cobbler
    I drank mine a week or so ago meaning he can't win that from me.

Yea, International Stout Day was yesterday but I'm finishing this bottle tonight:

The Abyss Rum Barrel Version-Deschutes Brewery

Credit-I don't remember whether this was a trade with Tripping William or a local craft beer store owner; I have two bottles so I've give both full credit
    Format-bomber
    Bottled on-09/15/17
    Appearance-10W30 with a thin, mocha head
    Nose-rum, unsweetened chocolate, molasses, black licorice
    Mouthfeel-viscous, almost chewy
    Tastes-dark chocolate, burnt caramel, dark rum, raisins, dates, figs, molasses with a hint of licorice that's pretty well hidden by all the other flavors
    IBU-probably 50
    ABV-13.9% (a very, very good reason I divided this over two nights)
    Overall impression-might be my favorite Abyss so far; outstanding
    Ymm, Beer rating-cat 3; amazingly complex drinking that's not "tarnished" with too much licorice like the original

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    From what they claim is NC's first (only?) female-owned brewery comes a riff on the Belgian Tripel. Not the best riff. The color is great (nice, bright gold), but the rest just sort of falls flat. Not much on the nose, not terribly flavorful, a little bitterness on the aftertaste. Good to try once. Cat 1.
    I had Bombshell Tripel Vixen tonight with Peach & Hibiscus.

Nose on mine was nice peaches. The flavor was nice peach forward that quickly transitioned into a metallic, bitter aftertaste. It was half good - nice pour as T-Will said, nice nose for me, and nice peachy start. But the bitter, metallic middle to finish to aftertaste ruined it. Fuse Category 1. Glass half empty? Nope. 10% ABV and glass all empty. Thanks to whoever got this for me! Not all beer is Category 3, but even the Category 1 stuff is much better than big beer.

I had Bombshell Tripel Vixen tonight with Peach & Hibiscus.

Nose on mine was nice peaches. The flavor was nice peach forward that quickly transitioned into a metallic, bitter aftertaste. It was half good - nice pour as T-Will said, nice nose for me, and nice peachy start. But the bitter, metallic middle to finish to aftertaste ruined it. Fuse Category 1. Glass half empty? Nope. 10% ABV and glass all empty. Thanks to whoever got this for me! Not all beer is Category 3, but even the Category 1 stuff is much better than big beer.
    You're welcome. I think. At least I don't think Tripping William can blame this one on me . I'll try to do better on my next round. Maybe some new Ohio brews exchanged at some "seedy" WS location on our way back from Columbus in a couple weeks...

Of course, the West Highlands/WS city area would be fine, too

Fullsteam brews good beer. More in the AM.

Hmm, tailgate selection for tomorrow: an imperial coffee stout with cherries from Wolf's Ridge or a Scotch Barrel-Aged Abyss...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You're welcome. I think. At least I don't think Tripping William can blame this one on me . I'll try to do better on my next round. Maybe some new Ohio brews exchanged at some "seedy" WS location on our way back from Columbus in a couple weeks...

Of course, the West Highlands/WS city area would be fine, too
    I can't thank you enough for this round.

I just had:

Wisconsin Belgian Red - New Glarus - 4% ABV

This is another just Wow beer from New Glarus. Beergoddess loved it too, and now if she sees me drinking New Glarus she wants lots more than a sip.

The pour is orange-brownish red. Gorgeous beer. It smells better than the 2 fresh cherry pies I've won.

The taste is incredible. It's very intense fresh, juicy cherry, but somehow perfectly balanced with light wheat. There is faint sweetness, but not cloying. There is faint tartness like an oh-so fresh cherry, but not sour. It's refreshing and very drinkable. Good medium body and feel. Fuse Category 3. It's another must-try fruited beer. Jackson household loved it. Thanks Devildeac!!!

(And I meant the Bombshell Tripel Vixen was glass all empty because I drank it all. It wasn't bad, just flawed. It had good peach flavor, and nice floral hibiscus. That brewery just needs to work with Haw River or Allagash on how to make a better base tripel).

Merciless DIPA - The Veil - 8% ABV.

I had it last weekend, but busy weekend so didn't post a review.

DIPA field is crowded, but this one really stands out. Fuse Category 3. They had me at "piles of fresh Citra, Galaxy, Simcoe, and Vic Secret." Beautifully hoppy without bitterness.

I still remember the lovely pour - thick, lacy, lingering head with fresh pineapple and mango aroma.

It was pineapple, mango, and hop forward, hoppy middle, and beautiful slightly dank finish. Full body.

Veil doesn't mess around - world class DIPA for me. But I'll admit I love that hops combination.

Thanks ACCFan!

From Last Night -
    Octoberfest - Great Lakes Brewing - 6.5 %

Good Octoberfest. At first I thought it tasted just like a Heineken. Fuse Category 2. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ooooh, this is always an interesting lead up to something...

MEB Fig & Raisin;
    Couple four-baggers of NoDa brews; and
    Reserved Parking
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I can't thank you enough for this round.

I just had:

Wisconsin Belgian Red - New Glarus - 4% ABV

This is another just Wow beer from New Glarus. Beergoddess loved it too, and now if she sees me drinking New Glarus she wants lots more than a sip.

The pour is orange-brownish red. Gorgeous beer. It smells better than the 2 fresh cherry pies I've won.

The taste is incredible. It's very intense fresh, juicy cherry, but somehow perfectly balanced with light wheat. There is faint sweetness, but not cloying. There is faint tartness like an oh-so fresh cherry, but not sour. It's refreshing and very drinkable. Good medium body and feel. Fuse Category 3. It's another must-try fruited beer. Jackson household loved it. Thanks Devildeac!!!

(And I meant the Bombshell Tripel Vixen was glass all empty because I drank it all. It wasn't bad, just flawed. It had good peach flavor, and nice floral hibiscus. That brewery just needs to work with Haw River or Allagash on how to make a better base tripel).
    You're most welcome again. The Jackson household reaction is very similar to the fuse and devildeac households when a New Glarus fruit beer is consumed.

Merciless DIPA - The Veil - 8% ABV.

I had it last weekend, but busy weekend so didn't post a review.

DIPA field is crowded, but this one really stands out. Fuse Category 3. They had me at "piles of fresh Citra, Galaxy, Simcoe, and Vic Secret." Beautifully hoppy without bitterness.

I still remember the lovely pour - thick, lacy, lingering head with fresh pineapple and mango aroma.

It was pineapple, mango, and hop forward, hoppy middle, and beautiful slightly dank finish. Full body.

Veil doesn't mess around - world class DIPA for me. But I'll admit I love that hops combination.

Thanks ACCFan!
    It is indeed very difficult to argue about those hops, whether solo or in various combinations.