Page 1099 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 99599999104910891097109810991100110111091149119915992099 ... LastLast
Results 21,961 to 21,980 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Nice!

If you like German beers, Prost Brewing is pretty cool. I remember it being fairly close to Great Divide, which is a bonus.
    I hosted Oktoberfest in September, so, yeah ...

Thanks for the suggestions.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    There are only like 150 breweries in the area, good luck hitting them all My son went to Denver months ago, Great Divide was a favorite and an offbeat place that made beer from grapes. Kind of a wine/beer hybrid. I’ll have to try and find the place, he said they had good Italian food too. Oenobeers? I think. He also added Longtable to his list.
    Yeah, I won’t make it to them all (try as I might). Was hoping the DBR experts would help me narrow the field a little ....

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    In the Mile High City from Wednesday to early Saturday morning. For what beers should I be keeping an eye out?
    I have no knowledge of craft breweries in Denver but, if you don't mind that "in 2017, Spain-based Mahou-San Miguel Group acquired a 70% stake in Avery," fuse sent me an astonishing 4 page tap list from Avery (IIRC) from a couple years ago.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Nice!

If you like German beers, Prost Brewing is pretty cool. I remember it being fairly close to Great Divide, which is a bonus.
    There are only like 150 breweries in the area, good luck hitting them all My son went to Denver months ago, Great Divide was a favorite and an offbeat place that made beer from grapes. Kind of a wine/beer hybrid. I’ll have to try and find the place, he said they had good Italian food too. Oenobeers? I think. He also added Longtable to his list.
    Great Divide is also a fabulous suggestion. Beware the Yeti and all its siblings/offspring.

I hosted Oktoberfest in September, so, yeah ...

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Well, mattman hosted, well, never mind...

From 11/11/16 and 10/13/18:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Rum Barrel-Aged Pumking-Southern Tier Brewing Company

This would have been fun to taste side-by-side with the Pumking that richardjackson199 brought last week. Oh, well. However, 4 or 5 of us had little difficulty sipping our was through this bomber second in line last PM. Pour was a clear, pumking, err, pumpkin orange with very little head. They do not list any spices in the regular version, nor are any listed here so they must use a crapton of pumpkins in their brewing process. Actually, this really tasted like pumpkin-infused rum on the rocks. There was some light brown sugar, graham cracker and whole wheat on the palate, and some more pumpkin. Then a bit more yo-ho-ho rum. This became even boozier as it warmed, even only drinking 4-5 ounces each. I'll venture IBUs about 30 as it most resembled a light amber ale and the ABV was 9.5% compared to 8.6% from regular Pumpking. Good pairing with our burgers and pulled pig. I'd strongly consider pouring 2-3 ounces of this over a bowl of vanilla or butter pecan ice cream. Hell, it'd be good over cookies and cream or chocolate chip cookie dough frozen dairy dessert, too.

Thanks to August West for sharing this one!!
    Rum Barrel Aged Pumking-Southern Tier Brewing

Oh. My. Goodness. Add this to the short list of high quality pumpkin beers.

Beer #2 during our warm and comfy man cave event watching tOSU football today in Cuyahoga Falls while the ladies stood outside with temperatures in the low to mid 40s in a barely heated tent wearing jackets and blankets for our DIL's baby shower.

Poured from a 500 ml bottle and shared 3 ways. Clean/clear orange-amber pour with a thin head. This stuff smelled like booze. Good Caribbean aged medium/dark rum. First tasting impression is also aged rum, followed by brown sugar and closing with faint spicing and pumpkin. I'll estimate IBUs around 30 and the ABV was a stunning 13.4%, meaning the bottle August West (?) brought to our shoe-nc tailgate about 4 years ago was the "children's" version, clocking in at "only" about 9.5% .
    And, the DH from Saturday:

Credit-August West is a fine fellow, a very fine fellow for finding another 500 ml bottle of this; thanks!!
    Appearance-above; thin head
    Nose-rum and more rum
    Mouthfeel-warm, very warm
    Tastes-maybe even more rum, followed by dry pumpkin, mild herbal bitterness and brown sugar
    IBU-30 is a good guess
    ABV-13.4% and feeling every bit of it
    Overall impression-despite the boozy "heat," I really liked this concoction. Again
    Ymm, Beer rating-sneaks into the cat 3 tier; I'd put this on your "find" list if you've never had it before

Had Upland Champagne Velvet last night.

A crisp pilsner with a bit of a green tinge, and some pear flavour.

Quite nice and yet really not that special.
    Worth trying.

Also had a conversation with Sweet Baby Jesus.

Its been years plural. That blend of chocolate and peanut butter is amazing.

Hardywood mades a Belgian Blonde, on the beer menu there was not a real name.

A very tasty singel style ale.

Very, very nice. Will be looking out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Their flagship Belgian Blonde is called Singel , which along with Pils and VIPA has a pretty wide distribution. Their was talk about them getting into Atlanta and I’m assuming places in between.

Their flagship Belgian Blonde is called Singel , which along with Pils and VIPA has a pretty wide distribution. Their was talk about them getting into Atlanta and I’m assuming places in between.

Not sure why this went twice.
    Last edited by accfanfrom1970; 10-15-2019 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Edited

Their presence in the Raleigh area is increasing slowly but surely. Last week I saw their Baltic Sunrise in a bottle shop. No worries though, accfan, you'll always have a job as our Richmond beer mule if you want it given the fact that Veil, Ardent and Vasen have no presence here and the gingerbread boy only appears as the still tasty original.

Not sure why this went twice.
    Post count padding .

Had Upland Champagne Velvet last night.

A crisp pilsner with a bit of a green tinge, and some pear flavour.

Quite nice and yet really not that special.
    Worth trying.
    I had this during my recent trip to DC, and agree with this. A good pils, but no real "wow" factor.

Foothills Pumpkin Ale

And, the DH from Saturday:

Credit-August West is a fine fellow, a very fine fellow for finding another 500 ml bottle of this; thanks!!
    Appearance-above; thin head
    Nose-rum and more rum
    Mouthfeel-warm, very warm
    Tastes-maybe even more rum, followed by dry pumpkin, mild herbal bitterness and brown sugar
    IBU-30 is a good guess
    ABV-13.4% and feeling every bit of it
    Overall impression-despite the boozy "heat," I really liked this concoction. Again
    Ymm, Beer rating-sneaks into the cat 3 tier; I'd put this on your "find" list if you've never had it before
    I suppose this begins the annual autumnal onslaught of pumpkin beers.

I purchased a sixer of 12-ounce bottles of Foothills. Had one last night. A very good beer. Pours a bright orange/gold color, medium head. Nice spices on the nose. A little sweet (borderline cloying) on the palate, at least to my liking. But the baking spices are really prevalent, and the pumpkin somewhat understated but well-balanced. Easily Cat 2, but not particularly worthy of putting on a "'find' list," IMO (says the guy who works within a brisk walk from their taproom . . . . ).

I suppose this begins the annual autumnal onslaught of pumpkin beers.

I purchased a sixer of 12-ounce bottles of Foothills. Had one last night. A very good beer. Pours a bright orange/gold color, medium head. Nice spices on the nose. A little sweet (borderline cloying) on the palate, at least to my liking. But the baking spices are really prevalent, and the pumpkin somewhat understated but well-balanced. Easily Cat 2, but not particularly worthy of putting on a "'find' list," IMO (says the guy who works within a brisk walk from their taproom . . . . ).
    No pumpkinfest for me though I suspect I'll sample a couple more over the next 1.5 months.

Final entry from tailgate:

La Blonde De Ch'nord-Les Brasseurs de Gayant

Credit-buddy and maybe his friend David; thanks!!
    Format-corked and caged 750 ml bottle
    Style-French pale ale, aka Bière de Garde
    Appearance-medium straw color with a generous, fizzy head
    Aromas-apples, pears, wet hay
    Mouthfeel-fun; bubbly
    Tastes-match the scents along with some simple sugar syrup, floral Euro hops and a bit of yeastiness
    IBU-40ish
    ABV-7.4%
    Overall impression-a very pleasant surprise and completely new ale and brewery to me, especially given the perception that the French are far better known for their wonderful wines.
    Ymm, Beer rating-sold cat 2; I'd be delighted to have another glass of this

This sounds intriguing:

"Dark & Stormy" Regent's Rum BA Tripel w/Ginger & Lime

• 8.3% ABV

• Haw River Farmhouse Ales

This sounds intriguing:

"Dark & Stormy" Regent's Rum BA Tripel w/Ginger & Lime

• 8.3% ABV

• Haw River Farmhouse Ales
    I'm game to try about any experiment Haw River wants to run. Sounds like something right up their [bowling] alley [hint, hint].

I'm game to try about any experiment Haw River wants to run. Sounds like something right up their [bowling] alley [hint, hint].
    [hint, hint] taken, but, I think I'm being framed.

Will be passing through WS again headed north late AM on Friday 11/22 and on return journey early afternoon on 11/25. I'll keep you apprised .