Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kyrie at duke

Quote Originally Posted by JamminJoe View Post
    Suggesting to K that Kyrie should’ve only played 20 mins in that game would’ve probably gotten a reaction like “Get the f*** out of here.”
    Okay, this thread has now officially gone well past the point of absurdity.

Steven, I agree. The thread is absurd. My final point is just to quote what I believe to be the most concise statement over 4 pages that fully echoes my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I absolutely loved watching Kyrie play.

Giving a player crap after he fought back from a season-long injury to rejoin the team seems pretty low to me.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    K was between a rock and a hard place. damned if he did, damned if he didn't...
    ^^^^^ This...

I think it's clear that the optimal number of minutes for Kyrie to have played against Arizona would have been 28 minutes and 14 seconds. To suggest otherwise discredits Coach K and means you aren't a true Duke fan.
    Of course, my simulations suggest that even at this perfect balance point of 28:14, Duke still loses by 2 in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Steven, I agree. The thread is absurd. My final point is just to quote what I believe to be the most concise statement over 4 pages that fully echoes my thoughts.
    The premise is wrong. No one is giving Irving “crap”. I think many are just pointing out (as most did in the moment way back when) that he wasn’t fully ready to return from injury and four months of not playing basketball, the team needed more time to slowly integrate him back into the lineup, and he needed more time to get in basketball shape. That time wasn’t available, and we all saw the results. That’s all. There is no blame on Irving. He did his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I think it's clear that the optimal number of minutes for Kyrie to have played against Arizona would have been 28 minutes and 14 seconds. To suggest otherwise discredits Coach K and means you aren't a true Duke fan.
    Of course, my simulations suggest that even at this perfect balance point of 28:14, Duke still loses by 2 in OT.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    The premise is wrong. No one is giving Irving “crap”. I think many are just pointing out (as most did in the moment way back when) that he wasn’t fully ready to return from injury and four months of not playing basketball, the team needed more time to slowly integrate him back into the lineup, and he needed more time to get in basketball shape. That time wasn’t available, and we all saw the results. That’s all. There is no blame on Irving. He did his best.
    People blame Kyrie for not working well in Boston. They blame him for flat earth weirdness. I don't think most DBR posters fault him for the Arizona game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    People blame Kyrie for not working well in Boston. They blame him for flat earth weirdness. I don't think most DBR posters fault him for the Arizona game.
    Yet that is the very premise of the thread, and several have agreed with it. But thankfully it is not the majority of DBR posters.

This horse is skeletal...

-jk